PDA

View Full Version : poker book

kookooheed
12th June 2005, 08:09
i've been playing poker for 2 months or so now and its been an up and down time, ive probably broke even only to lose out due to "comission".then last week on nights ive read a few chapters of a book called "PLAY POKER LIKE THE PROS" written by phil hellmuth jr. got to say this weekend alone ive won about 40% of all single table tournaments and come second or third very often.ive made £70 just playing £3 tables but without adopting the strategies that phil demonstrates i would still be in the same boat.good on you phil.:D

Win2Win
12th June 2005, 08:59
You need to play the same for 3 months to see if it is working, but remember your not the only one who's read the book, and people learn your style of play, and take advantage of you. Don't we Oldham?? :laugh

Profit Seeker
13th June 2005, 15:32
So you only play "PHIL'S TOP TEN" then Kuckoo? Makes me laugh that does, the top ten belongs to Phil only :laugh
I like to adopt his theories too only not just the beginner theory so I play more than top ten. After my complaints about betfair it seems it was merely a long bad run, my record of late stands 2nd, 2nd, 1st, nowhere, 1st, 2nd in STT's and nowhere, nowhere, 1st, in multis so not too bad :)
According to Doyle Brunson his book super system doesn't really apply nowadays as he gets you too bully players but now says to many youngsters won't be bullied so I won't bother reading that one.

TheOldhamWhisper
13th June 2005, 15:36
...According to Doyle Brunson his book super system doesn't really apply nowadays as he gets you too bully players but now says to many youngsters won't be bullied so I won't bother reading that one.

You don't think it's because Super System 2 is now on sale, do you? :rolleyes:

kookooheed
13th June 2005, 15:41
p.s well recommend me a better book as obviously you dont think much of this one.and yes i do play the top 10 and any other pairs,but there is much more in this book than the top 10 best hands, its how to play them :ass1

Workshy
13th June 2005, 17:18
Top 10 hands?! I thought I was a tight player :laugh

"Workshy's Power Poker" will be available in all reputable book stores from August 1st.

I'm currently writing the chapter on how to get refunds from betfair when the software goes down Ooo

Profit Seeker
13th June 2005, 19:49
Good idea Workshy, been subjected to that a few times myself. Kookoo I do think alot of Phil's book, sorry I didnt mean playing top ten hands makes me laugh, if it's been working for you then that's great, I meant the way he puts it is funny, "PHIL'S top ten", like no ones thought of it before. I've seen his poker million $ secrets and the way he says it is funny, a great talent though for sure!
Perhaps that's what Doyle meant when he was saying his super system 1 is out of date then Oldham, he didn't mention book number 2 at all.