8. Fadetoblack
9. Lowe1
10. Secret Squirrel
11. Sparkyminer
12. Mathare
13. Jollyjayne
14. Bigcumba

Game length: up to 14 Draws.

The amount being played for in Draw 1 is £34.

The 6 digit combination has now been set.
The combination is made up of the digits 1 through to 0.
Digit(s) in the combination can occur more than once.

The person whose Thunderball is drawn on Wednesday evening must post their 6 digit choice of combination on this thread by NO LATER than midnight Friday 3rd February.
Failure to do so will result in the prize money being permanently reduced.

If your name is highlighted in the above list and your Thunderball is drawn, then you will win DOUBLE money - £68, if your chosen combination opens the safe.

A different person will be chosen at random & highlighted in each Thunderball Owners List posted before each draw.
People may be highlighted more than once throughout the game but NOT in consecutive draws.

If the chosen combination fails to open the eSafe, then the drawn Thunderball becomes available for new ownership.

The new owner will be determined by the first person correctly answering a question that I will post on the game's REGISTER thread at some time AFTER Draw 1 but BEFORE midnight Friday.

The actual draw itself will determine whether the prize money goes up or down for Draw 2. This will be made clear in Saturday's Draw post, when the updated Owners List will also be posted.

Good Luck to you all.....I suppose.

Ada.

PS. I have this horrible feeling already, that I'm going to get relieved of a fair old wedge by the end of this game. Oh well c'est la vie...let's wait & see.

jonahjones
1st February 2006, 23:40
It's number 4. :)

TheGoodGuy
1st February 2006, 23:59
WEDNESDAY 1st FEBRUARY DRAW RESULTS

5 12 24 32 34 TB=4

Mat s99 - You have until midnight Friday to post your chosen 6 digit combination.

If you post the correct combination you win £34.
If it is incorrect, the game continues.
If you fail to post a combination by the above deadline the prize amount will be immediately REDUCED by £14.

Ada.

TheGoodGuy
2nd February 2006, 00:12
Make sure you monitor the 'Open Ada's eSafe Thunderball Game - REGISTER' thread to answer a question to become the new owner of Thunderball number 4 for Draw 2 on Saturday.

Anyone can answer the question - current Thunderball 'owners', including Mat s99, & anyone else who is following the game.

All you have to do is to be first to post the correct answer.

The question will be posted some time between now & midnight Friday on the 'Open Ada's eSafe Thunderball Game - REGISTER' thread.

Ada.

TheGoodGuy
3rd February 2006, 20:05
Mat s99, you have 5 hours to post your chosen 6 digit combination.

If you fail to do so the eSafe prize money will be reduced by £14.

I will update the Owners list & apply the RULES to establish how much you are playing for in Saturday's draw at midnight tonight.

Ada.

TheGoodGuy
4th February 2006, 01:02
MIDNIGHT DEADLINE EXPIRED - No combination posted.
Therefore...PENALTY INCURRED

Ada.

vegyjones
4th February 2006, 01:11
Damn you Mat... ;fire

:D :wink

TheGoodGuy
4th February 2006, 01:22
Great start everyone...

Applying RULES to determine prize money for Draw 2 (Sat Feb 4th):
(See Rules thread for full explanation)

Thunderball drawn Sat 28th Jan: 8
Thunderball draw results Wed 1st Feb: 5 12 24 32 34 TB 4

RULE 1: N/A
RULE 2: N/A

When 1 & 2 do NOT apply, only then does RULE 3 come in to play:

RULE 3: even/even: -£4

PENALTIES: Owner failing to post chosen combination by required deadline: -£14

Draw 1 prize money:£34
Adding RULES/PENALTIES: -£18

Draw 2 prize money is therefore: £16.

DRAW 1 CHOSEN COMBINATION: xxxxxx

THUNDERBALL OWNERS FOR DRAW 2 - SATURDAY 4th FEBRUARY

1. Silax
2. Vegyjones
3. Iron Chris
4. Fadetoblack
5. Markwales
6. John
7. Presto
8. Fadetoblack
9. Lowe1
10. Secret Squirrel
11. Sparkyminer
12. Mathare
13. Jollyjayne
14. Bigcumba

The amount being played for in Draw 2 is £16.

The 6 digit combination has been set.

The person whose Thunderball is drawn on Saturday evening must post their 6 digit choice of combination on this thread by NO LATER than midnight Tuesday 7th February.

If your name is highlighted in the above list and your Thunderball is drawn, then you will win DOUBLE money - £32, if your chosen combination opens the safe.

A different person will be chosen at random & highlighted in each Thunderball Owners List posted before each draw.
People may be highlighted more than once throughout the game but NOT in consecutive draws.

If the chosen combination fails to open the eSafe, then the drawn Thunderball becomes available for new ownership.

The new owner will be determined by the first person correctly answering a question that I will post on the game's REGISTER thread at some time AFTER Draw 2 but BEFORE midnight Tuesday.

The actual draw itself will determine whether the prize money goes up or down for Draw 3. This will be made clear in Wednesday's Draw post, when the updated Owners List will also be posted.

Good Luck

Ada.

TheGoodGuy
4th February 2006, 20:57
SATURDAY 4th FEBRUARY DRAW RESULT

6 7 15 18 29 TB=3

Iron Chris - You have until midnight Tuesday to post your chosen 6 digit combination.

You are this draw's highlighted owner & your Thunderball has been drawn, so...

If you post the correct combination you win DOUBLE MONEY - £32.
If it is incorrect, the game continues, and the prize money returns to normal.
If you fail to post a combination by the above deadline the prize amount will be immediately REDUCED by £14.

The next question to become the new owner of Thunderball 3 will be posted on the REGISTER thread at noon on Sunday.

Iron Chris
4th February 2006, 22:11
Thanks Ada... :doh :laugh .. this should be easy then.. :D

Here goes, let me get the vibes...:)

6 8 9 3 5 7

Hope that gives some of you some clues & that I get to have a number back soon... :D

TheGoodGuy
5th February 2006, 00:39
Iron Chris,

Thanks for posting your choice so promptly.....

