the best summer berries cheesecake.

its OOOORRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGAAAAAAASSSMMMMIC

OH YES! YES! YES! OH BABY!

Win2Win
29th September 2005, 19:48
It's not Summer....isn't it a bit off??

markwales
29th September 2005, 21:22
So can we take from that statement that you HAVE tried ALL other supermarkets varieties of Summer Berry Cheesecake?

Also, is it the standard cheesecake, the cheap one, or the upmarket one? Need to know what we're actually comparing it against?

One more...Frozen of Fresh?

peza2605
29th September 2005, 21:43
fresh £3.49 and its sex in a box, my god i sound like a woman!!!!

eastyorkshireracing
30th September 2005, 22:27
.....its sex in a box, my god i sound like a woman!!!!
You get your women in a box :doh

Going to Morrison's at Bridlington in the morning, shall look out for one of those :laugh

Gordon

tophatter
30th September 2005, 22:44
You get your women in a box :dohGordon

You need a foot pump to blow them up though gordon!

markwales
30th September 2005, 22:56
Why people choose to pay more than they need to for their weekly shopping amazes me sometimes :geek:

I visit all the supermarkets within my current job role, and by far the worst in all categories (not just price) is Mr Morrison....and yet people STILL go there!!

Amazing.

tophatter
30th September 2005, 23:00
Who are Morrissons anyway? Are they what used to be sommerfied?

The only time I go to the Supermarket is to get a breakfast in Tesco's.

markwales
30th September 2005, 23:01
Good man TH :D:D:D

markwales
30th September 2005, 23:03
Morrison's have been around for donkeys years, Sir Ken Morisson being the owner who decided to take over Safeway and turn them into Morissons shops...BIG BIG BIG mistake....
No clear planning done, no thought for the future, and a big FUPP UP :D

I won't go on to mention other companies that did it the correct way, but needless to say Sir Ken doesn't get £1 in every £7.80 spent in Britains shops through his tills :D

Onlyforfun
30th September 2005, 23:05
I would visit your gaff Mark if it wasn't so bloomin' busy. Toss up between waiting ages in queues at ***** or going to the orange one, being in and out in 1/2 an hour, but minus some vitals. Victim of your own success in this neck of the woods.

Its either that or Waitrose which must be worse price wise than Morrisons - purveyor of Morinovsky Vodka, and McMorrison Whisky. Was in one for the first time in Scotland and they had courgettes labelled as "exotic"! Depends what you do with them I suppose Ooo

markwales
30th September 2005, 23:07
Hmmm interesting that you mention queues as our #1 customer promise is 'One In Front'.

Would be interested to hear which branch/town this is....VERY interested!!!

Onlyforfun
30th September 2005, 23:17
Hmmm interesting that you mention queues as our #1 customer promise is 'One In Front'.

Would be interested to hear which branch/town this is....VERY interested!!!

Elmers End near Beckenham. Its not that they don't have enough staff on, they just don't have enough check-outs! They are all open and its still mobbed. The local Sainsburys is like shopping in the 3rd world sometimes and you have to pay for parking so its no wonder your mob are so popular. Not to mention you can actually buy stuff with sell-by dates more than 2 days hence.

markwales
30th September 2005, 23:18
Consider it noted :D

Merlin
30th September 2005, 23:23
I rememeber a PE teacher of mine (in secondary school)....got done for nicking a chicken at Tescos.....:yikes:...........was off work for about 9 months(apparently stress)....but returned.to many, many, tesco chicken jokes....etc.......

Come to think of it , would he not be fired if that happened today.......he got a fine and a conviction, but kept his job......:yikes:

markwales
30th September 2005, 23:25
He'd be stuffed with Paxo and roasted if it was done these days Merl!!! :D

Merlin
30th September 2005, 23:31
Well done to Tesco Mark - they know their business....thats for sure......I aint that old...but I rememeber when it was VERY UNFASHIONABLE to shop in Tesco......

The days when they used to sell bags of broken biscuits.....doubt they do that line anymore :laugh

Fadetoblack
1st October 2005, 00:08
They've done great things for the price of petrol in Ireland too.

vegyjones
1st October 2005, 00:24
Morrisons took over my local safeways!

Now they've decided it doesn't meet their image so are selling it on...
rumours are that it will be a property development company! :mad:

Yeah Thanks Mr Morrison!

It's a shame, because although we do most of our shopping in Tesco's
There are some things in Safeways that are good value!

They do 3 fizzy drinks for 99p!

They are own brand and Mark, they taste much better than Tescos' :D

Win2Win
1st October 2005, 09:06
Our local supermarket (3 miles away!!) was Safeway, and ws hardly anyone in there, now it's Morrisons you can just about find a place in the car park.

I use all the supermarkets at some point, and Morrisons always end up the cheapest for what we buy, as they have the best quality fish & fruit, just ask a Filipino! All the nurses use it because of this. Asda fish is about a week old and is smelling by the time you buy it, Tesco has fresh fish, but very little selection, Sainsbury's is not far off Asda....Somerfield :laugh....say no more....

The meat in Asda is seldom fresh, Sainsburys is very expensive, Tesco & Morrisons always have the freshest.

The fresh bread in Sainsburys is the best though, worst is Asda.

Petrol cheapest in Tesco in a 30 mile radius, but it is 20 miles away, so saving 1p a litre actually costs me more :doh

It is not always the price Mark, it's the quality.

nick_sufc
3rd October 2005, 09:55
I Work At asda and the only fish that is off is customers lol the only problem i have found with morrisons is that most off there fresh product like bread cakes and things like that goes out off date the day after you buy my mum will shop there because she says asda is far to busy for her

Win2Win
3rd October 2005, 10:18
So why do Asda sell fish with sunken eyes, dark skin, Tuna is supposed to be bright pink, not brown as they sell it :) Fish has to be sold & eaten within 48hrs of being caught, we see plenty of fish in Asda that is days old.

Fish should have sparkling rounded eyes, and a bright shiny coat. What Asda sell, I wouldn't want to even use as bait!

nick_sufc
3rd October 2005, 11:07
LOL You are going to the wrong asda not sure about fish as i dont deal with fish not my type of job

mathare
3rd October 2005, 11:09
Our local Asda (Kingston) is like Mos Eisley - it's a hive of scum and villainy!

The local Tesco is massive but not that easy to use without a car so we either brave the plebs at Asda or go to Sainsbury's if we are in town. Else the missus goes home via Waitrose which is just opposite her office but is bloody expensive.

nick_sufc
3rd October 2005, 11:19
I think the only good thing about asda is they price match the diffrence on any product and the good side of the one i work at is its an asda superstore the second biggest when i use the asda in doncaster it is so small and you are banging into people all the time i like a lot of space when shopping