PDA

View Full Version : My Notebook

Fadetoblack
16th May 2005, 20:49
I got a good few winners by following my little "notebook" system (if you can call it that) last year so I've decided to share the horses that I think should be watched this summer. I'll add to it along the way and post when a horse is about to run.

I've been doing well so far this year too with a winner tonight in Ireland (flashy beau - 2nd twice, he had to win tonight).

I'll kick off with some horses that are declared to run in the next week.

Summer Charm

Berverley 17th May.

Was last seen running on in a big field to finish 2nd at Windsor earlier this month. Was hampered a couple of times and is one of two horses that I took out of this race that I think are sure winners this summer. The other horse is called Dover Street and had a horrible journey in that race, looked like the winner all the time but every time he tried to deliver a challenge the door was slammed in his face. Summer Charm, for the time being, is handicapped win a couple of races.

Windmill Flyer

Tipperary 19th May

This is a horse I know quite well (Well I know the owner)...he was the subject of a gamble and nice win back in March 03...he then injured himself and came out to run dismally in four runs since. Don't me mistaken, this is a quality horse and it will win again, the owners know that it's going to win again. I have highlighted him here because I think that he's a horse that needs good ground. He won on good ground and came back from an injury to flop in ground that was always soft-heavy. At the moment over here the ground is pretty good and if it stays like that I think this horse will run the race that's in him...and probably at a very decent price.

Curtain Bluff

This is one that has been in my book since his first run. I ignored the race after his debut because it was over 7F and his first promising race was over a mile (A mile two would be perfect). He went back to a mile for his next race though and at 16-1 I was happy to get on each way. He finished 2 lengths 2nd to 1-5 winner Cashier. That, my friends, is nice form. He'll win next time but only over a mile +

That's it for now....I'll return though.

Fadetoblack
17th May 2005, 09:36
Both Curtain Bluff and Summer Sharm running today.

Forecast: 15-8 and 6/4

icebreaker
17th May 2005, 16:07
Well done with CURTAIN BLUFF!!! Nice one, and well selected by you.

Curtain Bluff

He'll win next time but only over a mile +

Wins by 6 lengths over SEVEN furlongs. :) :) :) :) :)

Fadetoblack
20th May 2005, 15:16
Two other horses appear in my notebook that I see are running today.

They are two horses that have been tips in the past but I was told to follow:

Won't leave an Oat

6:15 Downpatrick

Has been running fairly inconsistantly in bumpers and contests a maiden hurdle today. The vibes have always been good for this for some reason, and there's a chance he can meet expectations today.

Dostoievsky

7:15 Downpatrick

Like Windmill Flyer, this is a horse that has been searching hard for a sound surface. He finds it today and a good run is expected. Should be a decent price.

Fadetoblack
20th May 2005, 15:17
Also

Windmill Flyer (IRE)
--------------------------
5 day entry at Clonmel 26th May, details available at
http://www.irish-racing.com/v3card083200505262025.htm

Fadetoblack
20th May 2005, 18:24
Won't leave an Oat

6:15 Downpatrick

Has been running fairly inconsistantly in bumpers and contests a maiden hurdle today. The vibes have always been good for this for some reason, and there's a chance she can meet expectations today.

Make no mistake, this is a bad horse. Sometimes if you get a tip from an owner you'll keep an eye on the horse for a few runs, but I think the next time I'll be looking at this horse she'll be in tramore (beach, bringing kids for little walks up and down) This race was awful and if he was anything at all she should have won. A definite deletion from the notebook.

tophatter
20th May 2005, 18:53
That is what the Notebook is for FTB. Nice thread this one - I like it a lot

Fadetoblack
20th May 2005, 19:07
Thanks TH, it was good to me last year and i'm hoping for similiar rewards this time

Fadetoblack
20th May 2005, 19:23
Dostoievsky

7:15 Downpatrick

Like Windmill Flyer, this is a horse that has been searching hard for a sound surface. He finds it today and a good run is expected. Should be a decent price.

;fire I really thought I was on a winner here. Got him at 8-1 this morning and was very surprised to see him return at 4-1. Jumped the final fence in the lead and was caught close home. Had him each way but I was impressed with the run. I'll keep an eye on this one and see what race he tries next time.

Fadetoblack
25th May 2005, 20:04
For some reason I was never notified about this but:

Dover Street

8:45 Newmarket

Another one from the book....got no kind of run last time out, travelled like the winner, got stopped a half dozen times....Should run well tonight

Sorry for the lateness. They can update me twice a day about where Windmill Flyer plans to go but they can't tell me once about this one.

Fadetoblack
25th May 2005, 22:07
Ok Tomorrow.

Windmill Flyer

Clonmel 8:25

I think I've spoke enough about this horse. Good ground. Load of duck eggs beside his name that I've already explained yet still 2nd favourite.

I'm hopeful.

