PDA

View Full Version : FAO - Merlin - Stats for system

MarcusMel
31st August 2005, 19:05
RP cards as opposed to upto-date data

If you look at the following screen capture you will notice that the online html Card for tomorrow has Bathwick Emma as Having run 10 days ago where we know that she ran on the 30th Aug from the horse form page.

My data comes from the Html Card. So when I am looking for ran within 30days and was a winner last time out the Race card is NOT completely up to date.

So the question is Merl should I still be using the my stored data to try and get some sort of selection/results for you.

Profit Seeker
31st August 2005, 20:30
Racing Post have turned to ::swear::swear::swear::swear lately! They don't include form for horses that have raced in the last few weeks in some cases!!

Merlin
31st August 2005, 21:13
If its not to much trouble MM....it may give some indication of likely success.....even if its for laying......:yikes:

Although as its not going to be accurate......if its gonna take you more than 15 mins , dont bother..............Thanks MM..........

MarcusMel
1st September 2005, 04:39
Initial Results show SR of 16% with Average Odds of 4-1

Attached is compressed Spreadsheet of the query I did. The parameters were RP form ended in a 1(won last race) last run within 30 days, has D on card (Distance winner)

Unable to do Class or same jocky check. That would require will require some programming. Especially as I have not figured out how to extract class info from the race title. Maybe you can see more in the results than me.

Merlin
1st September 2005, 07:21
Muito Obrigado MM...........Great help......

tovarich
1st September 2005, 09:16
On the subject of stats, has anybody looked into the winning/losing record of favourites who were previous C/D winners!( Seperating Odds On from Odds Against,:D Handicaps from Non-handicaps, Etc:D ):) time permitting - of course. :yikes:

MarcusMel
1st September 2005, 11:55
There is a difference between (Course OR Distance) and (Course AND Distance) winners Which of these were you interested in? Tov.

The query you are asking for should be easy for the RSB software to handle and probably more accurately than my little accumulation

Still I will do some improvements to my software and see what turns up.