PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question for anyone

glynners
13th February 2006, 19:34
I have just returned home to find a nice letter behind my door from what would, on the face of it, seem a realiable 'racing service'

I'm not one for believing this stuff, especially ones that just appear through the door, but thought I could at least ask some people that know about horses and systems etc.

Has anyone heard of the Andrew Christie Investment tipster service and is it any good or should I shread it like the rest of the :censored: I get through the mail

Cheers :)

markwales
13th February 2006, 19:35
Without even looking him up...SHRED IT !!!

he wouldn't be mailshotting people if he was any good !

glynners
13th February 2006, 19:37
Thats what I was thinking along the lines of but thought it may be worth asking.... cheers mark

markwales
13th February 2006, 19:39
On doing a quick search, he has several aliases, all of which are useless :laugh

presto
13th February 2006, 19:58
i received a mailshot once, from some guy guaranteing £10k a week profit. a few weeks later it was on watchdog and how people had lost all there saving's / gone into dept over it.

buddhabee
13th February 2006, 20:49
people had lost all there saving's / gone into dept over it.

I really hate people who fall for this kind of scam and then bleat about it. If they hadn't been so greedy in the first place they wouldn't be where they ended up.

Lloyds Names are another bunch. All happy with the risk when raking in the dividends, but when the tables turn it's all 'Oh poor little me.'

presto
13th February 2006, 22:00
I really hate people who fall for this kind of scam and then bleat about it. If they hadn't been so greedy in the first place they wouldn't be where they ended up.

Lloyds Names are another bunch. All happy with the risk when raking in the dividends, but when the tables turn it's all 'Oh poor little me.'

same here - i don't know why i watch watchdog sometimes. but the other week they were on about franchises. suckers were shelling out a fortune for franchaises which were advertised as 'make UP TO £80k per anum' etc.... and expecting to rake in £80k easy money. (i put it in bold as these people obviously didn't see the important words). but some bloke payed out £33k for a jet washer :doh :rolleyes: (didn't he read what he was getting into?).

wb
13th February 2006, 22:20
I seem to be on one of them mailing lists too.
About four years ago, I sent away for a free book about how to win at racing or something (It was basically a big advertisement for his 'service' ) anyway, he is still sending me bloody post, and I must have been put on a mailing list, because I have got mail sent from other so called tipsters.

Don't be fooled. The prices seemed fantastic, so I went to the bother of checking the SP's, and a 5/4 winner was recorded as a 4/1 shot by him. (that was one of many high priced winners that were actually a lot shorter in reality)

All the same, Although it is a bit annoying, It must be costing somone some amount of money to send me A4 booklets to Ireland every couple of weeks. :)

Don't go near it glynners

Win2Win
13th February 2006, 22:24
I just put them back in the post box.....he can pay again his end :D

glynners
14th February 2006, 01:09
:laugh

after posting original message I had a proper read before putting it through the shreader... was fairly amusing, it claimed most of his 'satisfied customers' had made more than a million...yes thats right a million pounds in profit

methinks this maybe a lie... :butthead:

presto
14th February 2006, 01:13
On doing a quick search, he has several aliases, all of which are useless :laugh

i looked him up aswell, found a few of his names:

vegy
vegyjones
gary jones
mr pink

:D :D :D :D

vegyjones
14th February 2006, 01:21
I'm thinkning of starting a new book with Merlin...

This one has a running title... Presto gets a smack :D

presto
14th February 2006, 01:35
:peeky

vegyjones
14th February 2006, 01:38
and if anyone else is interested in my tips,
please send a £50 cheque to

Vegy
The one who looks like an animaniac
East London

tophatter
14th February 2006, 02:28
The first clue is in the bit where he says most of his clients have won over £1,000,000 tax free. The second clue in this kind of thing is when the word Garanteed is used. The third clue is if most of his clients are making over £1,000,000 tax free every year why is he wasting his time getting mailshots printed and sending them out instead of just bunging on a few more quid of his own? The only people who could possibly believe that are people who know very little or nothing about gambling and if that is the case they should be betting with stakes of no more than a couple of quid.

you did right to shred it. What a joker.

Win2Win
14th February 2006, 10:27
But TH........at your presnent rate of growth...you'll be making £Million in 3-4 years, then I can have a nice glossy brochure with your pic on it.......that'll ensure they burn it :laugh

Profit Seeker
15th February 2006, 12:07
he wouldn't be mailshotting people if he was any good !

That would seem to be true. I think I know most of the few % of tipsters who ARE good, a few VERY good and consistent, but you try finding them. Took me a few years and then it was pure luck!

Win2Win
15th February 2006, 12:40
You could just visit one of the proofing services!

wb
15th February 2006, 15:20

A lot of the proofing services dont go back far enough IMO, for example, unless I missed something, racing index would only let me look at results since around last autumn, which is not really a long time when it comes to laying services.

Win2Win
15th February 2006, 17:52
Best to go by the number of selections, rather than a time frame.

That service can be abused, but then so is the RP's proofing. You can post a few tips, if they win, and show a good profit, stop posting! Your still high up in the list.

Profit Seeker
16th February 2006, 00:17
Best ones I know of don't proof to anyone (anymore). No doubt there's a few who do, but I'll research them if I need to.

markwales
23rd February 2006, 09:03
For Info - I believe this is one of Andrew Christies other aliases for scamming. STEER CLEAR !!!!!

Punters have been warned of a suspected betting scam which has already claimed tens of thousands of pounds.

Herefordshire Trading Standards Services has seized more than £30,000 from a Hereford postal address.

Officers say most of the money had been sent by elderly people.

It follows a tip-off about a suspect scam in which the alleged fraudster, using the alias Michael Davenport, sent out 10,000 mailshots nation-wide claiming to offer guaranteed profits of up to half a million pounds if people use his horse race tipping phone line.

To access the tips, people are asked to send between £40 and £330 to a Hereford address, which turned out to be a mailing address.

"The total value of these cheques is estimated to be well in excess of £30,000, and this is just for one week of mail deliveries," said Tim Thorne, Herefordshire Council's Principal Trading Standards Officer.

"The literature sent out makes outrageous claims about the likely winnings such as 76% of the tips are winners and you are guaranteed to make profits exceeding £21,000 each month.

"We've saved the public more than £30,000 by seizing in excess of 600 cheques and a substantial amount of cash that would have been banked.

"I was astonished at the number of people who actually fell for this. With next to no overheads a rogue trader can make a fortune in no time at all and then disappear without a trace.

"You don't get something for nothing in this life. There is an abundance of scams around at present targeting consumers and small businesses and I urge people not to fall for them."

Win2Win
23rd February 2006, 09:53
Half a million eh! That means you need to start with a betting bank of around £50 Million right? And even that is high risk :yikes:

tovarich
23rd February 2006, 10:33
Not guilty but keeping my head down just in case. Hang on, there's somebody at the door. :yikes: :( Bye!