PDA

View Full Version : Quiz Help

Fadetoblack
27th October 2005, 18:53
My girlfriend is having a work night out tomorrow night and they've asked me to be the quizmaster (last time I just did out the quiz for them...tomorrow I have to set it too)...anyway, I want to throw in some cool/clever questions so if anyone can be of assistance, I'd appreciate it.

I'll be searching through Ada's quizzes of course, that's a given....but some people might have a favourite brain teaser or something like that.

Thanks...

icebreaker
27th October 2005, 19:16
Will you be using a spread of topic headings in the quiz questions? Sport, Politics, Current Affairs, etc?

Fadetoblack
27th October 2005, 19:23
Yep...Got three rounds done so far...Sport, Pop Culture and things they really should know (stuff about Cashel and Johnston and Johnston where they all work) need 7 more now...

Fadetoblack
27th October 2005, 19:24
Oh and Icey...I'll be done in Cork this saturday (where the girly is originally from), where's the best place to watch the Breeders Cup?

icebreaker
27th October 2005, 19:33
An oul fella's pub that has Sky I would think.

But , big BUT, this is Jazz Festival weekend .............. there'll be no pub with a TV turned on dude. This weekend all you will get anywhere will be the live music and drunken slatternly young women looking for a quick shag.

GlosRFC
27th October 2005, 19:36
Here's one for you

1. How many seeds in a pomegranate? A. 613

Fadetoblack
27th October 2005, 19:39
613!!!

lowe1
27th October 2005, 19:40
there's a pub on the wilton road going out of cork (about5 mins max) on the left hand side might have it on last time i went had a nice steak as well can't remember what its called

tony

Fadetoblack
27th October 2005, 19:41
An oul fella's pub that has Sky I would think.

But , big BUT, this is Jazz Festival weekend .............. there'll be no pub with a TV turned on dude. This weekend all you will get anywhere will be the live music and drunken slatternly young women looking for a quick shag.

She lives in Carrigaline so probably best to stay there

chancer
27th October 2005, 19:52
A favourite of mine was the crossword clue ' HIJKLMNO' The answer is a 5 letter word

Fadetoblack
27th October 2005, 19:54
hmmmm....I like it.....water right?

chancer
27th October 2005, 20:05
Very Good :wink

GlosRFC
27th October 2005, 20:17
Sent you some example quizzes - hope they help

TheGoodGuy
27th October 2005, 21:48
FTB
I found that throwing in some tricky 'name the product from the advert slogan' questions always went down well in the pub quiizzes I used to stage.
If you're interested and haven't found any in my previous threads, let me know ASAP and I'll get some to you.

Ada.

wb
27th October 2005, 21:59
a few wanderly wagon ones always go down well, like name the dog, the witch etc

markwales
27th October 2005, 22:06
FTB
I found that throwing in some tricky 'name the product from the advert slogan' questions always went down well in the pub quiizzes I used to stage.
If you're interested and haven't found any in my previous threads, let me know ASAP and I'll get some to you.

Ada.

That's wierd...I actually wrote an advertising slogan quiz last night for work colleagues :yikes:

Only the best at the captains table.........:D

andyp
27th October 2005, 22:18
FTB- the last pub quiz i went they threw in the following trick question......

Q. Which sport has the most deaths per year? (most people thought the answer would be something like mountain-climbing... how wrong they where)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>