PDA

View Full Version : Missing Football Teams

markwales
8th May 2005, 16:29
Right then chaps...I need some help filling this lot in for work !! It's taken me an age to type, so get your thinking caps on :D:D

All the spaces are homes of English, Scottish or Welsh football clubs. I know several of them, but left all the gaps to see if you knew them too :D

The sun shone Brighton the day we set sail for the Orient aboard an ancient wooden ship with a Hull riddled with holes and a Crewe made up of Scotsmen, Welshmen and others of the Celtic race. The were a rowdy bunch and did in fact wrexham furniture after a heavy session. The exception was the cabin boy, whose job it was to stoke the boilers. He won our hearts with his endeavour to conquer his lack of learning by practising his reading alone, as if sent to Coventry.

One the whole, the sea ayr was good for the family and the break did my Motherwell as she had not had a holiday forfar too long. It certainly did her ............. a lot of good.

At last we docked at the Newport, which had just been built, and at once headed for the residence of the Hawaiian Monarch, the famed Queens Park which was looked after by the forest Rangers dressed in .............. green. The greeted us with a friendly Alloa below the hills where they BURY their dead.

For tea we had Dundee cake, Chelsea buns and some ............. which was best left alone.

We rushed back to the ship and on the way we saw the baker who had left his bike by the ............... My son fell on his behind and my wife fell on her .............. Ono arrival at the ship we found we had suffered a .............. because someone had not put the Bolton the door. We must have disturbed the thief because he had left his Luton the table.

We ............. home after a very eventful trip. the last person we saw was Jackie ............. who was exercising his dogs, all on Leeds.

mathare
8th May 2005, 16:32
"where they .......... their dead."
BURY

"cake, ............. buns "
CHELSEA

"looked after by the forest ..........."
RANGERS

mathare
8th May 2005, 16:32
" the .............. the door"
BOLTON

mathare
8th May 2005, 16:33
"break did my .......... as she had "
MOTHERWELL

vegyjones
8th May 2005, 16:33
Right then chaps...I need some help filling this lot in for work !! It's taken me an age to type, so get your thinking caps on :D:D

All the spaces are homes of English, Scottish or Welsh football clubs. I know several of them, but left all the gaps to see if you knew them too :D

The sun shone.BRIGHTON the day we set sail for the ORIENT aboard an ancient wooden ship with a HULL riddled with holes and a CREWE made up of Scotsmen, Welshmen and others of the CELTIC race. The were a rowdy bunch and did in fact WREXHAM furniture after a heavy session. The exception was the cabin boy, whose job it was to STOKE the boilers. He won our HEARTS with his endeavour to conquer his lack of learning by practising his READING alone, as if sent to ..............

One the whole, the sea AYR was good for the family and the break did my MOTHERWELL as she had not had a holiday FORFAR too long. It certainly did her ............. a lot of good.

At last we docked at the NEWPORT, which had just been built, and at once headed for the residence of the Hawaiian Monarch, the famed ............. which was looked after by the forest RANGERS dressed in .............. green. The greeted us with a friendly ALLOA below the hills where they BURY their dead.

For tea we had DUNDEE cake, CHELSEA buns and some OLDHAM which was best left alone.

We rushed back to the ship and on the way we saw the baker who had left his bike by the MILLWALL My son fell on his behind and my wife fell on her ARSENAL Ono arrival at the ship we found we had suffered a BRECHIN because someone had not put the BOLTON the door. We must have disturbed the thief because he had left his LUTON the table.

We ............. home after a very eventful trip. the last person we saw was Jackie ............. who was exercising his dogs, all on ................

A quick couple :D

mathare
8th May 2005, 16:34
"docked at the ..........., which had just been built"
NEWPORT

tophatter
8th May 2005, 16:34
CREWE mad up of scots welshmen and other members of the CELTIC race

tophatter
8th May 2005, 16:35
Dundee cake

markwales
SLOW DOWN !!...lol....I can't update it that quick :laugh

mathare
"whose job it was to............... the boilers. He won our ............ with his endeavour "
STOKE, HEARTS

tophatter
BURY their dead

mathare
"holiday .............. too long"
FORFAR

mathare
8th May 2005, 16:36
"as if sent to .........."
COVENTRY ?

mathare
8th May 2005, 16:38
"his dogs, all on ................"
LEEDS

markwales
8th May 2005, 16:40
The greeted us with a friendly .........

ALLOA :D

tophatter
8th May 2005, 16:41
Practiasing his READING

mathare
8th May 2005, 16:42
"the sea .......... was good for the family "
AYR

mathare
8th May 2005, 16:43
"he had left his ............. the table"
LUTON

mathare
8th May 2005, 16:45
"did in fact............ furniture "
WREXHAM

mathare
8th May 2005, 16:46
"the famed ............. which "
QUEEN'S PARK ?

mathare
8th May 2005, 16:52
"we had suffered a .............. because "
BRECHIN

mathare
8th May 2005, 16:53
"some ............. which was best left alone."
OLDHAM

TheOldhamWhisper
8th May 2005, 16:54
dressed in .............. green

(Nottingham) Forest

mathare
8th May 2005, 16:59
"We ............. home after a very eventful trip"
PRESTON ?

TheOldhamWhisper
8th May 2005, 17:00
her ............. a lot of good

You sure there's an 'a' in there - I'd have thought Chester would fit quite well.

TheOldhamWhisper
8th May 2005, 17:07
left his bike by the ...............

Millwall

TheOldhamWhisper
8th May 2005, 17:14
my wife fell on her ..............

Arsenal (think about it!) :laugh

TheOldhamWhisper
8th May 2005, 17:15
we saw was Jackie .............

Charlton

GlosRFC
12th May 2005, 13:07
her ............. a lot of good

Arsenal?

samantha1303
12th May 2005, 14:08
Is this finished?

sparkyminer
12th May 2005, 14:12
.........dressed in LINCOLN green.............