PDA

View Full Version : Ada's Prize Xmas Quiz - IN RUNNING THREAD

TheGoodGuy
17th December 2005, 00:13
Hi all,

OK let's get this show on the road.......

FINAL RULES & POINTERS

You should receive your quiz shortly.

It comprises of 30 questions, including a small JPG attachment, covering a range of topics including: Christmas, TV, Film, Literature, Anagrams, Music, Cartoons, General Knowledge, Logic & Maths.

Most of the questions are very straightforward, but there are a few that have been put in there to slow you down a bit. I would suggest you enlist the help of friends or family if you are a little rusty on some of the above topics.

There are 98 points available, with most questions scoring just 1 point, but depending on the number of answers required per question, points are increased accordingly, with Q12 scoring up to 36pts; Q25 up to 9pts; Q17 up to 5pts etc.

You may submit as many entries as you like, BUT, each entry I receive will VOID any previous entries you might have sent, ie, only the most recent entry you submit will count towards your final points total.

The person scoring the highest points total will be declared the winner.
In the event of more than one person scoring the same highest points total, (which may well be the case), then those concerned will be required to answer a tie-break question to decide the ultimate overall winner.

Use this thread to post any questions, problems, criticisms, general chit-chat and most importantly, replies stating time & date of any Emails sent.

CLOSING DATE FOR ANSWERS: Thursday 22nd December 22:00.

I will post updates from time to time where/when appropriate.

Ada.

TheGoodGuy
17th December 2005, 00:38
ALL QUIZ EMAILS SENT 23:25 16TH DECEMBER.

If you do not receive yours or cannot see/open the attachment please post a reply to let me know ASAP.

Good Luck

Ada.

bigcumba
17th December 2005, 04:36
Hi Ada,

answers sent 3:35 am Saturday 17/12. :)

susanwells
17th December 2005, 19:23
flippin 'eck Big C, haven`t even finished reading them.:yikes:

bigcumba
17th December 2005, 19:42
flippin 'eck Big C, haven`t even finished reading them.:yikes:

I'll sell you some correct answers to help you on the way Susan :D

TheGoodGuy
18th December 2005, 00:21
That confident are you BigC??????:D

Take no notice Susan, he could be bluffing, but then again....Ooo

Ada.:wink

mathare
18th December 2005, 00:44
Do we get told how many we have got right at any time before the quiz closes or not?

TheGoodGuy
18th December 2005, 00:55
Mat,

No I'm afraid not.

If you think that some of your answers are wrong in an email you have already sent, then the onus is on you if you want to send a second set of answers.
If you do send in another set of answers, be aware that any previous answers you have sent will become void.

Only your most recent submitted answers received by 22:00 Thursday 22nd December will be counted.

A tie-break question will come into play with people achieving the same highest scores out of the possible 98pts available.

Ada.

mathare
18th December 2005, 12:38
That's cool Ada, just checking

bigcumba
18th December 2005, 14:13
That confident are you BigC??????:D

Yes.... and erm.... no :wink

wb
18th December 2005, 14:58
Hi Ada, when is the deadline for answers?

wb
18th December 2005, 15:00
Ignore my last post, I found the date. thanks

TheGoodGuy
22nd December 2005, 00:33
Ok....

For those of you who haven't yet sent your answers.........

Time is running out.......

Deadline is 22:00 Thursday 22nd December

There's still a £30 Amazon Voucher for the taking ..........

The choice is yours...........give it a go or........don't.

Ada.

bigcumba
22nd December 2005, 00:38
The choice is yours...........give it a go or........don't..

Like Ada says.... less than 24 hours to go!

Come and have a go if you think your ...erm... smart enough! :D

mathare
22nd December 2005, 11:16
Looks like BigC is the only one to enter so far. Mine will be in soon...

tophatter
22nd December 2005, 14:10
Im struggling for time at the moment after having unexpected busy time at weekend. Doing my best but I havent got many of the answers yet.

vegyjones
22nd December 2005, 14:19
I was contemplating whether it is worth entering...

I didn't want to cheat and google,
but realised I knew almost ZERO of the the answers :laugh

I can do the logic problem one :D

But the rest were outside my field of err, expertise :D

SO, should I send it back with only 1 answer?

wb
22nd December 2005, 15:56
I won't get the time unfortunatley, which is a shame, cos I was looking forward to it. thanks anyway to ada for putting the time into this

TheGoodGuy
22nd December 2005, 18:59
Vegy,
Don't worry about Googling..........you won't be the only one to use it to find the answers.
Nobody will know all the answers off the top of their head, despite what some may say.
The choice is yours.
Obviously if you want a chance at landing the prize then you'll have to have a go at all of the questions.

Ada.

mathare
22nd December 2005, 19:07
Answers sent 6.07pm 22nd December

bigcumba
22nd December 2005, 19:27
I googled a couple I wasn't too sure of, and to double check one or 2 more. Got most on my own though, and did the Sudoku and logic questions all on my lonesome :)

mathare
22nd December 2005, 19:29
Me and the missus sat there for a couple of hours each on the logic problem and sudoku :(

bigcumba
22nd December 2005, 19:40
The logic one had me stumped for a while... I almost got to the point of thinking that is was some sort of trick question and I wasn't seeing any way through it, then I had a bit of a Eureka moment, and it seemed to fall into place... I hope!

mathare
22nd December 2005, 19:42
The logic one had me stumped for a while... I almost got to the point of thinking that is was some sort of trick question and I wasn't seeing any way through it, then I had a bit of a Eureka moment, and it seemed to fall into place... I hope!I was like that with the number one

markwales
22nd December 2005, 19:48
I knew most of the questions, but the doctors surgery one (Q12) stumped me totally for 2 hours and I got nowhere with it. I just figured most would get the 36 pts for it, thus rendering my effort unworthy :yikes:

GlosRFC
22nd December 2005, 22:53
Just sneaked mine in :D

TheGoodGuy
22nd December 2005, 23:05
Right, that's it............
You've had your chance.

GAME OVER........NO MORE ANSWERS WILL BE ACCEPTED

Ada.

GlosRFC
22nd December 2005, 23:11
Pheeeeeeeew :)