Now, this may not come as too much of a shock to you, but...

Your combination: 689357 has FAILED to open my eSafe, but what I can tell you is...

You have correctly picked 2 of the combination numbers OF WHICH 1 is in the correct position of the combination sequence.
(Using the Mastermind game scoring: WHITE PEGS:1; BLACK PEGS:1)

The prize money now returns to £16.

The next question to become the new owner of Thunderball 3 will be posted on the REGISTER thread at noon on Sunday.

For the record: The only person on this planet who is NOT allowed to post an answer to the question is FADETOBLACK, who already owns 2 Thunderball numbers.
Anyone else is welcome to have a go!

(Makes you feel kinda unique doesn't it Fade...?:wink )

Ada.

Fadetoblack
5th February 2006, 00:47
It does actually. :wiggle:

Thanks Ada, great comp by the way, very original!

TheGoodGuy
5th February 2006, 14:51
Applying RULES to determine prize money for Draw 3 (Wed Feb 8th):

Draw 1 result Wed 1st Feb: 5 12 24 32 34 TB 4
Draw 2 result Sat 4th Feb: 6 7 15 18 29 TB 3

RULE 3: even/odd: +£3

PENALTIES: N/A

Draw 2 prize money:£16
Adding RULES/PENALTIES: +£3

Draw 3 prize money is therefore: £19.

CHOSEN COMBINATIONS SO FAR:

Draw 1: xxxxxx
Draw 2: 689357 - 2 correct numbers OF WHICH 1 is in the correct position of the combination sequence.

THUNDERBALL OWNERS FOR DRAW 3 - WEDNESDAY 8th FEBRUARY

1. Silax
2. Vegyjones
3. Iron Chris
4. Fadetoblack
5. Markwales
6. John
7. Presto
8. Fadetoblack
9. Lowe1
10. Secret Squirrel
11. Sparkyminer
12. Mathare
13. Jollyjayne
14. Bigcumba

The amount being played for in Draw 3 is £19.

The person whose Thunderball is drawn on Wednesday evening (Draw 3) must post their 6 digit choice of combination on this thread by NO LATER than midnight Friday 10th February.

If your name is highlighted in the above list and your Thunderball is drawn, then you will win DOUBLE money - £38, if your chosen combination opens the safe.

The new owner will be determined by the first person correctly answering a question that I will post on the game's REGISTER thread at some time AFTER Draw 3 but BEFORE midnight Friday.

The actual draw itself will determine whether the prize money goes up or down for Draw 4. This will be made clear in Saturday's Draw post, when the updated Owners List will also be posted.

Good Luck

Ada.

TheGoodGuy
9th February 2006, 00:16
WEDNESDAY 8th FEBRUARY DRAW 3 RESULT:

2 13 18 23 24 TB=7

Presto - You have until midnight Friday to post your chosen 6 digit combination.

If you post the correct combination you win £19.

The next question to become the new owner of Thunderball 7 will be posted on the REGISTER thread at around noon on Friday.

Ada.

presto
9th February 2006, 00:37
let's go low :)

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,

TheGoodGuy
9th February 2006, 00:46
Presto,

Thanks to you for posting your choice so promptly.....

Your combination:123456 has FAILED to open my eSafe, but what I can tell you is...

You have correctly picked 3 of the combination numbers OF WHICH 1 is in the correct position of the combination sequence.
(Using the Mastermind game scoring: WHITE PEGS:2; BLACK PEGS:1)

The next question to become the new owner of Thunderball 7 will be posted on the REGISTER thread at around noon on Friday.

For the record: Once again, the only person who is NOT allowed to post an answer to the question is FADETOBLACK, who already owns 2 Thunderball numbers.

Good Luck

Ada.

TheGoodGuy
10th February 2006, 13:31
Applying RULES to determine prize money for Draw 4 (Sat Feb 11th):

Draw 2 result Sat 4th Feb: 6 7 15 18 29 TB 3
Draw 3 result Wed 8th Feb: 2 13 18 23 24 TB 7

RULE 3: odd/odd: -£7

Draw 3 prize money:£19
Adding RULES/PENALTIES: -£7

Draw 4 prize money is therefore: £12.

Draw 2: 689357 - 2 correct numbers OF WHICH 1 is in the correct position of the combination sequence.
Draw 3: 123456 - 3 correct numbers OF WHICH 1 is in the correct position of the combination sequence.

THUNDERBALL OWNERS FOR DRAW 4 - SATURDAY 11th FEBRUARY.

1. Silax
2. Vegyjones
3. Iron Chris
4. Fadetoblack
5. Markwales
6. John
7. Iron Chris
8. Fadetoblack
9. Lowe1
10. Secret Squirrel
11. Sparkyminer
12. Mathare
13. Jollyjayne
14. Bigcumba

The amount being played for in Draw 4 is £12.

The person whose Thunderball is drawn on Saturday evening (Draw 4) must post their 6 digit choice of combination on this thread by NO LATER than midnight Tuesday 14th February.

If your name is highlighted in the above list and your Thunderball is drawn, then you will win DOUBLE money - £24, if your chosen combination opens the safe.

The new owner will be determined by the first person correctly answering a question that I will post on the game's REGISTER thread at some time AFTER Draw 4 but BEFORE midnight Tuesday.

The actual draw itself will determine whether the prize money goes up or down for Draw 5. This will be made clear in Wednesday's Draw post, when the updated Owners List will also be posted.

Good Luck

Ada.

vegyjones
10th February 2006, 13:47
I reckon 2 more (reasonable guesses)
and I'll have it.

As long as (Thunderball) number 2 don't get called in the next 2 draws, and somebody don't strike lucky in the next couple of goes! :D

Just to keep you all on your toes! :laugh

mathare
10th February 2006, 14:19
Vegy's post clarified and the thread tidied as per Ada's request

sparkyminer
10th February 2006, 20:38
I reckon 2 more (reasonable guesses)
and I'll have it.

