PDA

View Full Version : Movie Closing Lines

GlosRFC
6th August 2005, 16:44
In a similar vein to the quiz on taglines but this time it's the closing words/captions to films. Again, most of them should be obvious (and the films are all pretty well-known and in chronological order) so NO Googling:

"She was beautiful when she died...a hundred years ago." Dracula's Daughter
"Emily, I have a little confession to make. I really am a horse doctor, but marry me and I'll never look at any other horse." A Day At The Races
"Why was I not made of stone like thee?" Hunchback of Notre Dame
"Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." Casablanca
"That's right, that's right. Attaboy, Clarence." It's A Wonderful Life
"What do you want, a happy ending?" The Paleface
"All right, Mr. De Mille, I'm ready for my close-up." Sunset Boulevard
"I now pronounce you men and wives." Seven Brides For Seven Brothers
"Look, you fools. You're in danger. Can't you see? They're after you. They're after all of us. Our wives, our children, everyone. They're here already. YOU'RE NEXT!" Invasion Of The Bodysnatchers
"Madness. Madness." The Bridge On The River Kwai
"Well, nobody’s perfect." Some Like It Hot
"I'm not even gonna swat that fly. I hope they are watching. They'll see. They'll see and they'll know and they'll say, 'Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly.'" Psycho
"Do you know what you are? You're all stinkin' sons of...!" The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
"You finally really did it. You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!" Planet Of The Apes
"Good. For a moment there, I thought we were in trouble." Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid
"I used to hate the water." - "I can't imagine why." Jaws
"The horror. The horror." Apocalypse Now
"You okay, Jim? How do you feel?" - "Young. I feel young." Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
"Kevin, what did you do to my room?" Home Alone
"NO DINOSAURS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS MOTION PICTURE" The Flintstones (1pt docked for anyone who thought it was Jurassic Park)

bigcumba
6th August 2005, 17:02
1 - Dracula's Daughter
2 - A Day AT The Races
3 - Hunchback Of Notre Dame
4 - Casablanca

6 - The Paleface
7 - Sunset Boulevard
8 - 7 Brides for 7 Brothers
9 - Invasion Of The Bodysnatchers
10 - The Bridge On The River Kwai
11 - Some Like It Hot

13 - The Good The Bad and The Ugly
14 - Planet Of The Apes

17 - Apocalypse Now
18 - Star Trek 2 - Wrath of Khan
19 - Home ALone
20 - I think this is The Flintstones?

GlosRFC
6th August 2005, 17:04
Ha! I should've waited for you to go boozing after all!

bigcumba
6th August 2005, 17:08
Sorry mate, you keep picking my favourite movies!:) I think I've got all those on video / DVD apart from 7 Brides, The Paleface and Sunset Boulevard - and those I've either seen often enough, or know them well from reading my many film books.

GlosRFC
6th August 2005, 17:10
Not to worry, still four left even if they are ridiculously easy seeing as how they're all very famous films :D

GlosRFC
6th August 2005, 17:21
In fact, I'd go so far as to suggest that the four left are probably the more well-known of the bunch (and possibly the more obvious closing lines too) but....

....if you need clues?

bigcumba
6th August 2005, 17:22
erm.... I think I actually know them, but thought I'd leave a handful for someone else.... should I go for the 100% score? Ah what the hell

the missing ones are

It's A Wonderful Life
Psycho
Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid
Jaws

I'll stay away from the movie quizzes now :wink

GlosRFC
6th August 2005, 17:25
Damn!

Okay, well done though. I'll have a go at quotes a bit later - that might slow you down some :D

bigcumba
6th August 2005, 17:29
Damn!

Okay, well done though. I'll have a go at quotes a bit later - that might slow you down some :D

I'll have a look at them when I get home - should be more difficult after a beer or ten :)