PDA

View Full Version : alexei sayle's stuff

tophatter
9th October 2005, 00:49
Bought this DVD yesterday and have watched it twice already! It may be 17 years old but I think its actually better now than when it was first aired although that could be because now im older im more cynical and bitter now like the great man himself. A lovely mix of surreal humour and good old fashioned scouse humour.

MarcusMel
9th October 2005, 00:54
Is ths a piggy I see before me or Doc Martin Boots?

tophatter
9th October 2005, 01:02
Hello john got a new motor?

Littlegaz
9th October 2005, 12:49
How ya diddlin?

tophatter
9th October 2005, 16:08
How ya diddlin?

:laugh :laugh :laugh

That character was great, although that was in his later series I think - that may have been the all new Alexei Sayle show which had "steamboat Alexei" as the opening title and the great tune "who's an ugly :censored: and as fat as he can be? A. L. E.X.E.I.S.A.Y.L.E."

This DVD is his very early stuff and has great songs like "play that funky music Jewish boy" (get down and boogie and play that funky music for your mother) and "word association"

Interesting to see a young Angus Deayton and Mark Williams (Fast show) in some of the sketches and also that David Renwick (one foot in the grave) wrote it along with Alexei.

He was an alternative comic, but was not one of those right-on types.

Roberto
9th October 2005, 19:22
Have never seen the DVD at all ... sounds interesting.
He's written an excellent and much underrated book of short stories called "Barcelona Plates" a couple of which are really sensationally good. And one or two other books as well, I think (?).

bigcumba
9th October 2005, 19:23
Hello john got a new motor?

I keep tropical fish...

mathare
9th October 2005, 19:32
I keep tropical fish......in my underpants

bigcumba
9th October 2005, 19:40
Absolute classic song and video! Somewhere in among my videos I have a copy of that one... just downloaded the song as well :)

radders
10th October 2005, 07:03
Have never seen the DVD at all ... sounds interesting.
He's written an excellent and much underrated book of short stories called "Barcelona Plates" a couple of which are really sensationally good. And one or two other books as well, I think (?).

Agreed re Barcelona Plates .... read it a few years ago .... some weird stuff in that mans head!

tophatter
10th October 2005, 15:23
Will have to read some of his stuff I think.

Was thinking back last night racking my brains of the name ofthat "how ya diddling" spoof scouse warm up man.

It was Bobby Chariot! :)

I dont know why they dont repeat some of those odd shows on TV. Another I would like to see is the Goodies - I was too young to appreciate the humour fully when it was first showed, but the slapstick and visual humour was brilliant.

Littlegaz
10th October 2005, 17:18
It was Bobby Chariot! :)
That's it! I couldn't remember it either. Bobby Chariot, the depressed comedian.

"How ya diddlin?......Oh sod ya then.
Me wife's left me and I'm sleeping in the car. I'm on tablets for me nerves."

Classic :D

tophatter
10th October 2005, 17:25
If time and space are relative how come neither came to my birthday party? :doh :laugh

or

People used to named after what they used to do for a living,

Carter was someone who made carts, cooper was someone who made Barrells and Thatcher was someone who made people Sick! :laugh