PDA

View Full Version : betfair down

presto
3rd August 2005, 16:49
Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Betfair Website is temporarily offline.

This page will refresh every 60 seconds and will take you to the site when it comes online. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. For more information please contact the Betfair helpdesk.

site updates all the time - to ensure the site dosn't go down. but still it goes down ;fire

i don't know what bet's are being matched, and doing them on a race by race basis, could cost me. i bet a 100/1 JTS selection goes and wins now.

Jonny2621
3rd August 2005, 16:51
unfortunately it didnt go down 30 minutes ago, otherwise id have missed 2 winning lays ;fire

Onlyforfun
3rd August 2005, 16:57
Well, I went to Slowdaq and layed Itqaan ;fire

Win2Win
3rd August 2005, 17:30
I missed a winning lay :D

presto
3rd August 2005, 17:32
all the winning lays got matched ;fire
most of the losing lays went un-matched ;fire

a good job you wernt testing your bot's today keith.

Workshy
3rd August 2005, 17:41
I saved £20 in missed backs :D

presto
3rd August 2005, 19:49
Between approximately 16:39 and 17:09 we suffered a major hardware failure. The cause of this failure is being thoroughly investigated and we have already deployed extra resources to increase resilience of these systems. We are consulting with the hardware vendors regarding this matter. We would like to apologise for the disruption to our service.

These markets were affected and the following actions taken;

Racing

16:30 Newcastle: Market not turned in play - bets voided on place market after 16:37:14
16:40 Brighton: Market not turned in play - bets voided on place market after 16:40:49
16:50 Pontefract: Unmatched bets cancelled and market not offered IP
17:00 Newcastle: Unmatched bets cancelled and market not offered IP
17:10 Brighton: Unmatched bets cancelled on win and place markets

not sure about the others but the races in bold, were in-running. i may just be paranoid here but unless thousands of £££ were placed on the winner of these races @ 1.01 before the off. (which i doupt) then betfair failed to suspend the betting at the off and some punter cleaned up on the winner (while betfair was offline).