PDA

View Full Version : Ada's Eurovision Game - RULES

TheGoodGuy
12th May 2006, 23:59
Please Note: The game will be abandoned if there are less than 5 people wanting to take part.

Player to Prize Ratio:
5, 6, 7 players - £10
8, 9 players - £15
10, 11, 12 players - £20
13, 14 players - £25
15+ players - £30

The prize will be in the form of Amazon eVouchers.

Eurovision Game Rules
There are 24 countries taking part in this years final, so…..

1. You will be required to Email me (address to be supplied on main Eurovision game thread) the countries that, in your opinion, will finish in the top 5 AND bottom 3 in the correct order, in this year’s Eurovision contest.
I will therefore require 8 entries from each of you…… 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 22nd, 23rd, 24th.

2. Each player will also be required to submit a tie-break answer along with their main nominations in case of a tie for first place.
The tie-break question is to predict the finishing position of the United Kingdom song in the contest.

Scoring
The person finishing with the overall highest score will be declared the winner.

Each person will start with 100 points.
Points will be added or deducted to this score using the following rules:

i) If you correctly predict the final placing of any of your nominated countries: 10 points will be added to your score.

ii) If any of your nominated countries finish in either the Top 5 or Bottom 3 zones but are incorrectly placed within those zones….. 5 points MINUS the difference between the country’s actual placing & your predicted placing will be added to your score….
For example: If you predict that the UK will finish in 2nd place but they ACTUALLY finish in 4th place…. 5 points (for correctly predicting UK to finish in the Top 5) MINUS the difference between their actual placing (4) and predicted placing (2) …………… 5-(4-2) = 3 points will be added to your score.

iii) If any of your nominated countries fail to finish in either the Top 5 or Bottom 3 zones, the difference between the country’s actual placing & your predicted placing will be DEDUCTED from your score…..
For example: If you predict that the UK will finish in 4th place but they ACTUALLY finish in 21st place…. 21 – 4 = 17 points will be deducted from your score.

PLEASE NOTE: If anyone who would like to take part, but has reservations about Emailing me, please be assured that your Email addresses will only be used by me throughout the duration of the game as & when necessary, & will NOT be passed on to any third party.
All Email addresses will be deleted from my computer after the game has finished.
I would suggest you use a 'disposable' Email address which most ISP & mail providers offer nowadays, rather than your personal one if you are concerned about any security issues.

Ada.