PDA

View Full Version : Acronyms Exlplained & strategy.

seamo44
4th October 2005, 19:38
I would like it simply explained how I would work out the states on these bets please:
11 bets of which 4 won.
11bets @ £1 per bet (win single) = £11 staked.
£17.5 return.

I know LS= Level Stake. I know that ROI = Return on Investment. Is there some kind of standard for explaining things or is the above good enough?

My other request for info is this; I work out the horses I would like to back the night before & place my bets around 7am. I have no access to a bookmaker between 10.30am until around 6.30pm during the day. Can anyone tell me of a better staking plan other than LS, or a strategy to suit this system? Ta.

sportingprofit
4th October 2005, 19:58
Not sure what you really want here, not sure what states means, but...

You made:
Profit 6.5pts (Returned minus Staked)
ROI = 59% (Profit divided by No. of Bets)
SR = 36.4% (Wins divided by No. of Bets)

There is not really enough bets to decide on a staking plan, you need in the region of at least 100, probably 500 bets before deciding.

% of bank is probably one of the best staking plans, but on a system with a SR like yours you really only want to be staking 3% MAX (if starting bank £100 thats £3 per bet to start, recalculated at the start of each day).

sportingprofit
4th October 2005, 20:01
With regards to abbreviations:

LS = Level Stakes
ROI = Return on Investment
SR = Strike Rate
RP = Racing Post
SP = Starting Price
f/c = Forecast Price
EP = Early Prices

Can't think of anymore off the top of my head.

sportingprofit
4th October 2005, 20:03
LTO = Last Time Out
NTO = Next Time Out
IMO = In My Opinion

seamo44
4th October 2005, 20:04
Sorry, that should be stat's, not states. Thanks for that info.
100 bets?!? yoikes! I can't count that far! :doh

seamo44
7th October 2005, 21:03
Not sure what you really want here, not sure what states means, but...

You made:
Profit 6.5pts (Returned minus Staked)
ROI = 59% (Profit divided by No. of Bets)
SR = 36.4% (Wins divided by No. of Bets)

There is not really enough bets to decide on a staking plan, you need in the region of at least 100, probably 500 bets before deciding.

% of bank is probably one of the best staking plans, but on a system with a SR like yours you really only want to be staking 3% MAX (if starting bank £100 thats £3 per bet to start, recalculated at the start of each day).

OK, that's good advice. I have been following the % of bank strategy. I started with £34. This has grown to £54 in 4 days, including one day losing! I have been posting my selections in Fun Bets, but I will move them to System Qualifiers.