PDA

View Full Version : adrian massey system

lowe1
8th November 2005, 17:46
after finding this site i couldn't believe how good it is only win2win beats it (close)

so im starting a massey system based on the days ratings

rules are

1) selection must be at least 30+ in ratings
2) star ratings only 5* apply
3) above 8/1 are to be done e/w

tony

icebreaker
8th November 2005, 20:18
Tony, could I respectfully suggest that you don't have to do a test on this. Just generate a "CUSTOM REPORT" on Adrians site and you will have the complete results for 1995-2005.
To generate a custom report: scroll down the main page on the left hand side to "Analysis of the performance of Top Rated Selections" and click. You will have the result in under 3 seconds. Using your parameters the results show a 26% strike rate and a LSP of 109%.

These custom reports are a fabulous tool .......... you can generate reports for other criteria such as performance of favs, jockeys, etc.

lowe1
8th November 2005, 21:00
cheers ice just looked at that exellent stats all round

though i am actually using this system for real now so i will post my selections each day so all the lazy buggers on here can and the ones that have never heard of massey can see how good it is

tony

topman
15th November 2005, 10:46
Hey guys, when you say 'generate a custom report on Adrian's site' where excatly or what site are you referring to? Do I have to join first?

lowe1
16th November 2005, 14:11
Hey guys, when you say 'generate a custom report on Adrian's site' where excatly or what site are you referring to? Do I have to join first?

just put adrian massey in google you will soon find it

flanker
13th May 2006, 07:12
Hi,
When you say 30+ in the ratings, is this the difference between the selectionand the next rated horse?

flanker
13th May 2006, 07:16
Hi,
Sorry me again, what sort of races does this apply to NH,Flat or AW?

plater
13th May 2006, 08:09
Flanker,

If you visit Adrian's site you can choose which code from the Previous selections, click on flat for example, and choose generate custom report at the bottom of the page, put in the data as described in the above post and it will provide you with the stats :)

To answer your question about 30+ clear, it is indeed top rated to second rated, have fun :D

Blinkin
13th May 2006, 09:28
Did you really have this show a profit?

Regards, Peter.

plater
13th May 2006, 09:48
Blinkin,

Overall since 1997 it does show a 14.1% POI, but since 2004 has shown a loss, if you include all the star ratings the POI is 6%, but the SR is about 10% more, this is using the Proportion of Fancied Runners set @70%.

You could play around and find a profit for all years but there are better systems to be found with all the data available. :)

Blinkin
13th May 2006, 10:42
Yea, my points is that the performance of his selections seem to be getting worse year by year since around 2000. It would be very difficult finding any systems based on his ratings since 2002 showing a profit.

Regards Peter.

Roberto
13th May 2006, 15:03
It would be very difficult finding any systems based on his ratings since 2002 showing a profit.
Sorry, Peter, but this couldn't be more mistaken: a quick look through his forum (which takes second place only to this one, both in my opinion and as many other members here have previously commented) shows many profitable systems based on his ratings, some with fully proofed results at SP for about a year!

There are also people in several other forums (not nearly as good as Massey's or this one!) with long-running and consistently profitable systems based on Massey's ratings. This is perhaps not the place to discuss them, I'm sure you'll appreciate, but your statement above really shouldn't go uncorrected as it really will mislead people completely.

It's true that there's been a steady decline in the returns over the last few years from blindly backing all Massey's top-rated ones, but one really shouldn't expect any ratings at all to show a profit when "used" like that.

davidsteel
13th May 2006, 21:26
its a while since i've been on his site but i thought backing blindly his top rated horses on novice chases showed a profit ?

plater
14th May 2006, 09:07
David,

Overall novice chases are in profit since 1997, last couple of years negative, details below.

Off the report Top Rated with PFR set at 30%
Bets 3321
Wins 1371
SR 42.6%
ROI 102.2% (+71pts) SP

With Filters :wink
Bets 671
Wins 295
SR 44%
ROI 127.6% (+185pts) SP
All years winning years :spinning

Blinkin
15th May 2006, 00:08
I stand corrected, sry.

drbill66
28th May 2006, 04:55
One of the reasons I have joined this site is the increasing problems I have been having, coming up with successfull systems based on AM. Especially if you use his Betfair odds for Lay systems and Fixed odds for wins. Drbill66

gobro
4th March 2011, 15:49
after finding this site i couldn't believe how good it is only win2win beats it (close)

so im starting a massey system based on the days ratings

rules are

1) selection must be at least 30+ in ratings
2) star ratings only 5* apply
3) above 8/1 are to be done e/w

tony
Must be only in main meeting .. .. Also, you must concentrate on second top rated and FAV (Racingpost betting forecast which compiled by Spotlight)...Basicly, you need art to do job .. .. ENJOY !!!

bigcumba
4th March 2011, 17:49
Blimey, you're digging up an old thread this time, last post was nearly 5 years ago! :smile:

gobro
4th March 2011, 18:14
Blimey, you're digging up an old thread this time, last post was nearly 5 years ago! :smile:
So what? Amd, why not?

Mattw07
4th March 2011, 21:12
So what? Amd, why not?

Yer, So what? BigC :laughitupsmilie:

Win2Win
5th March 2011, 00:10
:biggrin: .... ya don't want the BIG FELLA sitting on yer face :ass2 :omg:

gobro
5th March 2011, 12:49
Yer, So what? BigC :laughitupsmilie:

BigC??????????