PDA

View Full Version : Help! - I would like to understand this paragrah

MarcusMel
7th December 2005, 19:59
I'm programming up systems from the pocket calculator book. I came across this rule and wondered how to interprit it. I have two ways of looking at what this paragraph means which I may explain later.

Runner has gained more than one previous win over course and distance and has won on prevaling ground 8 points

While I'm here the book also talks about racecheck values that is how many horses went on to win place and be unplaced in a race that the horse has won.

Is there a page on the RP site that has these values or do I have to construct these values for each race within my programming.

Win2Win
7th December 2005, 20:03
Obviously means 2 or more runs over course and distance, and won on the ground on any track.

The other bit you can do manually on RP :yikes:

MarcusMel
7th December 2005, 20:06
:D ok but is that and ANY win on the ground or must the course and distance win be on the prevaling ground?

TheOldhamWhisper
7th December 2005, 20:14
My interpretation would be the horse was a CD winner and has also won on the going. This may or may not be over the same race conditions or at the same track.

silax
7th December 2005, 20:19
horse has 4 legs and a tail likes to eat hay now and again :D

MarcusMel
7th December 2005, 20:20
So its (Course and Distance) and/or (win on ground)

MarcusMel
7th December 2005, 20:22
horse has 4 legs and a tail likes to eat hay now and again :D

A quote from a book by Silax on "How to recognise animals" :hoho:

wb
7th December 2005, 20:41
I read it as:

Has won over that particular C&D

and has won (anwhere else) on that ground

MarcusMel
7th December 2005, 23:03
Thanks wbailey.
BTW:D
Thats what Oldham said too. With me I find it difficult to understand exactly what is being said sometimes, but as we are deling with system rules I need to be mathematically sure of the meaning.