Fadetoblack
1st June 2005, 09:59
I don't think this Notebook is going to work. Irish-Racing, who I use for tracking the horses, is not letting me know about most of them. I got a mail this morning saying one of my horses RAN yesterday, but no warning before he ran. The horse was littledodayno, he won, but at 8-15 though (2nd fav NR) - still, it would've been nice to be informed.

MarcusMel
1st June 2005, 11:26
Have you thought of using the Runners Index on the racingpost site to see all the horses running for the day?

Fadetoblack
1st June 2005, 11:50
Yeah I use that a lot, it's an excellent resource...it would just be handier to not have to search it for all the horses every day as we know that horse's declarations can change every day. Will probably have to find a more reliable horse tracker.

mathare
1st June 2005, 11:51
Try the alerts at GG.com mate

Fadetoblack
1st June 2005, 12:00
Only problem with that one mat is that it doesn't include Irish horses.

tovarich
1st June 2005, 12:06
CURTAIN BLUFF is running tonight, 7.40...Bev. over 7 Furlongs.(C/D Winner) Up in class and up in weight from last run.
Should Win. :D

Workshy
1st June 2005, 12:07
Ok Tomorrow.

Windmill Flyer

Clonmel 8:25

I think I've spoke enough about this horse. Good ground. Load of duck eggs beside his name that I've already explained yet still 2nd favourite.

I'm hopeful.

This runs tonight and Im backing it :doh

EDIT: Wrong one, im backing Waterline Twenty :laugh

Fadetoblack
1st June 2005, 12:11
Ok...can you guys be my new horse trackers? Fair play. May as well add Black Falcon too, running tomorrow, found out by accident...

Fadetoblack
1st June 2005, 12:13
This runs tonight and Im backing it :doh

EDIT: Wrong one, im backing Waterline Twenty :laugh

He is entered in a race every other day this week though..whatever ground is best he'll be there....TO WIN!!!!!! :yikes:

MarcusMel
1st June 2005, 12:16
If time will see if I can write a diary utillity - but my enthusiasm for programing is sadly lacking these days.

mathare
1st June 2005, 12:17
While your enthusiasm wanes mine is on the increase Marcus. Let me know if I can be of any help with anything...

MarcusMel
1st June 2005, 12:20
If you email me a list of the horses you wish to track I can start a thread that says on the day that they are running. However I'm not that reliable either.

I'm already able to do this sort of thing with the software I have written, but I can't distribute the software.

vegyjones
1st June 2005, 12:36
Sporting Life provide a Nag Me service
for horses in England and Ireland...

but it costs a yearly subscriptionof £2.99 :yikes:

My dad uses it... Works via e-mail and text message (which costs extra I think) :rolleyes: 50p a text or something like that!

Fadetoblack
1st June 2005, 14:36
Ok.....I have to put my hand up and admit stupidity.....Ya see I thought that they sent individual mails for each horse....when in fact each mail had a few horses on it so...eh...well I had been getting informed about all the horses.....Apologies to Irish-racing.com...a great horse tracker service..... :geek

Fadetoblack
9th June 2005, 18:04
OK....Three "Qualifiers" tonight.

Golden Rambler

Uttoxeter 7.40
When this horse was winning he was doing it in fine syle against better horses than he will encounter tonight. This horse and Leche Bottes have been in the book for what seems like ages, I kept this one in because of the trouble that Johnjoe was having with his stable. The cloud seems to have parted now and on handy mark I think 4-1 should be taken tonight.

Kentmere

Uttoxeter 8.10

Kinda funny that these two pop up in back to back races..Anyway, for some reason I wasn't informed about this one when he ran last time (Or I probably just didnt see it in the mail), good thing too cause he didnt win. Decided to highlight him now cause the form of the race he won back in May is working out nicely with Absolute Power winning this week.

Bravo

Uttoxeter 9.10

Wow...this one has been there a while....Ok the favourite in this race is everyone's proverbial good thing today and so he should be....however, this horse is a massive price and i think he's better than 25-1. I've been told there were excuses for his last run (pulled up)...worth another chance each way.

Fadetoblack
15th June 2005, 19:08
I'll persist with this for a little while....

DOVER STREET
9.05 Nottingham

RP Forecast 14-1

Definite each way quality.

pcahill21
12th August 2005, 16:06
I thought i was the only boards member on this.By the way i am "The jock" from boards.Hows that windmill flyer going,did they "retire" him.

Workshy
12th August 2005, 16:09
Awww, a red blob already, what a shame :)

Merkin
12th August 2005, 16:39
Why's he got a red blob so soon?

Workshy
12th August 2005, 17:03
For what his post originally said.

MarcusMel
12th August 2005, 17:09
Shhh! Moderators at work :hic

Merkin
12th August 2005, 17:57
:laugh :laugh

Fadetoblack
18th August 2005, 18:45
What did it originally say? I'm curious....