As long as (Thunderball) number 2 don't get called in the next 2 draws, and somebody don't strike lucky in the next couple of goes! :D

Just to keep you all on your toes! :laugh
I know what it is.:wink

TheGoodGuy
11th February 2006, 20:57
SATURDAY 11th FEBRUARY DRAW 4 RESULT:

1 8 10 24 32 TB=11

Sparkyminer - You have until midnight Tuesday to post your chosen 6 digit combination.

If you post the correct combination you win £12.

The next question to become the new owner of Thunderball 11 will be posted on the REGISTER thread at around 20:45 Monday.

Ada.

vegyjones
11th February 2006, 21:00
I know what it is.:wink
:laugh

Alright clever clogs... here's your chance to prove it! :wink :laugh :laugh

mathare
11th February 2006, 21:01

silax
11th February 2006, 21:21
hehe foot in mouth comes to mind here :D

bigcumba
11th February 2006, 22:00
If you post the correct combination you win £12.

Ada, does this mean that if Sparky didn't post an answer in time that the next contestant would be paying you £2 if they got the right answer? :wink

TheGoodGuy
12th February 2006, 00:35
:D Good point BigC :D

In all the 15 'test' games I have run prior to posting this as the real game that it now obviously is...

Not once out of 15 'games' using scenarios of the eSafe being opened after 8, 11 & 14 draws has the prize money dipped below £14.
The most I would have had to have stumped up would have been £72.

As this game is annoyingly heading towards zero prize money as opposed to something more enticing, I will NOT allow the prize fund to drop below £5, regardless of the RULES & penalties.

The other thing I suppose I should make clear now is that at whatever stage someone opens my eSafe, the game does NOT end there.

There is a final element to the game which as yet I have not disclosed, but there could be a situation where you could possibly win far in excess of the amount of what was in the eSafe when you managed to open it....or...

Conversely, you could win an amount less than what was in the eSafe when you opened it, OR in the worst case scenario....absolutely nothing.

It all depends on a decision that you will have to make after posting the correct combination.

Ada.

bigcumba
12th February 2006, 01:01
Thanks for clearing that up Ada, I knew you would have a 'twist' to the game :)

sparkyminer
12th February 2006, 12:36

Alright clever clogs... here's your chance to prove it! :wink :laugh :laugh
Oh bugger.:)

sparkyminer
12th February 2006, 12:41
My guess is a bit of symmetry.

TheGoodGuy
12th February 2006, 12:49
Sparky,

Your combination: 051150 has FAILED to open my eSafe, but what I can tell you is...

You have correctly picked 1 of the combination numbers OF WHICH 0 are in the correct position of the combination sequence.
(Using the Mastermind game scoring: WHITE PEGS:1; BLACK PEGS:0)

The next question to become the new owner of Thunderball 11 will be posted on the REGISTER thread at around 20:45 Monday.

For the record: The only people who are NOT allowed to post an answer to the question are FADETOBLACK & IRON CHRIS, who each already own 2 Thunderball numbers.

Good Luck

Ada.

sparkyminer
12th February 2006, 12:54
My guess is a bit of symmetry.
That wasn't what my original guess, which I thought was correct was,:doh but I misread the first 2 guesses and got it round my neck.:rolleyes: :butthead: :yikes: :)

vegyjones
12th February 2006, 13:01
I said I probably needed 2 more guesses,
but in light of Sparky's abject failure of an attempt,
I might need a further one! :D :peeky

sparkyminer
12th February 2006, 13:03
I said I probably needed 2 more guesses,
but in light of Sparky's abject failure of an attempt,
I might need a further one! :D :peeky
Ahaaaaaaaaaa. My cunning plan to throw you off the trail has worked.:D

TheGoodGuy
12th February 2006, 13:05
:23_116_6[

Nice one Vegy!

Ada.

TheGoodGuy
13th February 2006, 23:19
Applying RULES to determine prize money for Draw 5 (Wed Feb 15th):

Draw 3 result Wed 8th Feb: 2 13 18 23 24 TB 7
Draw 4 result Sat 11th Feb: 1 8 10 24 32 TB 11

RULE 3: odd/odd: -£11

Draw 4 prize money:£12
Adding RULES/PENALTIES: -£11

The lowest amount I will allow the prize fund to drop to is £5.

Draw 5 prize money is therefore: £5.

Draw 3: 123456 - 3 correct numbers OF WHICH 1 is in the correct position of the combination sequence.
Draw 4: 051150 - 1 correct numbers OF WHICH 0 is in the correct position of the combination sequence.

THUNDERBALL OWNERS FOR DRAW 5 - WEDNESDAY 15th FEBRUARY.

1. Silax
2. Vegyjones
3. Iron Chris
4. Fadetoblack
5. Markwales
6. John
7. Iron Chris
8. Fadetoblack
9. Lowe1
10. Secret Squirrel
11. Markwales
12. Mathare
13. Jollyjayne
14. Bigcumba

The amount being played for in Draw 5 is £5.

The person whose Thunderball is drawn on Wednesday evening (Draw 5) must post their 6 digit choice of combination on this thread by NO LATER than midnight Friday 17th February.

If your name is highlighted in the above list and your Thunderball is drawn, then you will win DOUBLE money - £10, if your chosen combination opens the safe.

The new owner will be determined by the first person correctly answering a question that I will post on the game's REGISTER thread at some time AFTER Draw 5 but BEFORE midnight Friday.

The actual draw itself will determine whether the prize money goes up or down for Draw 6. This will be made clear in Saturday's Draw post, when the updated Owners List will also be posted.

Good Luck

Ada.

TheGoodGuy
16th February 2006, 00:30
WEDNESDAY 15th FEBRUARY DRAW 5 RESULT:

9 10 11 20 24 TB=5

Markwales - (well done, one of your balls HAS dropped) You have until midnight Friday to post your chosen 6 digit combination.

If you post the correct combination you win £5.

The next question to become the new owner of Thunderball 5 will be posted on the REGISTER thread at around 22:30 Friday.

Ada.

vegyjones
16th February 2006, 00:32
I've only just realised my name was highlighted!! Ooo

And damn, my number wasn't called! :(
Ah well, nice to be highlighted for a few days! :D

markwales
16th February 2006, 07:53
My selection is as follows :

Fadetoblack
16th February 2006, 10:44
Wonder when your second ball will drop.

