PDA

View Full Version : the power of compound interest staking plan

presto
22nd June 2005, 17:12
ok - probably should be in the 'staking' area of the forum, but i thaught i would put it here for non-members views aswell.

i have been contemplating a compound interest plan for a while, but i always seem to dismiss it as a 'loss chaser' style of system. but it always seem's to stick in the back of my mind as having great possibilities.

so i put my idea of a plan into the form of an XL spreadsheet (warning, still incomplete). but my thaught's included:

>1% per bet. not day - as per day may force me to place bet's i didn't have full confidence in, and chase losses to meet my daily target.
> lower risk as i go, although this will slow down the building of the bank it will add extra security.
> no odd's on bet's - this may be flexible if i see a nice 1.80 bet. but i dont want to rely heavily on odd's on as a short priced loser will place a lot of strain on the next bet.
> high S/R - my judgment on bet's is mainly restricted to non horse racing, sport's bet's (footy mainly) so due to the lower odd's (around 2.2-2.4) i would like a high SR - i reckon a losing run of around 8 or 9, could not be dismissed, so this would have to be a consideration.

i have attached my basic plan, which incorparates reductions.
(note: it allows the change of starting bank £. but cell H32 will have to be altered when it comes to imput bet's).

i will add a few bet's now to see how the plan works out. (however i think the 1% aim per bet should be reduced to around 0.5% per bet).

presto
22nd June 2005, 17:56
having imputted a few bet's (mythical bank) i can tell straight away that the 1% aim is way too high. i will go back and give it another go.

Workshy
22nd June 2005, 18:16
Good luck with your efforts dude, bit too tired to read through it right now :D

tophatter
22nd June 2005, 18:21
Yep, keep researching away Presto. What you will find is you think you are onto something and then something else will jump out at you and you have to look again. If you have a germ of an idea that is the main thing, the hard work is kicking it around and knocking it into shape. Every rough edge you knock off makes it a more complete idea. I reckon it takes me three months minimum from the initial idea of a plan to cultivate it into something I can run with.

presto
6th July 2006, 02:45
just noticed worky is down as a 'Win2Win Racing Club Member' not a non posting member - does that mean he can post again?

have to damit i liked workshy - though i know he got banned for what must have been a good reason.

MarcusMel
6th July 2006, 02:49
Yes he is alowed to post again as long as he behaves I guess.

MarcusMel
6th July 2006, 03:09
If you remember I tried this in 'Diary of a Nobody' and a MASSIVE 20% per day. Then I hit a couple of days of intense winners and 50 quid that had become approx 1,000 vanished. Like Street Cry I was trying to use the sequence of losses between winners to make 20% and then stop for the day.(thats the difficult bit)

That is where the problem lies the clumping of winners. If you can find a way of avoiding grouped wins then there is a chance that compound interest would work, but getting ungrouped winners seems imposible.