PDA

View Full Version : Laying Question

wb
18th September 2005, 00:02
Up until now, I have been lucky enough to spend the a lot of time at the computer and lay each selection close to the racetime keeping an eye on the markets. Tomorrow, I have plans to spend the day out (with my wife - so im sure it wont involve racing :( ) and will have to do all the lays in one go.

Again, I have more questions for you :)

1. when laying in one go, how do i know what price to set? should i go with whats being offered early on betfair, or should i check oddschecker and offer at the average bookie price or slightly lower to get them matched?

2. when you lay in one go, on average, do many of them get unmatched??

I also just want to thank everyone on the forum for all the help over the past few days since i started laying. Im learning a lot from you all and I really appreciate it.

thanks

podtog
18th September 2005, 00:46
Have a look upstairs W, at Keiths advice in the Golden thread about consistency, should help you out.

Profit Seeker
18th September 2005, 09:05
Personally I get an instant match at what is available there and then (in the lay box (red)..) BUT...if there's any gap more than a point between back and lay on offer, say 4.5 in the blue and 5.2 in the red, I leave an offer for the next one up from the blue box, so that would be 4.6, and 95% of the time it is matched. Though I did that yesterday for Law Maker in the last and it didn't get matched, then it drifted miles, but near the off it came in especially to match me then buggered off back out again :laugh very kind of it :D

Win2Win
18th September 2005, 09:10
1. Your a newbie, just get matched, don't try and be clever, it'll cost you.

2. It all 'averages' out, as long as your 'consistent'

3. Ask these questions in the members area, others your giving paid for info away free :D

wb
18th September 2005, 09:28
Ask these questions in the members area, others your giving paid for info away free :D

Sorry Boss! :)

Win2Win
18th September 2005, 09:28
How come everyone is up so early on a Sunday morning......a lot of bed wetting going on :)

Profit Seeker
18th September 2005, 09:38
Had to take 'er indoors to work. Might play some poker, have to be a freeroll though, haven't got patience for proper playing lately!