TheGoodGuy
16th February 2006, 23:19
Markwales,

Your combination: 522332 has FAILED to open my eSafe, but what I can tell you is...

You have correctly picked 1 of the combination numbers OF WHICH 0 are in the correct position of the combination sequence.
(Using the Mastermind game scoring: WHITE PEGS:1; BLACK PEGS:0)

The next question to become the new owner of Thunderball 5 will be posted on the REGISTER thread at around 22:30 Friday.

For the record: The only people who are NOT allowed to post an answer to the question are FADETOBLACK & IRON CHRIS, who each already own 2 Thunderball numbers.

Good Luck

Ada.

vegyjones
16th February 2006, 23:25
Ooh, have I got it!! Ooo

Only one way to find out!! Come on Number 2 :D :D

markwales
17th February 2006, 08:16
Jeepers, Only 1 right, in the wrong place, and I spent about 40 mins trying to work that out !!!!

I thought I was nailed on for at least 4-5 correct numbers, and 2-3 in the right place :laugh

TheGoodGuy
18th February 2006, 00:15
Applying RULES to determine prize money for Draw 6 (Sat Feb 18th):

Draw 4 result Sat 11th Feb: 1 8 10 24 32 TB 11
Draw 5 result Wed 15th Feb: 9 10 11 20 24 TB 5

RULE 3: odd/odd: -£5

Draw 5 prize money:£5
Adding RULES/PENALTIES: -£5

The lowest amount I will allow the prize fund to drop to is £5.

Draw 6 prize money is therefore: £5.

Draw 4: 051150 - 1 correct numbers OF WHICH 0 is in the correct position of the combination sequence.
Draw 5: 522332 - 1 correct numbers OF WHICH 0 is in the correct position of the combination sequence.

THUNDERBALL OWNERS FOR DRAW 6 - SATURDAY 18th FEBRUARY.

1. Silax
2. Vegyjones
3. Iron Chris
4. Fadetoblack
5. Silax
6. John
7. Iron Chris
8. Fadetoblack
9. Lowe1
10. Secret Squirrel
11. Markwales
12. Mathare
13. Jollyjayne
14. Bigcumba

The amount being played for in Draw 6 is £5.

The person whose Thunderball is drawn on Saturday evening (Draw 6) must post their 6 digit choice of combination on this thread by NO LATER than midnight Tuesday 21st February.

If your name is highlighted in the above list and your Thunderball is drawn, then you will win DOUBLE money - £10, if your chosen combination opens the safe.

The new owner will be determined by the first person correctly answering a question that I will post on the game's REGISTER thread at some time AFTER Draw 6 but BEFORE midnight Tuesday.

The actual draw itself will determine whether the prize money goes up or down for Draw 7. This will be made clear in Wednesday's Draw post, when the updated Owners List will also be posted.

Good Luck

Ada.

TheGoodGuy
18th February 2006, 20:57
SATURDAY 18th FEBRUARY DRAW 6 RESULT:

4 5 6 14 33 TB=4

Fadetoblack - You have until midnight Tuesday to post your chosen 6 digit combination.

If you post the correct combination you win £5.

The next question to become the new owner of Thunderball 4 will be posted on the REGISTER thread at around 20:30 Tuesday.

Ada.

Fadetoblack
18th February 2006, 21:11
hmm....If I go by this http://mathworld.wolfram.com/images/equations/Mastermind/equation1.gif then surely the combination will be:

TheGoodGuy
19th February 2006, 00:41
Fadetoblack,

Your combination: 643019 has FAILED to open my eSafe, but what I can tell you is...

You have correctly picked 4 of the combination numbers OF WHICH 1 are in the correct position of the combination sequence.
(Using the Mastermind game scoring: WHITE PEGS:3; BLACK PEGS:1)

The next question to become the new owner of Thunderball 4 will be posted on the REGISTER thread at around 20:30 Tuesday.

For the record: The only people who are NOT allowed to post an answer to the question are IRON CHRIS & SILAX, who each already own 2 Thunderball numbers.

Good Luck

Ada.

vegyjones
19th February 2006, 11:03
Right... that combination just blew my theory out of the window! :laugh :laugh

Best get me thinking cap on! :D

vegyjones
19th February 2006, 11:31
Hmm, my new combination fits all the current conditions!!!

Although I'm sure there a a few combinations that also fit them!

:D

Iron Chris
19th February 2006, 12:15
Right... that combination just blew my theory out of the window! :laugh :laugh

Best get me thinking cap on! :D

Same here...:doh :geek

silax
19th February 2006, 12:29
Fadetoblack,

Your combination: 643019 has FAILED to open my eSafe, but what I can tell you is...

You have correctly picked 4 of the combination numbers OF WHICH 1 are in the correct position of the combination sequence.
(Using the Mastermind game scoring: WHITE PEGS:3; BLACK PEGS:1)

For the record: The only people who are NOT allowed to post an answer to the question are IRON CHRIS & SILAX, who each already own 2 Thunderball numbers.

Good Luck

Ada.
hi ada i've got 2 numbers as well

silax
19th February 2006, 12:30
that edit makes me look stupid now ada

Fadetoblack
19th February 2006, 12:31
:laugh it sure does.

vegyjones
19th February 2006, 12:32
You didn't need the edit for that Silax :laugh :laugh :peeky

TheGoodGuy
21st February 2006, 21:55
Applying RULES to determine prize money for Draw 7 (Wed Feb 22nd):

Draw 5 result Wed 15th Feb: 9 10 11 20 24 TB 5
Draw 6 result Sat 18th Feb: 4 5 6 14 33 TB 4

RULE 2: +£4 (Thunderball matches main number)
RULE 3: odd/even: +£4

Draw 6 prize money:£5
Adding RULES/PENALTIES: +£8

Draw 7 prize money is therefore: £13.

Draw 5: 522332 - 1 correct numbers OF WHICH 0 is in the correct position of the combination sequence.
Draw 6: 643019 - 4 correct numbers OF WHICH 1 is in the correct position of the combination sequence.

