PDA

View Full Version : A Useful Staking Plan

icebreaker
4th August 2005, 11:37
edit>> Apologies ........... post deleted due to unreadable formatting.

Icebreaker.

vegyjones
4th August 2005, 12:13
If you want to post it again, I'll format it for you Ice! :wink

icebreaker
4th August 2005, 12:17
Thanks mate!!!
Here goes .............

icebreaker
4th August 2005, 12:18
I must state at the outset that this is not my invention, but the work of someone else.
It keeps your stakes at a reasonable level and boosts your profits.

THE BOOSTER STAKING PLAN.
Increase stakes by one point after each bet, but the next stake should never be more than one point larger than the last figure in the "arrears" column. After a loser, always add one point to the loss and then add this to the arrears. Following a winner, deduct one point from the profit and then deduct this from the arrears. Return to the Starting Stake when the arrears are completely cleared.

An example:
<table border=1 bordercolor=black><td width="80"><b>Horse</b></td><td width="80"><b>Stake</b></td><td width="80"><b>Result</b></td><td width="80"><b>Loss</b></td><td width="80"><b>Profit</b></td><td width="80"><b>Arrears</b></td><tr> <td>1</td><td>1</td><td>Lost</td><td align="center">1</td><td align="center">-</td><td align="center">2</td><tr><td>2</td><td>2</td><td>Lost</td><td align="center">2</td><td align="center">-</td><td align="center">5</td><tr><td>3</td><td>3</td><td>Lost</td><td align="center">3</td><td align="center">-</td><td align="center">9</td><tr><td>4</td><td>4</td><td>W 6/4</td><td align="center">-</td><td align="center">6</td><td align="center">4</td><tr><td>5</td><td>5</td><td>Lost</td><td align="center">5</td><td align="center">-</td><td align="center">10</td><tr><td>6</td><td>6</td><td>Lost</td><td align="center">6</td><td align="center">-</td><td align="center">17</td><tr><td>7</td><td>7</td><td>W 2/1</td><td align="center">-</td><td align="center">14</td><td align="center">4</td><tr><td>8</td><td>5</td><td>Lost</td><td align="center">5</td><td align="center">-</td><td align="center">10</td><tr><td>9</td><td>6</td><td>W 1/1</td><td align="center">-</td><td align="center">6</td><td align="center">5</td><tr><td>10</td><td>6</td><td>W 1/1</td><td align="center">-</td><td align="center">6</td><td align="center">0</td><tr><td>TOTALS</td><td></td><td></td><td align="center">-22</td><td align="center">+32</td><td></td></table>

The prices in the example above are very poor with only 4 winners out of ten but a profit of 10 points was shown against loss of 1/2 a point if staking to level-stakes.

icebreaker
4th August 2005, 12:41
Ahh ....... that's brilliant vegy. You're a star.
Thanks again, and have some rep.

vegyjones
4th August 2005, 12:44
There that's better :D

Profit Seeker
4th August 2005, 13:41
Looks interesting. i was trying to think up an increase stakes plan which wasn't as harsh as doubling up, but more profitable than plain stepping. This is like a stepper but instead of returning to the base bet after a winner, you're still staking more depending on the arrears. Would be interested in Keith's take on this, I'm sure he'll have heard of it..?

Roberto
4th August 2005, 14:11
I've also seen it before, under another name. I believe it came from Australia. It might be suitable if you have a _very_ high strike-rate and very consistent level-stake profits to start with. My own belief is that because it comes under the heading of "staking plans with increases after losses", it's really deceptively dangerous. The problem is that even if you have a strike-rate of 50%, you will eventually encounter a losing run of 15; and immediately after a losing run of 15, you're no more or less likely to encounter another losing run of 15 than at any other time. Scary thought? :) Let me put it this way: even if Keith were placing the bets for me, using my money and his very best system of selections, I would not want him using this staking-plan. Would you?

Win2Win
4th August 2005, 14:28
It doesn't really make mathematical sense, in that it doesn't take into account current bank value which is very important, but people use what suits them best.