PDA

View Full Version : Ada's Friday Night Quiz #6

TheGoodGuy
20th May 2005, 23:27
Have a go at these....

Age should give you the advantage...NOT Google!!

Normal 'Ada' rules apply.

RED = SOLVED

1. What was the name of Sid’s next door neighbour in ‘Bless This House’? TREVOR
2. On TV, how were George Logan and Patrick Fyffe better known? HINGE & BRACKET
3. What was Dudley Moore always searching for in the series of Tesco ads? CHICKENS
4. What nickname did Alf Garnett give his son in law? SCOUSE GIT/SHIRLEY TEMPLE
5. What was the name of the policeman in the kids TV show ‘The Herbs’? CONSTABLE KNAPWEED
6. Which TV science competition show saw Professor Heinz Wolff set three teams engineering puzzles to solve? THE GREAT EGG RACE
7. In the 70’s, what colour bag did Toffee Treets come in? PALE BLUE
8. Once you completed an ‘I Spy’ book, what was the title of the person you could send it to? BIG CHIEF I SPY
9. What was the name of the bubble gum that came with a tiny cartoon strip between the wrapper and the gum? BAZOOKA
10. Who advertised seat belt use with the famous ‘Klunk Klick, Every Trip’ campaign? JIMMY SAVILE
11. Who sang the catchy title song to TV’s ‘The Adventures of Rupert Bear’ which reached No.16 in the UK charts in 1970? JACKIE LEE
12. What were the names of the twins in ‘The Woodentops? JENNY & WILLIE
13. What was the name of the aircraft force Dick Dastardly commanded? THE VULTURE SQUADRON
14. In which kids TV programme did the characters Humphrey Cushion and Dusty Mop appear? HICKORY HOUSE
15. In ‘Only Fools And Horses’, what was Rodney’s middle name? CHARLTON
16. Which appliance company made and advertised the Sodastream? KENWOOD
17. Ken, Tucker and Speed were all mates of which 70’s sitcom character? WOLFIE SMITH
18. Who assisted Dr. Bunsen Honeydew in his largely unsuccessful experiments? BEAKER
19. Who did Arthur Ashe beat in the 1975 Wimbledon Men’s Singles’ final? JIMMY CONNORS
20. In 70’s ‘fashion’, what was the name of the headgear featuring two balls on wires strapped to the head? DEELY BOPPERS

Ada.

sparkyminer
21st May 2005, 02:10
6 The Great Egg Race.
9 Bazooka Joe.
10 Jimmy Saville.
16 Kenwood?
17 Wolfie (Citizen) Smith.
19 Ken Rosewall.
20 Deely Boppers.

bigcumba
21st May 2005, 07:40
Blime, brain not in gear this morning... I think SParky is wrong with 19 though - I think it was Jimmy Connors....

GlosRFC
21st May 2005, 10:00
2. Hinge and Brackett
3. A chicken I think
4. Scouse git
8. Big Chief I-Spy
15. Charlton (Afletic, as Del would say)
18. Beaker

sparkyminer
21st May 2005, 10:37
Blime, brain not in gear this morning... I think SParky is wrong with 19 though - I think it was Jimmy Connors....
You're right BC. I've just done quick Google. :)

TheGoodGuy
21st May 2005, 12:52
Not bad so far guys....keep going.

Ada.