PDA

View Full Version : Warning

Win2Win
31st July 2005, 09:05
Anyone dicovered to be signing rep with another persons username will be placed instantly on the list to have all posts moderated. It has happened more than once in the last 2 days, and shows a lack of trust and respect for fellow members.

Please check your rep later today, those concerned will have been edited with the correct senders name.

icebreaker
31st July 2005, 10:51
Holy cow, that must have taken a few hours did it? Checking every individual rep message?

I've checked mine and see that there was one with a false signature among the others. Well done to ya, and well spotted.

Win2Win
31st July 2005, 11:11
Thank the Mods, they done the hard work. They also discovered 3 suicide bombers, a turnip and an old Adam & the Ants single!!

bigcumba
31st July 2005, 11:17
and an old Adam & the Ants single!!

But it's OK now, we called in the army who did a controlled detonation of that one.....

Workshy
31st July 2005, 12:08
Who is Cedric? :doh

tophatter
31st July 2005, 13:21
Holy cow, that must have taken a few hours did it? Checking every individual rep message?

I've checked mine and see that there was one with a false signature among the others. Well done to ya, and well spotted.

Like we have said before ICEBREAKER we try and nip things in the bud by been vigiliant and getting in early, be it SPAM or people just out to stir things like this joker. Anyone who has any concerns over abusive Rep or suspicions it may be under a false name only has to say and we will confirm who it was. That is why we do not worry about the Neg rep thing because no one can get away with been abusive without been found out - signed or not signed and we will not allow it. We can't stop people disagreeing with each other and nor would we want to but we can stop people overstepping the mark and trying to stir things. Neg rep is perfectly acceptible and we dont interfere but false name signing and if it was real personal and nasty we will not allow

imp
24th August 2005, 12:27
Just joined on the recommendation of someone on another forum...

Um whats this thread about?

Whatsa rep?

Cheers IMP

mathare
24th August 2005, 12:46
Rep = reputation.

Next to your post count you have a grey blob at present Imp. That neutral colour means we don't know if you are good or evil. Display evil traits and people will use the scales of justice located just above the blob to give you negative rep meaning they disapprove of what you have posted. On the other hand, make good posts and kind souls will turn your blob green through positive rep. The more rep you get the more blobs you get.

When you approve/disapprove of a post and add to that person's rep you have the opportunity to add a comment indicating why you did or didn't like that post. It is considered good etiquette amongst many - myself included - to sign your rep comments but it is not mandatory.

Moderators have access to everyone's rep and can see who is abusing the system.

Win2Win
24th August 2005, 12:48
I've been trying to get a MOD to abuse me for months :icon_tong :butthead: :yikes:

bennyboy
24th August 2005, 13:04
I can't believe I got negged for this: http://www.win2win.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=245225#post245225

:doh
annon of course, there really are some saddos on here:laugh

sparkyminer
24th August 2005, 15:13
I can't believe I got negged for this: http://www.win2win.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=245225#post245225

:doh
annon of course, there really are some saddos on here:laugh
I don't know bennyboy, they were pretty offensive smilies. :D

GlosRFC
24th August 2005, 19:25
Giving out reputation is just our way of patting Vegy on the head in the forlorn hope he might shut up :D

Talking of which, I've now got 17 blobs this month, so I demand a recount in Vegy's poll Ooo

vegyjones
24th August 2005, 22:00
Giving out reputation is just our way of patting Vegy on the head in the forlorn hope he might shut up :D

Talking of which, I've now got 17 blobs this month, so I demand a recount in Vegy's poll Ooo
Round blobs are worth more than egg shaped blobs :D