PDA

View Full Version : The prodigy

wb
2nd November 2005, 23:25
Just got 'The Prodigy - Their Law: The Singles 1990-2005 '

Brilliant!!

Reminds me of before I was married with a kid and responsible!!

:wiggle: :wiggle: Ah yes, them days were great!!

John
2nd November 2005, 23:28
So now you're without a kid and irresponsible? :doh :D

Prodigy, love them.

wb
2nd November 2005, 23:39
So now you're without a kid and irresponsible? :doh :D

Prodigy, love them.

sorry, john, that was really bad english. :D let me rephrase;

I am now married and am responsible for my wife and child both emotionally and financially.

the prodigy remind me of when, exhilarated by my youth, I would GO OUT AND DANCE LIKE A MAD THING!!! :D :D :D

John
2nd November 2005, 23:53
No worries mate :)

Yeah, to be honest I don't really know a lot of their material, their singles such as Firestarter, Diesel Power etc are the ones I know best. Definitely intend to check out what else they've done, and I bet they'd be an amazing band to see live.

wb
2nd November 2005, 23:57

Yeah, to be honest I don't really know a lot of their material, their singles such as Firestarter, Diesel Power etc are the ones I know best. Definitely intend to check out what else they've done, and I bet they'd be an amazing band to see live.

yeah, i heard they are brialliant live. they are playing in Dublin this month... may just go along :)

mathare
2nd November 2005, 23:59

Yeah, to be honest I don't really know a lot of their material, their singles such as Firestarter, Diesel Power etc are the ones I know best. Definitely intend to check out what else they've done, and I bet they'd be an amazing band to see live.They started off as a very 90s dance band. The stuff you're most used to is when they got a lot rockier

presto
3rd November 2005, 00:24
the prodigy are the first band i got into, and 'the prodigy experience' was the first album i ever bought.

i have to admit i much prefer there early stuff 'out of space', 'no good', 'charlie' etc. to the rockier stuff they have now.

in fact i am going to put the album on - been ages since i last listened.

Fadetoblack
3rd November 2005, 00:25
Anybody remember "The Prodigy"

As in, the dance?

wb
3rd November 2005, 01:11
Anybody remember "The Prodigy"

As in, the dance?

Ha Ha, yeah, I do! shuffling your feet all over the gaff, in a pair of X works jeans :D :D

Jaysus, I must have looked like a muppet :)

:wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle:

Fadetoblack
3rd November 2005, 01:13
I assure you, you did. (x works...oh the memories...of course I never wore them...or naff jackets or air force runners)

presto
3rd November 2005, 01:17
I assure you, you did. (x works...oh the memories...of course I never wore them...or naff jackets or air force runners)

instead he wore:

dungarees with yellow smiley :) t-shirt whilst sucking a dummy

Fadetoblack
3rd November 2005, 01:18
E's A Good.......e's A Good.....

presto
3rd November 2005, 01:21
E's A Good.......e's A Good.....

he's ebenezer good.

Fadetoblack
3rd November 2005, 01:23
Name this classic 90's dance tune......

FIVE....SIX.....SEVEN.....EIGHT....NINEEEEEE.....

:D

wb
3rd November 2005, 01:31
Name this classic 90's dance tune......

FIVE....SIX.....SEVEN.....EIGHT....NINEEEEEE.....

:D

the launch? DJ jean?

presto
3rd November 2005, 01:31
:headbange racking my brain - but going to have to pass

Fadetoblack
3rd November 2005, 01:32
Sesame Street....:laugh

presto
3rd November 2005, 01:34
another topical song - what starts with:

ONE......TWO......THREE.....FOUR :D

presto
3rd November 2005, 01:35
Sesame Street....:laugh

i have that one aswell :(
now where's that 'trumpton' remix :spinning

wb
3rd November 2005, 01:36

was it a scooter one???

presto
3rd November 2005, 01:41
no,

music reach 1/2/3/4 - by the prodigy :D

Onlyforfun
3rd November 2005, 10:23
I am now married and am responsible for my wife and child both emotionally and financially.

the prodigy remind me of when, exhilarated by my youth, I would GO OUT AND DANCE LIKE A MAD THING!!! :D :D :D

Snap!

May have to buy the album to annoy said wife in the car :laugh

bigcumba
3rd November 2005, 11:00

Actually it's all of the Ramones songs live!

Fadetoblack
3rd November 2005, 11:39
I listened to my best of Ramones album recently, all 56 songs of it....and it struck me....They're all the exact same.

presto
3rd November 2005, 11:46
hay.....ho......let's go :)

bigcumba
3rd November 2005, 12:02
I listened to my best of Ramones album recently, all 56 songs of it....and it struck me....They're all the exact same.

They were the punk Beach Boys.... and they were brilliant fun live.... after Motorhead did the R.A.M.O.N.E.S tribute track on one of their albums, and live, the Ramones started doing a Motorhead track as a nod back... sadly only one of the original Ramones still with us these days, so Lemmy dedicates the track to Joey, Johnny and Dee Dee... and Sheena is still a punk rocker.... :)

Fadetoblack
3rd November 2005, 12:06
I have to giggle....for some reason, it could be a mild form of dyslexia...I read your post as "sadly one of the ramones are still with us"

Too many of their songs started with...1, 2, 3, 4... din nin nin nin nin nin nin nin nin nin(fast tempo)

bigcumba
3rd November 2005, 13:03
:yikes: Ach you're just a young whppersnapper anyway.... :) Tomorrow night I'll really be feeling my age... going up to London to see a pile of bands playing to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the NWOBMH era (that's the new wave of British Heavy Metal to anyone under the age of 35!) It's a 5 band bill; with Jaguar, Bronz, Praying Mantis, Witchfynde and Diamond Head - the last 3 I first saw the year you were born FTB! In fact Witchfynde were the very first live band I saw in Feb 1980 supporting Def Leppard.... I've not seen them since as they split up in 83 and only got back together a few years ago... Haven't seen DH since 83, and Mantis since 82, so it's going to be a serious nostalgia trip for me... very much looking forward to it all.... The first 2 bands I haven't seen at all, so that should be pretty good as well... I'm just digging out some mp3's of them all to get me in the mood!