PDA

View Full Version : TomTom Go

markwales
22nd October 2005, 13:35
Bought a TomTom Go 300 Sat Nav system last week...... Well worth the cash if you consistently get lost whilst travelling on the roads, or have a missus that couldn't find her way to the end of the garden and back (Im in the latter category :D)

Not cheap at £349 for the 300 model, rising to £579ish for the 700 model, but a good investment if you travel a lot and can't be bothered with reading a map, or trying to decipher the AA or RAC online directions.

bigcumba
22nd October 2005, 13:59
We had the NavMan sat nav system in the car when we went to Germany in the summer - very useful - I doubt we'd have been able to get around as much without it. It did occasionally lose the satellite signal - notably just outside Brussels on or way over, and we ended up on some sort of inner ring road, complete with tunnels every few hundred yards.... bloody useful when you need a satellilte signal! Apart from that it was very good, and highly recommended as Mark says if you get lost, or do a lot of travelling.

Sandman
22nd October 2005, 15:22
I bought a TomTomGo 300 about 2 months ago.. and its great.
On Keiths advice I also download the Speed Camera DB each month.
I travel a lot in my job, and have found it a great time saving toy. I recently got 29 voices for it.. but haven't had a chance to try them yet.

markwales
22nd October 2005, 16:14
Hi Sandman.... what's the URL for the Speed Camera DB? Are you using the official TomTOm download or a dodgy one? :D I've found a free one, just wondered how good it was.

Sandman
22nd October 2005, 16:23
Mark,

There is a link here: http://www.easydevices.co.uk/sp/searchbox13/main.asp?sitepages=Downloads

I notice that the site is down right now, but it is generally available. It is not an official TomTom product.. but I wouldn't call it dodgy either. i have it warning me withihn 300 yds of a camera on my route. Has saved me once or twice already!

It also highlights likely mobile camera spots. I have not so far passed one that is actually in use, but in my local area it highlights all the correct spots... so I have no reason to doubt it. It is updated each month.

Win2Win
22nd October 2005, 20:01
You'll find that the cameras they use at roadworks, take a few months to come off the database, as they rely on multiple verifications.