PDA

View Full Version : anyone had any experience of "trading manuals"?

professorlay
19th April 2006, 19:43
Afternoon, wondering if anyone had purchased any manuals or systems for bet trading. I personally do alright from trading but never touch the horses that are <3 and never trade within the final 10 minutes prior to the off.

Obviously we are all well aware of the weight of money principles that used to govern the direction of price. Althought this principle still plays a part in modern trading it is not the only consideration . Anyone know of systems that might address trend analysis or other such methods of predicting price movement? Anyone any hints or tips on trading in those penultimate minutes before the off? Any and all information would be appreciated. Thanking you all in advance

mathare
19th April 2006, 19:54
There is a lot of stuff on trading and various experiences with it around the forum, especially in the members' area I think. Do a quick search and see if that turns up anything that might help you

Win2Win
19th April 2006, 20:04
I only trade within the final 10 mins, and mostly <3 :)

ray7
19th April 2006, 20:18
Keith when are you going to do an ebook on trading.
I`ve just been offered Raj Patel`s latest course on trading for £397. :yikes:
I`m sure you could do something better for less. :wiggle:

Win2Win
19th April 2006, 20:29
It's not really any easy thing to write about, plenty of variables, and many methods. It's best to just use the Free Betangel and have a go trading for pennies to see how you get on, then get better software.

OFF has read some good books on the subject I think, he'll tell you which ones are any use.

professorlay
19th April 2006, 20:35
Apprecaite the advice Mathare, couldnt really find anything specific enough. Keith, I apprecaite the majority trade on the short priced favs in the last 10 mins but ive studied these horses/races and cant seem to find any pattern whatsoever. Is it exclusively the weight of money that you look for? Are there any other tricks to the prediction of movement or do you think that you just have a much better feel for the markets reaction to certain horses/prices due to your experience??

I cant make head nor tail of it, its really p::swear ing me off. I guess its sort of the holy grail of trading though to predict the movements of the favs in the last 10 mins.

I have to second that other chaps suggestion of you writing a guide to trading. Supposedly Mr. Patels bet trader has lost some of its potency over the years. Bit like me :icon_tong

mathare
19th April 2006, 20:45
You could try getting Odds Extractor and crunching some numbers to look for patterns...

Onlyforfun
19th April 2006, 20:46
OFF has read some good books on the subject I think, he'll tell you which ones are any use.

Not read any books on it, it's my job! :D Its easier with shares is all I'll say, the Betfair markets often make no sense at all.

Buy Gold, gold miners or exploration companies and copper miners / exploration.

mathare
19th April 2006, 20:47
Buy Gold, gold miners or exploration companies and copper miners / exploration.What about sparky miners? :doh

Win2Win
19th April 2006, 20:47
Mr Patel works in our chemist so maybe doing two jobs has taken his mind off the game!!!

I don't trade in every race, I just go with the feel for the horse.

Take yesterday for example, as soon as Aeroplane won the first, it was obvious Levera would be backed, so I set up a trade, and the price kept falling, so I got out with a nice wedge. That was the only trade I done yesterday........although that was because I was only on 33k dialup :yikes:

Win2Win
19th April 2006, 20:48
Not read any books on it, it's my job! :D .
Well bloody write one then :D

professorlay
19th April 2006, 20:50
Know anything about Caledon Resources or Conroy Diamonds OFF?

wb
19th April 2006, 20:51
look up podtog's 'diary of a novice trader threads. They were interesting

presto
19th April 2006, 21:01
raj patel is a :icon_tong - don't touch his crap.
he keeps sending me e-mails about trading - wis screenshots about 18 months old.

not sure about gold off - isn't it at a record high. - i have seen a lot of the mining / gold shares increase between 45 - 89% this year :yikes:

professorlay
19th April 2006, 21:04
You twisted my arm Mathare, odds extractor it is. Ive been puzzling over a possible system that would require such a piece of software anyway so maybe nows the time to run analysis on both. I'll post the new system in the members area in a moment. It'll f::swear kin blow your mind!!

Win2Win
19th April 2006, 21:06
Odds Extractor is excellent.

presto
19th April 2006, 21:21
there is a book 'lay back and think of winning' - or similar title about trading, i didn't find it much use - but i think others found it ok, may be of some use if you are just starting out.

sparkyminer
19th April 2006, 22:29
What about sparky miners? :doh
He's pretty cheap!:D

podtog
24th April 2006, 11:01
I have found the longer priced nags easier to predict (4 -8). Have two open programs running, one with the odds frozen and one with the odds refreshing on 1 second, determine a drifter or shortener and wait for favourable WOM working in your favour, less manipulation at these odds (3rd - 5th fav) price range. Also a steamer or drifter with 1 minute to go can see the odds reverse for a substantial amount as everybody wants to close out. Key is determine the trend or spot the moment when everyone wants to close.

Street cry
24th April 2006, 20:28
Just a little tip , at this time of year get a handle on all the 2 and 3 year old lines take the form races ie decent maidens , 3 year old handicaps etc .
Once you have a good idea of the best races and the best 2/3 year old form look for horses running early in the day that are likely to frank the form use this as a medium to trade any complimented horses running later on in the day . Momentum on these usually stays strong right up until the off so a decent margin can be taken.

MarcusMel
25th April 2006, 01:51
Oldham has posted some nice advice about trading on horses somewhere on this forum.

Cheri
26th April 2006, 08:56
I went to Pete Webb's course on trading and exchange betting stategies. It came with a lovely bunch of course notes. I'm still trying to get my head around it, but have decided to work on my personality for a while. I have trouble with the greed and fear thing. :(