THUNDERBALL OWNERS FOR DRAW 7 - WEDNESDAY 22nd FEBRUARY.

1. Silax
2. Vegyjones
3. Iron Chris
4. Fadetoblack
5. Silax
6. John
7. Iron Chris
8. Fadetoblack
9. Lowe1
10. Secret Squirrel
11. Markwales
12. Mathare
13. Jollyjayne
14. Bigcumba

The amount being played for in Draw 7 is £13.

The person whose Thunderball is drawn on Wednesday evening (Draw 7) must post their 6 digit choice of combination on this thread by NO LATER than midnight Friday 24th February.

If your name is highlighted in the above list and your Thunderball is drawn, then you will win DOUBLE money - £26, if your chosen combination opens the safe.

The new owner will be determined by the first person correctly answering a question that I will post on the game's REGISTER thread at some time AFTER Draw 7 but BEFORE midnight Friday.

The actual draw itself will determine whether the prize money goes up or down for Draw 8. This will be made clear in Saturday's Draw post, when the updated Owners List will also be posted.

Good Luck

Ada.

TheGoodGuy
23rd February 2006, 00:17
WEDNESDAY 22nd FEBRUARY DRAW 7 RESULT:

17 22 29 32 33 TB=7

Iron Chris - You have until midnight Friday to post your chosen 6 digit combination.

If you post the correct combination you win £13.

The next question to become the new owner of Thunderball 7 will be posted on the REGISTER thread at around 22:30 Friday.

Ada.

Iron Chris
23rd February 2006, 09:31
Have got my combination at home as I didn't know the result when I logged off last night. Am not sure if I wanted a ball to come out or not yet as I think I might get very close this week if not ALL 6...:doh :wink .. and might give too good a chance for the next one...:wink :(

Then again, it could be a load of ********

Iron Chris
23rd February 2006, 21:54
Right here goes...:yikes:

2 4 9 6 0 6

vegyjones
23rd February 2006, 22:15
Ooh, a major difference to what I had in mind!!

markwales
23rd February 2006, 22:17
I like that guess Chris..... could go VERY close I reckon.

Iron Chris
23rd February 2006, 22:25
I like Marks' version better than Vegys'...:wink :D

vegyjones
23rd February 2006, 22:26
Ada's online... we'll fin out how close or correct you are shortly! Oh the tension Ooo Ooo

Iron Chris
23rd February 2006, 22:36
:laugh :laugh

vegyjones
23rd February 2006, 22:48
The replies a coming! :yikes: :yikes:

TheGoodGuy
23rd February 2006, 22:56
Ooooooohhhhhh.......

Iron Chris.....

Now......

Have you cracked the combination & taken the £13 in my eSafe to use in the final part of the game.........

OR.............

How much easier (or harder) have you made it for the next player whose Thunderball gets drawn on Saturday.........

We'll take a break..........

Join me again in 5 and I'll put you out of your misery!!!!!!!!!!!

Ada.

vegyjones
23rd February 2006, 22:57
Ada ;fire

That's bang out of order mate! :D

Could be a goodun Chris??

Iron Chris
23rd February 2006, 22:57
:laugh :laugh :laugh

markwales
23rd February 2006, 22:58
Come on Ada, I'm waiting for this before I go to bed :D...it's way past that time for me already!!! (seriously)

vegyjones
23rd February 2006, 22:59
You've already made babies? What else reason is there to go to bed early :doh

markwales
23rd February 2006, 23:00
Ummm...work in the morning Veg !!! Some of us aspire!!!

vegyjones
23rd February 2006, 23:02
Some of us perspire! I need a bath! :Yuk! :puke

TheGoodGuy
23rd February 2006, 23:02
Iron Chris,

Your combination: 249606 has FAILED to open my eSafe, but what I can tell you is...

You have correctly picked 5 of the combination numbers OF WHICH 3 are in the correct position of the combination sequence.
(Using the Mastermind game scoring: WHITE PEGS:2; BLACK PEGS:3)

The next question to become the new owner of Thunderball 7 will be posted on the REGISTER thread at around 22:30 Friday.

For the record: The only people who are NOT allowed to post an answer to the question are FADETOBLACK & SILAX, who each already own 2 Thunderball numbers.

Good Luck

Ada.

vegyjones
23rd February 2006, 23:03
Ooo Ooo Ooo Sooooo close! And of course means my guess is wrong! ;fire

Back to the drawing board once more! :rolleyes:

Iron Chris
23rd February 2006, 23:06
Ooo Ooo Ooo , no cigar...:(

Will have to check if my second choice for the sixth number can be fitted in and the code switched about a bit...:doh ... if not I'm in trouble...:yikes:

Iron Chris
24th February 2006, 09:34
Well, the new code is in place and fits in nicley..:yikes: ..so just need to try and get my second number back, one of them to come out on Saturday and...

MAKE MYSELF LOOK SILLY AGAIN...:laugh :laugh :laugh

mat_s99
24th February 2006, 16:38
Damn you Mat... ;fire

:D :wink

Sorry everyone! :pk1 (especially ADA!)

Been extremely busy...and had serious t'internet issues....glad the game can continue though and i didn't ::swear it up for you all :)

:bnk

Mat

TheGoodGuy
25th February 2006, 00:01
Applying RULES to determine prize money for Draw 8 (Sat Feb 25th):

Draw 6 result Sat 18th Feb: 4 5 6 14 33 TB 4
Draw 7 result Wed 22nd Feb: 17 22 29 32 33 TB 7

RULE 3: even/odd: +£7

Draw 7 prize money:£13
Adding RULES/PENALTIES: +£7

Draw 8 prize money is therefore: £20.

Draw 6: 643019 - 4 correct numbers OF WHICH 1 is in the correct position of the combination sequence.
Draw 7: 249606 - 5 correct numbers OF WHICH 3 is in the correct position of the combination sequence.

THUNDERBALL OWNERS FOR DRAW 8 - SATURDAY 25th FEBRUARY.

