PDA

View Full Version : Rodrigo y Gabriela

John
14th August 2005, 01:28
For any Spanish guitar/flemenco/classical guitar fans out there - buy their album. :)

Unlikely you will have heard of them unless you watched the Glastonbury highlights that are on now (a repeat of the highlights from June) or, in fact, you were at Glastonbury yourself.

Some truely unbelieveable acoustic spanish guitar playing, even if you're not particularly interested, the talent is amazing.

Win2Win
14th August 2005, 08:38
Thought this was something to do with Tennis :doh

John
14th August 2005, 17:14
Why?

Win2Win
14th August 2005, 17:15
Sabatini.....!!!!

MattR
1st November 2005, 23:47
John, do you have any online links for these? Going to do a search now but wondered if you had any.

John
2nd November 2005, 00:32
Hi Matt,

I'm glad to have found someone who is taking an interest in this amazing duo!

The only online link of any use I've found is their homepage: http://www.rodgab.com (http://www.rodgab.com/). Nice site, with links to all of the usual things you would tend to find on a music site - news, discography, etc, including a large page of reviews. Check out the Music page, you can listen to one or two (literally) of their songs, both good quality sound-wise and well worth listening to.

Hope this helps. :)

Fadetoblack
2nd November 2005, 01:34
I've seen these two live twice so far....genius....they do some quality metallica covers too...

bigcumba
2nd November 2005, 10:16
I like that sort of guitar music... got a few classical / Spanish albums from John Williams to the Gypsy Kings and a few others...

MattR
2nd November 2005, 10:55
Thanks John. Just listened to the freebies on that site. Very impressed. Love where it blends from Metallica to Take5 not something you'd expect! I think I might have to buy this!

John
2nd November 2005, 20:47
Twice!! You lucky boy Daz, I'd love to go see them.

They're just awesome. The set they played on Glastonbury went into Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes, all flemenco stylee, it's just so good to listen to.

Glad you liked them Matt. :D

bigcumba
2nd November 2005, 21:25
Got the freebies as well John, very good - will keep an eye out for any more posted on the newsgroups :)

John
10th April 2006, 22:22
Just to bring these up again...

They're just incredible. I really do encourage anyone who's in two minds whether or not to check them out because they are simply breathtaking. Listening to the mp3's is one thing, but watching some of the live videos just sums up what a truely superb duo they are...

I wish I could play guitar like that.

John
4th March 2009, 13:11
I'm back on the Rod-Gab bandwagon again... and I still can't get enough!

Link to loads of videos here:

http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?hl=en&q=rodrigo+y+gabriela&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=zW-uSdHTFo6c-gbBz6nMBg&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title#

John
2nd July 2009, 16:36
I am going to see them AT LAST! Just bought tickets! :D :D :D

John
2nd September 2009, 14:33
I am going to see them AT LAST! Just bought tickets! :D :D :D

Tonight's the night. Can't wait for the working day to be over. I've wanted to see these guys for about 5 years... :wiggle:

Their new album's out next week too.

John
3rd September 2009, 00:09
Talking to myself but I don't care. :laugh

The gig was AMAZING. One of my best, without a doubt. Sensational. They're just immaculate, and got really involved with the crowd. It's been a pretty memorable occasion for me tonight and I can't stop smiling! :D