PDA

View Full Version : Podtog

Win2Win
18th September 2005, 09:20
You naughty boy.....I've had to take then email off your profile......you have spam control on, and you've subscribed to some threads......my mailbox has been getting a 100+ failed messages for the last week!! Ooo :whip :splapme :)

podtog
18th September 2005, 10:22
:doh
Not sure what you mean Keith, Ive never subscribed to any threads or used E-mail on my profile, infact I use E-mail maybe a few times a year and thats the one thats got nothing to do with this site, its also probably at least a couple of months since Ive PM,d anybody so dont know what it could be????

podtog
18th September 2005, 10:25
Just had a quick look and last PM was in May.

TheOldhamWhisper
18th September 2005, 12:25
In your profile, there is an option to recieve email notifications to any thread you post on. If your email provider considers automated replies as 'spam', they are bounced back - I think this is causing the problem as described by Keith.

MarcusMel
18th September 2005, 12:42
In the quick reply box first click on the Go Advanced button.

Below the box where you type your message and below 'Attach Files' you will see a box called 'Thread Subscription'.

Click on the drop down box and choose the option of 'Do not subscribe' this will turn off the automated email notification letting you know that someone has added a further comment to the post you started or commented on.

MarcusMel
18th September 2005, 12:52
I have started changing this option in your more recient posts as the option is attached to the post. The setting in your profile is the default option it uses for all new posts.

podtog
18th September 2005, 14:08
So what your saying is its not something I have clicked on but something that the software has already done without me knowing, It must be because I havent done anything differently to what I have always done. Now im talking to myself too.

MarcusMel
18th September 2005, 14:21
You would have known it if you did not bounce the emails

podtog
18th September 2005, 15:34
:geek Confused to say the least, like I say Ive done nothing differently to what Ive done in the 2 years Of being a member of this site, Amen. :rolleyes:

MarcusMel
18th September 2005, 15:44
Click on user CP

On the left hand side you will see control Panel

Click on Edit Options

In the section titled Messagin & notification there is a paragraph marked
Default 'Thread Subscription Mode '
there is a drop down box.

Change from 'instant mail notifaction' to 'do not subscribe'

Go to the bottom of the web page and save the changes.

Bugger - missed getting my bet on Nanton typing this out!

MarcusMel
18th September 2005, 18:25
podtog could you please follow the above instructions and change your

Default 'Thread Subscription Mode '

Please:

It is still showing as instant messaging in your profile.

Win2Win
18th September 2005, 20:46
Sometimes people click the Subscribe link by mistake. Once the thread goes quiet it'll stop.

podtog
19th September 2005, 04:10
Should be Ok now.

MarcusMel
19th September 2005, 10:11
Try again,

your profile still says send instant message unless you have removed the spam filter your end?

podtog
19th September 2005, 10:42
Hows that? Think Ive got it right now.

vegyjones
19th September 2005, 10:43
Podtog!

You have it wrong!

Chose to have e-mail notifications and then
subscribe to as many threads as you can! :laugh

podtog
19th September 2005, 10:51
Ok ok I,ll change it back Vegy :D

MarcusMel
19th September 2005, 11:50
;fire - Thanks I sure Keith will be happier now!

vegyjones
19th September 2005, 11:52
;fire - Thanks I sure Keith will be happier now!
Keith likes e-mails...

I subscibe him to all the junk mail I get! :laugh

Win2Win
19th September 2005, 20:04
....and Mrs Vegy will be so pleased when the postman delivers all that mail from Gay Weekly with Vegy's name on it :D

vegyjones
19th September 2005, 21:10
Ooo

bigcumba
19th September 2005, 21:14
....and Mrs Vegy will be so pleased when the postman delivers all that mail from Gay Weekly with Vegy's name on it :D

She'll be even more surprised to find his picture in the 'readers.... erm... wives' section... :yikes: