PDA

View Full Version : Staking Plan

Sandman
14th May 2005, 13:38
Hi All

I am new to this forum. I have been reading it for a few weeks now, and thought it was about time I joined.

I use a staking plan based on a 5 4 3 2 1 0 starting stake. It offers good profits, providing that you achieve 50% winners. You can only lose 15pts per cycle of 6 bets.

I am sure that this must be quite a well known system, but I can't find any mention of it in the forums (or should that be fora??). Does anybody else use this, or is it too risky?

Win2Win
14th May 2005, 14:13
... is it too risky?That's why we don't use it, the maths are not that simple. Yes you get profits, but they can soon be wiped out in the statistical blip that will occur.

Sandman
14th May 2005, 23:10
Thanks Win2Win.
Is the general recommendation to use level stakes?
I have found this system to increase winnings on good runs, as compared with l/s. However I am concerned with the obvious potential to throw away good wins in the first couple of bets, by spreading the winnings as stake for the final four bets.
Does anyone have any experience of this staking plan? Does it have a name?

TheOldhamWhisper
15th May 2005, 12:08
The system you mentioned is only useful for VERY high Strike Rate systems (and one blank day can wipe out weeks of work). Have a look on the main site pages - there are some useful staking plans on there and you should find one to suit your needs.