1. Silax
2. Vegyjones
3. Iron Chris
4. Fadetoblack
5. Silax
6. John
7. Iron Chris
8. Fadetoblack
9. Lowe1
10. Secret Squirrel
11. Markwales
12. Mathare
13. Jollyjayne
14. Bigcumba

The amount being played for in Draw 8 is £20.

The person whose Thunderball is drawn on Saturday evening (Draw 8) must post their 6 digit choice of combination on this thread by NO LATER than midnight Tuesday 28th February.

If your name is highlighted in the above list and your Thunderball is drawn, then you will take DOUBLE money - £40, into the final stage of the game, as long as your chosen combination opens the safe.

The new owner will be determined by the first person correctly answering a question that I will post on the game's REGISTER thread at some time AFTER Draw 8 but BEFORE midnight Tuesday.

The actual draw itself will determine whether the prize money goes up or down for Draw 9. This will be made clear in Wednesday's Draw post, when the updated Owners List will also be posted.

Good Luck

Ada.

vegyjones
25th February 2006, 01:42
Well, the new code is in place and fits in nicley..:yikes: ..so just need to try and get my second number back, one of them to come out on Saturday and...
I was seriously concerned about ball number 2 coming up!
I just couldn't work out a possible combination...

But I dug in and NOW, I have a combination that fits! :D

Come on ball number 2!!!!!

TheGoodGuy
25th February 2006, 01:47
Good luck to you Veg.... & Chris and anyone else who now thinks they may have cracked the correct combination to my eSafe.

Ada.

vegyjones
25th February 2006, 01:49
Been a cracking game Ada...

Now I just need the balls to drop my way! :D

TheGoodGuy
25th February 2006, 01:55
Hey Veg,

Once this game has reached its conclusion, & believe me there's more to come once the eSafe is opened.........I'm tempted to do it all over again in a second game.
What do you think........Yea or nay.......would you be interested in playing again?

Ada.

vegyjones
25th February 2006, 01:58
I think it's been really triffic... but you know I love your mind bending puzzles! :D

I've been sat here every Friday, with all the combinations in my spreadsheet
trying to work out all the possible combinations.

It has been really great!

And to be honest. It may not end any time soon, I'm still not sure I have the correct combination! :laugh

But overall, a game worthy of an award at this years awards ceremony! :D

Well done Ada, for keeping us all entertained!

(I think the twice weekly draws also helped to build up the excitement)

Iron Chris
25th February 2006, 09:19
Thanks Ada, have really enjoyed the game, it was a cracking idea ...:D

TheGoodGuy
25th February 2006, 21:03
SATURDAY 25th FEBRUARY DRAW 8 RESULT:

3 6 7 17 33 TB=14

Bigcumba - You have until midnight Tuesday to post your chosen 6 digit combination.

If you post the correct combination you win £20.

The next question to become the new owner of Thunderball 14 will be posted on the REGISTER thread at around 20:30 Monday.

Ada.

Iron Chris
25th February 2006, 21:04
;fire :(

Good luck BigC...:wink :D

bigcumba
25th February 2006, 21:15
oooerr :yikes:

vegyjones
26th February 2006, 13:11
Come on Big C... hurry up young man! :D

Why do I feel quietly confident the prize won't be going anywhere just yet!
:laugh :laugh :laugh :peeky

bigcumba
26th February 2006, 14:05
Come on Big C... hurry up young man! :D

I'm not going to be posting till tomorrow as I'm working tonight and will be working on my answer then.... :)

vegyjones
26th February 2006, 14:14
Keeping us all on tenterhooks more like! :D

bigcumba
27th February 2006, 13:52
Still thinking :wink

vegyjones
27th February 2006, 15:18
You tease! :D

bigcumba
27th February 2006, 22:37
drum roll please.........

I think the combination is...... this isn't quite right, but it should set it up for the next lucky one!

TheGoodGuy
27th February 2006, 23:19
Bigcumba,

Your combination: 049246 has FAILED to open my eSafe, but what I can tell you is...

You have correctly picked 5 of the combination numbers OF WHICH 1 is in the correct position of the combination sequence.
(Using the Mastermind game scoring: WHITE PEGS:4; BLACK PEGS:1)

The new owner of Thunderball 14 (for draw 9) has already been determined by a question posted on the REGISTER thread earlier this evening, which was correctly answered by Mathare.

Ada.

bigcumba
27th February 2006, 23:22
Thanks Ada - that was my 5th combination... I kept rearranging the same numbers over and over again.... oh well, best of luck to the next potential winner - hope I've helped you! :) I have a funny feeling I'll kick myself when I do find out the final answer....

TheGoodGuy
27th February 2006, 23:36
Applying RULES to determine prize money for Draw 9 (Wed Mar 1st):

Draw 7 result Wed 22nd Feb: 17 22 29 32 33 TB 7
Draw 8 result Sat 25th Feb: 3 6 7 17 33 TB 14

RULE 3: odd/even: +£14

Draw 8 prize money:£20
Adding RULES/PENALTIES: +£14

Draw 9 prize money is therefore: £34.

Draw 7: 249606 - 5 correct numbers OF WHICH 3 is in the correct position of the combination sequence.
Draw 8: 049246 - 5 correct numbers OF WHICH 1 is in the correct position of the combination sequence.

THUNDERBALL OWNERS FOR DRAW 9 - WEDNESDAY 1ST MARCH.

1. Silax
2. Vegyjones
3. Iron Chris
4. Fadetoblack
5. Silax
6. John
7. Iron Chris
8. Fadetoblack
9. Lowe1
10. Secret Squirrel
11. Markwales
12. Mathare
13. Jollyjayne
14. Mathare

The amount being played for in Draw 9 is £34.

The person whose Thunderball is drawn on Wednesday evening (Draw 9) must post their 6 digit choice of combination on this thread by NO LATER than midnight Friday 3rd March.

If your name is highlighted in the above list and your Thunderball is drawn, then you will take DOUBLE money - £68, into the final stage of the game, as long as your chosen combination opens the safe.

The new owner will be determined by the first person correctly answering a question that I will post on the game's REGISTER thread at some time AFTER Draw 9 but BEFORE midnight Friday.

