PDA

View Full Version : More 4

tophatter
10th October 2005, 23:04
New digital channel from channel 4.

There is a satire on David Blunkett tonight at 10.30pm which should be good.

tophatter
10th October 2005, 23:07
I missed it! It was on at 9.00.

Its repeated again later on, so will watch it then

icebreaker
11th October 2005, 00:36
I was looking forward to this channel but disappointingly it is ::swear encrypted! So a valid Sky sub card is needed. Now, what I would like to know from UK based member is if More4 is Free To Air (unencrypted with a Freeview card?)

For any Irish members if you cannot get it on the Irish EPG, the Astra settings are as follows:
Frequency ........... 10.729
Polarisation ......... V
Symbol Rate ....... 22.000
FEC .................. 5/6

icebreaker
11th October 2005, 00:49
I've jus6t checked, and it IS now on the Irish EPG at channel 165. But it is encrypted and is not FTA or FTV on satellite so you do need an up-to-date Sky subscription.

If anyone UK based can tell me if it is on Freeview with a UK Freeview card I would be very grateful.

Ta.

phil_999
11th October 2005, 01:32
It is free on freeview (no card or top up tv required) channel 13.

tophatter
11th October 2005, 01:34
I aint sure about the freeview thing Ice. Maybe someone can answer that tomorrow.

As for the spoof itself - I have to say I think it is very cruel. I find it uncomfortable watching Bernard Hill, who I have always admired, playing the part of Blunkett - as it looks like he is taking the mick out of a blindman rather than a politician in his physical portrail. But if you become a politician and then put yourself in the position Blunkett did then you have to expect to take the flak.

icebreaker
11th October 2005, 01:39
Okay, thanks for that Phil (and TH). Meh will consider buying a UK Freeview card/box.

phil_999
11th October 2005, 01:45
Totally agree with TH on the spoof uncomfortable to watch but strangely compelling, the head and eye movements are disturbing but Robert Lindsay plays a good Tony Blair.