PDA

View Full Version : Links Question

scaaty
25th February 2006, 02:59
I know that forum rules say links aren't allowed without permission, just wondering whether that applies to all links or just racing related ones - are joke, music, etc links ok or do they need permission too ? And if they do, how do you get permission ? Havent seen any posts asking for permission so I assume you have to email Keith, or can you PM a mod ? Can't imagine that Keith can have time to do it all :doh !

Not that I have any links I want to post at the moment, just asking for future reference :)

wb
25th February 2006, 03:38
Most links are fine Scaaty. The only ones that are deleted are spam - such as 'tipsters'

Usually you can spot them a mile away. It is usually their first post, and it will say something like ' make £70k a year tax free..blah ...blah ... just click on the link....'

Jokes, music, news etc. are all fine, as long as it does not undermine what keith is trying to do.

TheOldhamWhisper
25th February 2006, 08:42
OK, general guidelines:

ANY site about racing - ask first.
ANY site that is selling (or encouraging to buy) anything at all - ask first.

ANY link posted with an affiliate code will be deleted.
ANY link to a 'redirect' site will be deleted.

If in doubt, simply post a request and one of the mods will contact you - there's usually one lurking in the shadows most times of day.

Most established members know that if they have to think as to whether or not a link would be allowed, then they need to get permission before posting it. If in doubt - ask first.

scaaty
25th February 2006, 14:33
Thanks guys, that's more or less what I thought but the rules do say 'any link' so I just wanted to make sure :)