The actual draw itself will determine whether the prize money goes up or down for Draw 10. This will be made clear in Saturday's Draw post, when the updated Owners List will also be posted.

Good Luck

Ada.

vegyjones
27th February 2006, 23:45
That result fits in very nicely with my combination by the way! :D

Iron Chris
28th February 2006, 00:00
That result fits in very nicely with my combination by the way! :D

But NOT mine..:(

vegyjones
28th February 2006, 00:06
Tee-hee... Come on Number 2! :D

Iron Chris
28th February 2006, 09:23
Got one that fits now though...:D

vegyjones
1st March 2006, 17:32
Draw tonight! Ooo Ooo

ABout time number 2 came out!! :D

TheGoodGuy
1st March 2006, 23:46
WEDNESDAY 1st MARCH DRAW 9 RESULT:

6 15 19 27 29 TB=5

Silax - You have until midnight Friday to post your chosen 6 digit combination.

If you post the correct combination you have potentially won £34.

The next question to become the new owner of Thunderball 5 (if the combination isn't cracked) will be posted on the REGISTER thread at around 22:30 Friday.

Ada.

vegyjones
1st March 2006, 23:57
Booo!! :mad:

silax
2nd March 2006, 10:19
damn means i got to try and work the bugger out now

silax
2nd March 2006, 10:54
patience vegy

silax
2nd March 2006, 18:53
ok my guess is ..........................

silax
2nd March 2006, 18:54
which looks good to me but saying that

vegyjones
2nd March 2006, 20:38
That would have been my guess! :(

TheGoodGuy
2nd March 2006, 22:21
Silax,

So you think your chosen combination 269409 looks good eh?

Well as a matter of fact.....

So do I!!!

:REDanceda Congratulations......269409 HAS opened my eSafe :icon_win:

You now have your hands on the £34 that was inside, but you have a bit more to do yet.....
This money is what you carry forward into the final stage of the game.

Read on.....

Throughout the game so far, the Thunderball has dictated who got to have a shot at opening the eSafe and also the prize amount to be carried forward into this final stage of the game…. so guess what……
Saturday’s drawn Thunderball will determine the final prize money amount you will actually walk away with.

Final Stage Rules

1. You must choose 9 of the 14 Thunderballs as yours for Saturday’s draw.

The remaining 5 will become mine.
Of these 5 I will split them into one group of 3 and one group of 2.

Prize Allocation

If Saturday’s drawn Thunderball is:

One of your chosen 9 then you will win 100% of the final prize amount.
One of my group of 3 then you will win 50% of the final prize amount.
One of my group of 2 then you lose and will win nothing.

2. You NOW have to choose 1 of the following three options:

A. THE SAFE OPTION

Depending on Saturday’s drawn Thunderball:
You will either win the full amount of the eSafe contents: £34;
50% of the full amount £17....or....
Absolutely nothing.

B. THE ' THAT SOUNDS GOOD' OPTION.

Alternatively, I will exchange the eSafe contents of £34 for 34 Thunderball tickets for Saturday’s draw.
Depending on the drawn Thunderball:
You will either win 100% of the value of the winning lines;
50% of the value of the winning lines....or...
Absolutely nothing.

The 34 Thunderball tickets I buy can either be chosen by yourself, or bought as Lucky Dips…..it’s up to you.
If you choose your own numbers I will require you to post them on this thread ASAP in order to give me reasonable time to buy them in readiness for Saturday’s draw.

So in theory you could be exchanging the eSafe’s £34 for anything between £0 & £250 000!!

C. THE 'CAN'T MAKE MY MIND UP' OPTION.

Your third choice is a mixture of the above.
You can split the £34 into two amounts, one share to be held back & the other to be exchanged for Thunderball tickets.
The size of each share is up to you, but the smallest share MUST NOT be less than £10, and both shares MUST add up to the full £34.
NOTE: The drawn Thunderball rule will apply to BOTH the share amount held back & the value of any Thunderball winning lines.

So Silax, there you have it…
Please reply to this post with your 9 chosen Thunderballs & your preferred option A, B or C.
I will respond accordingly.

What do you think he should do, the rest of you?

Ada.

bigcumba
2nd March 2006, 22:25
Well done Silax on getting the winning combination... I knew I'd kick myself when I saw it - that was my first choice when I was guessing then I changed it 4 times to what I finally posted...

Very nice little twist to the game Ada! :D

I'd go for option C...

Iron Chris
2nd March 2006, 22:59
Well done Silax..:) .. that was my new code as well..:( .. and an excellent twist to an excellent competiton Ada..:)

I think out of the three options I would go 'B' - just in case..:wink

silax
2nd March 2006, 23:03
cheers ada
ok i'll go for option b
do i still have to pick 9 thunderballs if so 1-9
all lucky dips

TheGoodGuy
2nd March 2006, 23:09
Silax,

Just to make sure....

You want Thunderballs 1 through to 9 as yours for Saturday's draw.
(Therefore I will have 10 through to 14.)

OPTION B:
You want me to buy £34 worth of Lucky Dip tickets for Saturday's draw.

Please confirm...

By the way, where are you geographically, Silax?

Ada.

silax
2nd March 2006, 23:15
i'm in spain ada

silax
2nd March 2006, 23:16
and its bloody cold here as well

TheGoodGuy
2nd March 2006, 23:16
Silax,

I thought you were...

That should make it fun getting your winnings to you...

Ada.

silax
2nd March 2006, 23:17
Silax,

Just to make sure....

You want Thunderballs 1 through to 9 as yours for Saturday's draw.
(Therefore I will have 10 through to 14.)

OPTION B:
You want me to buy £34 worth of Lucky Dip tickets for Saturday's draw.

Please confirm...

By the way, where are you geographically, Silax?

Ada.
yep thats right

vegyjones
2nd March 2006, 23:21
Silax, you can only do one or the other mate! :D

TheGoodGuy
2nd March 2006, 23:24
Silax,

I will buy the tickets tomorrow (Friday) and post them on this thread tomorrow night at around 22:30, along with your Thunderballs (& my 5 split into their 2 groups.)

Do you have a UK bank account or are you going to need your winnings (if any) in Euros?

