PDA

View Full Version : Later with Jools Holland

bigcumba
27th May 2005, 23:33
in a couple of minutes.... (1135) Van Morrison - Legend... don't miss it!

markwales
27th May 2005, 23:34
Hmmm....Can I tear myself away from the poker table after having to go out with the missus earlier???

John
27th May 2005, 23:37
I'm on the case Campebell - thank you! :D

bigcumba
27th May 2005, 23:43
Just watched the Kaiser Chiefs.... very good - 70's style new wave... and watch out or Frank Black.... another legend!

John
27th May 2005, 23:53
Kaiser Chiefs are great, but I get the feeling a lot of these new-wave 70's bands are just following The Strokes.

bigcumba
27th May 2005, 23:56
Does seem to be a bit of a revival of that sort of thing.... Futureheads are another I mentioned before - they're all pretty good though! What did you think of the first Van Morrison song - typical of his later stuff, laid back, soulful, and another great voice... liked the Eels song as well - must be something you like as well maybe?

vegyjones
28th May 2005, 00:03
Van Morrison...

He's great in Bob The Builder! :D

John
28th May 2005, 00:04
I liked that VM song a lot :) And the Eels - who can forget Beautiful Freak and Susan's House? The album 'Beautiful Freak' is one which I just listened to and listened to until it took all the gold away from it... but I can listen to it now like that never happened... Great records! John Legend... liking him too! So much music and so little time.

bigcumba
28th May 2005, 00:48
Liked a couple of the John Legend tracks, a couple not so keen on... good voice though. A wee bit too 'late night jazz' for me... VM was brilliant - should have given him more time!