PDA

View Full Version : The M6 Toll Road

Onlyforfun
22nd June 2005, 16:53
AMAZING, why can't we have more of these? £3.50 for 18 miles of pure driving pleasure. 3 lanes all to yourself, no speed cameras and a great big fence so you don't even have to see Birmingham in the distance.

Now if they could do some more through Cardiff, Liverpool......

bigcumba
22nd June 2005, 17:01
I've heard a few folk praising this one - and why not... if we go up that way we'll certainly use it!

Win2Win
22nd June 2005, 17:07
The only problem I found with it is that it has been built so that it is a continuation of the M6, if you want to STAY on the real M6 (free), you have to swerve off, and their is only one lane!!! Must make them a fortune by people not being able to turn off in time. Nearly caught me out, and their was very little traffic.

Onlyforfun
22nd June 2005, 17:09
The only problem I found with it is that it has been built so that it is a continuation of the M6, if you want to STAY on the real M6 (free), you have to swerve off, and their is only one lane!!! Must make them a fortune by people not being able to turn off in time. Nearly caught me out, and their was very little traffic.

Well you don't expect us Capitalists to have to pay AND steer at the same time do you! And what possible reason could you have for staying on the real M6?:D

Win2Win
22nd June 2005, 17:11
It was empty & free, and I already pay to use the roads, which is taxed tax :doh

Workshy
22nd June 2005, 17:37
OFF, you have reminded of one of the good things about France, the toll roads make travelling alot easier.

rusko
22nd June 2005, 18:35
I've been on it a few times and it is great but i have seen a copper with a speed gun once.

sparkyminer
22nd June 2005, 18:43
I've been on it a few times and it is great but i have seen a copper with a speed gun once.
I thought the police couldn't do you for speeding on it, as technically, it's a private road.

rusko
22nd June 2005, 23:27
Thats what i thought but there was definately a man dressed in the bright yellow jacket and a hat(looked like a copper) with a speed gun in his hand, whether he was or his mates were actually nicking anyone i don't know, there was no police car nearby.

bigcumba
22nd June 2005, 23:59
a man dressed in the bright yellow jacket and a hat(looked like a copper) with a speed gun in his hand,

That was Vegy in his pyjamas.... and that was no speed gun in his hand :yikes:

Vic
23rd June 2005, 16:55
Spent best part of 1.5 hours parked on the M6 yesterday morning - what a pleasure it is driving in the UK. I have the same feelings as noted elsewhere about the French, but in 1.5 hours on a French motorway you can travel 120 miles without breaking the speed limit, and probably see less than 50 cars - drove back from the French Alps just over a week ago - pure driving pleasure.