Ada.

vegyjones
2nd March 2006, 23:27
Apparently you can do more than 1...

I need to reread the explanation thread! :doh :laugh

silax
2nd March 2006, 23:33
if its £250,000 i'll hire a helicopter and you can deliver it :D

silax
2nd March 2006, 23:34
Apparently you can do more than 1...

I need to reread the explanation thread! :doh :laugh
thats why i'm the forum mastermind and you're still waiting for your balls to drop :wink

TheGoodGuy
2nd March 2006, 23:36
:D
I'll hold you to that, Silax.

Ada :wink

vegyjones
2nd March 2006, 23:36
thats why i'm the forum mastermind and you're still waiting for your balls to drop :wink
:laugh Well done to you Silax, I was rooting for you! Honest! :D

bigcumba
2nd March 2006, 23:37

:laugh :laugh :laugh

TheGoodGuy
3rd March 2006, 23:37
Silax,

Here are the 34 Lucky Dip tickets/lines I have bought at your request for Saturday's Thunderball (4th March) draw.
I have put them in Thunderball order.

01 03 11 14 16 01
02 03 13 23 29 01
02 06 15 22 26 01
03 12 14 20 34 01
05 08 13 16 22 01
05 08 20 25 34 01
02 03 05 23 27 02
05 14 15 27 31 02
08 09 13 29 32 04
10 13 15 24 26 05
02 04 22 25 27 06
08 09 23 31 33 06
03 07 10 31 33 07
03 05 06 09 26 08
07 16 26 28 31 08
09 10 11 15 24 08
01 08 20 23 34 09
04 16 22 24 34 09
07 11 22 25 29 09
07 15 18 33 34 09
01 04 20 28 32 10
04 06 16 27 32 10
07 26 28 31 33 10
10 12 18 21 30 10
04 11 20 30 32 11
04 12 14 23 27 12
05 07 12 26 30 12
01 05 17 19 24 13
02 12 19 22 27 13
06 25 28 31 34 13
07 09 14 15 27 13
15 18 25 27 33 13
04 06 13 24 33 14
09 10 17 19 27 14

So...depending on which Thunderball is drawn will determine how much your final prize amount will be...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 - You will win 100% of the value of the winning lines above.
10 12 14 - You will win 50% of the value of the winning lines above.
11 13 - You lose everything and win nothing.

For your information:

Running the above numbers through the last 5 Thunderball draws, they would have won:

15/02/06: £110
18/02/06: £10
22/02/06: £5
25/02/06: £25
01/03/06: £5

How much will they win on Saturday 4th March?

Wishing you the best of luck...

Ada.

vegyjones
3rd March 2006, 23:43
Good luck Silax,

and possibly Ada as well! P:D

silax
4th March 2006, 14:38
thanks ada good luck

Iron Chris
4th March 2006, 14:45
Good luck to you both..:)

TheGoodGuy
4th March 2006, 20:59
SATURDAY 4th MARCH THUNDERBALL RESULT

02 08 09 10 11 TB=8

So Silax...
As Thunderball 8 was drawn you win 100% of whatever the winning lines of the 34 tickets are worth.

But how much are they worth?

There are just 2 winning lines:

03 05 06 09 26 08: £5
09 10 11 15 24 08: £20

You have therefore won: £25

Silax,
As you are not resident in the UK I don't know what would be the easiest way to get your prize money to you.
Please Email me at the address below with your ideas/details:

XXXXXXX

Regards

Ada.

mathare
4th March 2006, 21:08
Nice one Silax

And well done Ada for running another great competition

TheGoodGuy
5th March 2006, 00:39
Well folks,

That's it, pretty much game over for Game 1.

Silax has walked away with £25....it could have been more, I suppose, or it could have been a lot less.

You know how the game works now so.....

Anyone fancy doing it again?.....

If you do...

I will post a Game 2 REGISTER thread on Sunday at mid-day.

All I need is 14 different registrations to start the game to claim ownership of the 14 available Thunderballs.
Pick your number (if you wish) when you register, otherwise I will allocate you an unclaimed number.
First come first served.

If 14 of you register before midnight Tuesday 7th March, then...the game will begin on Wednesday (8th March) evening.

If not...then .....no game.

Ada.

silax
5th March 2006, 01:12
tell you what ada why not use the £25 to take the mrs out for sunday dinner on me.
as a thanks for running the competition.
really enjoyed it

TheGoodGuy
5th March 2006, 01:23
Silax,
Are you sure?

I'd feel it was money better spent if you took it yourself.
Otherwise, I would prefer it if you nominated a charity that I could donate it to, if you won't accept it yourself.

(She'll just go and spew it all over the pavement on one of her Friday nights out, and blame it on something she ate the day before.)

Nominate a charity if you would be so kind...

Cheers

Ada.

silax
5th March 2006, 01:28
ok ada i'll have a think about it

silax
5th March 2006, 01:38
ok have thought about it.
i'd like to donate it to one of susans charitys she patron saint of one or two
i'm sure she'll be able to make the transfer as easy as possible for you

TheGoodGuy
5th March 2006, 01:41
Susan Wells...our famous authoress

Yes?

Ada.

silax
5th March 2006, 01:57
the one and only
looking forward to the next combination game

TheGoodGuy
5th March 2006, 02:02
I'll PM her now...

Consider it done.

Glad to hear you are interested in taking part in Game 2.

Regards

Ada.

silax
5th March 2006, 02:02
i've e-mailed her so she should be in touch with you soon

TheGoodGuy
5th March 2006, 12:40
For the record:

Silax has asked for his £25 prize money to be donated to charity.
Nice gesture.

After consultation with Susanwells it has been decided to give the money to:

CRISIS.. they work with the homeless, (used to be called Crisis at Christmas..) not just providing shelter, food and etc at Christmas and new year but through the year. They have a day centre with classes and courses so that the homeless can start getting qualifications that will lead to jobs and so homes - they run a great cafe which actually works as a catering training centre. They have a Learning Zone with library, IT training etc.. and of course it all provides company, support, etc too.

I will forward the money to them forthwith.

Ada.