PDA

View Full Version : Ada's Prize Christmas Quiz - RULES & HOW TO PLAY

TheGoodGuy
3rd December 2005, 00:18
Hi all

Christmas is nearly upon us again, so it only seems appropriate that I post a quiz to mark the occasion.

Please read the following and feel free to post any questions or opinions you may have.........

This year, ‘Ada’s Christmas Quiz’ will include a prize for the winner.

The prize will be an Amazon Gift voucher worth £30 (delivered to the winner by Email).

The quiz will comprise of 30 questions, covering a range of topics including: Christmas, TV, Film, Literature, Anagrams, Music, Cartoons, General Knowledge, Logic & Maths.

Points will be awarded for each correct answer as follows: Q12: up to 36pts, Q17: up to 5pts, Q19: up to 2pts, Q24: up to 3pts, Q25: up to 9pts, Q’s 15, 26, 27 & 30: up to 4pts each, Q29: up to 7pts. All others are worth 1 point. Total available: 98 points.

Most of the questions are very straightforward, but there are a few that have been put in there to slow you down a bit. I would suggest you enlist the help of friends or family if you are a little rusty on some of the above topics.

RULES
To try and ensure fair play, the following rules will apply:

Only registered users & members of Win2Win forums are eligible to take part.

To prevent spoilers posting the answers on the forum, the quiz will be sent out to registered participants by Email, and not posted on the W2W ‘Pub Quiz’ thread until the closing date for entries has been reached, at which point it becomes a fun quiz for all.

All participants will be required to ‘register’ an Email address that they want the quiz to be sent to and from which they will be sending their answers.

To qualify for the prize, all answers must be submitted by Email to the quiz address which I will make known to you in due course, and NOT posted on the quiz thread on the forum.

You may submit as many entries as you like, BUT, each entry I receive will VOID any previous entries you might have sent, ie, only the most recent entry you submit will count towards your final points total.

The person scoring the highest points total will be declared the winner.
In the event of more than one person scoring the same highest points total, (which may well be the case), then those concerned will be required to answer a tie-break question to decide the ultimate overall winner.

REGISTRATION PROCESS
As I will have to publish the quiz Email address for you to register and submit your answers to, on the forum for all to see, certain ‘security’ measures will have to be followed:

Once I make the quiz Email address known, I will require you to:

Email me an address (or from an address) that you would like the quiz sent to. This must be the same address from which you are going to send your answers.

Included in this Email you must supply:
Your W2W user name AND a password of your choice, (preferably a word/number of 6 or more letters/digits.

At the same time, please also submit a reply post on the quiz thread stating the time/date you sent your registration. This will help me to validate your Email addresses with your user names and hopefully prevent any potential foul play.

ALL Emails you subsequently send MUST include your user name and this password at the start of any message.

Any Emails received WITHOUT your user name and password will be ignored & may be deleted.

I am asking for this purely to try to prevent unscrupulous individuals using the quiz Email address to register THEIR address using one of YOUR user names.

Any instances I receive of one user name registering two addresses will be investigated.
If anyone notices their user name or suspects someone else’s user name is being used without their knowledge/consent then post on the quiz thread ASAP to bring it to my attention.

NOTE: I will acknowledge receipt of all registrations I receive by posting on the quiz thread on the forum.
This acknowledgement will include a letter or number from your password for you to check.
If the password letter/digit I post does NOT tally with what you registered with, please let me know by posting on the forum quiz thread, NOT by Email.

With any Email you send me, please ensure you post a reply on the quiz thread at the same time, including the time & date you sent your Email in this post.
This will hopefully highlight any ‘lost’ Emails; ie, if I see a post on the quiz thread stating you have sent an Email at a certain time/date, but have not actually received it, then I will contact you to ask you to re-send it.
I will try & acknowledge receipt of all submitted answers on the quiz thread as soon as is reasonably possible.

Assurance: All Email addresses that I receive from you will only be used by myself to reply and/or send information relevant to the quiz.
I promise that they will not be forwarded/sold to any 3rd party.
Once the winner is announced & the prize received, then I guarantee that all of your addresses will be deleted from my PC.

Ada.

tophatter
3rd December 2005, 00:50
Nice one ADA. Your quizzes are always good fun and what a genorous prize too!

TheGoodGuy
3rd December 2005, 00:52
Cheers TH......

Hope you take part

Ada.

wb
3rd December 2005, 00:54
When/Where do we submit our e-mail address to?

TheGoodGuy
3rd December 2005, 01:02
WB

I'll be posting the quiz Email address for registration probably sometime during next week, possibly as late as next Friday 9th.
Watch this space.

I'm using this thread to let anyone with any questions or suggestions on how to maybe improve management of the the quiz to post before I start the Quiz thread proper......

Ada.

bigcumba
3rd December 2005, 12:31
Sounds like you've got it well organised there Ada - look forward to it!

piggy
3rd December 2005, 14:11
nice one ada, well put together i'll enjoy having a go :)