PDA

View Full Version : Filipino UK

Win2Win
15th January 2006, 20:14
I didn't intend spending the day upgrading the site, as I had done it last year, but was not completely happy with it, so have made it cleaner and brighter. It is also much easier to add further content to over the coming months.

www.filipinouk.co.uk

susanwells
15th January 2006, 23:23
Not looking for a filipino friend Keith but you deserve a compliment .. it`s a very attractive site now and easy to read/navigate and I think you`ll find it gets a lot more hits as a result.. :hearty

susanwells
15th January 2006, 23:26
BUT... having softened you up with the compliment, I do think you need a bit of a spell and grammar check on the site as it lets the whole thing down when words are wrongly spelled and punctuation is out.. I`ll do it for you if you like...:hearty

Fadetoblack
15th January 2006, 23:27
I'll take one Anastasiya please.

Win2Win
15th January 2006, 23:32
I haven't spell checked it yet Susan, I ran out of time and wanted the main look uploaded....something to do with horse racing stopped me :)

Thanks for the offer, I'll keep you in mind for www.completebiblerewrite.com

:D

Win2Win
15th January 2006, 23:44
Spelling should be OK now...off to bed....

susanwells
16th January 2006, 00:11
It`s the story of you and Ping that now needs a check for spelling and grammar.. :hearty

tophatter
16th January 2006, 00:48
Nice site Keith, the makeover definatley improves it. It gets the tophatter thumbs up thats for sure.

Now on a seperate subject if you need any help on that rewriting the bible site you invited Susan to help with I would like to Volunteer Merlin and myself :D

Some of the more silly stories will have to go though like the talking snake with the apple and the geezer with the big boat who manages to put all those animals on it without them trying to eat each other. :yikes:

tophatter
16th January 2006, 01:09
Pretty impressed with the forum on there Keith. I would imagine in the days before the internet you would have had to ring a lot of places to find out info on Visa's, immigration law etc.

As is normally the case the best advise you can get is by people who have first hand experience of going through the processes themselves. I would imagine quite a few people would find that part of the forum invaluable.

One day, when I get round to it, I would like to learn how to create a website but I cant even use a spreadsheet properly at the minute so I dont know if Im a lost cause. Did you teach yourself and if so how did you start and how long does it take to learn?

wb
16th January 2006, 04:39
EDIT: note to self: dont post on the forum when drunk:(

wb
16th January 2006, 04:40

Win2Win
16th January 2006, 09:40
TH - I started on Freeservers. Simple case of fill in a few bits, and you have a site. Being in the 'want to know how it works' box, I wanted to know how & why the source code worked, and took it from their. That was about 7 years ago, when I new bugger all about the web.

You can use MS Word for putting a site together, the code is crap, but the pages work. :)