PDA

View Full Version : Ada's Eurovision Game - In Running

TheGoodGuy
13th May 2006, 00:53
If you want to participate.........

The Eurovision Final takes place on Saturday 20th May & is televised LIVE on BBC1 from 20:00.

There are 24 countries (see the table below) competing for top spot, so.....

You will be required to Email me (address below) the countries that, in your opinion, will finish in the Top 5 AND Bottom 3 in the correct order, in this year’s Eurovision contest.
I will therefore require 8 'answers' from each of you…… 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 22nd, 23rd, 24th (plus an answer to the tie-break question - see below)

GO TO 'ADA'S EUROVISION GAME RULES' THREAD FOR POINT SCORING EXPLANATION AND PRIZE ALLOCATION. (http://www.win2win.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=39768)

For Eurovision audio/video previews, to gain that must have 'advantage':
BBC Eurovision 2006 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/eurovision/2006/contestants/)

The Email address to submit your entries, which must include the answer to the tie break question:

In which position (1-24) will the UK song finish?

adabt1105-w2weurovision
at
yahoo
dot
co
dot
uk

I'm sure you can work the address out.

CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES: 17:00 SATURDAY 20th MAY.

The 24 countries, to choose from, that are competing in this year's Final, are:

<table><table border=1><tr><td align=center>Armenia</td><td align=center>Bosnia<br>& Herzegovina</td><td align=center>Croatia</td><td align=center>Denmark</td><td align=center>Finland</td><td align=center>France</td></tr><tr><td align=center>FYR Macedonia</td><td align=center>Germany</td><td align=center>Greece</td><td align=center>Ireland</td><td align=center>Israel</td><td align=center>Latvia</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Lithuania</td><td align=center>Malta</td><td align=center>Moldova</td><td align=center>Norway</td><td align=center>Romania</td><td align=center>Russia</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Spain</td><td align=center>Sweden</td><td align=center>Switzerland</td><td align=center>Turkey</td><td align=center>Ukraine</td><td align=center>United Kingdom</td></tr></table>

Good Luck

Ada.

TheGoodGuy
13th May 2006, 13:24
Posting problems sorted.....game on.

This is my 1000th post!!!!
It's taken me over 4 years to achieve this.
Just wish this post could have been somewhat more interesting.:(

Ada.

scaaty
13th May 2006, 14:19
Congratulations Ada - may have taken 4 years, but it's quality not quantity that counts :)

Thanks for another great competition, I'll certainly be having a go even though I haven't heard any of the songs - I'll number them and use my lottery numbers I think, never done me any good on the lottery so maybe they'll work for this! :rolleyes:

vegyjones
13th May 2006, 20:16
Is Eurovision next week?

TheGoodGuy
13th May 2006, 23:05
Vegy,

Yes....

BBC1 - Saturday 20th May.

Ada.

vegyjones
13th May 2006, 23:06
Ta - when I saw it said in-running I feared it was today! :yikes:

TheGoodGuy
14th May 2006, 01:19
I haven't heard any of the songs
Try the link I've added to the main post.......you never know, it might give you that edge......(or maybe not).

Ada.

vegyjones
14th May 2006, 01:24
Whichever country has a new Prime Mister / President will win! :D

That makes Italy favourites :D

TheGoodGuy
14th May 2006, 01:32
There might be hope for us then, if things move as quickly as the rest of the country would like........(then again, maybe not)

Ada.

scaaty
14th May 2006, 02:13
Try the link I've added to the main post.......you never know, it might give you that edge......(or maybe not).

Ada.

Thanks Ada, just listened to them and now I've got a bit of a dilemma - should the ones that made me laugh the most go in my top 5 or bottom 3 ??? :doh :laugh

Ruby
14th May 2006, 12:03
Adaaaa!! How are you??
I would like to have a go at this quiz, thanks for cococting it! Can't figure out how to play the video clips tho, I think I need to download some programme or other..any idea which?
Failing that I 'll just go for what ole Wogan says!!
TTFN..... Roobs :wiggle:

TheGoodGuy
14th May 2006, 12:18
Roobs.......
Where've you been?
Missed you loads!!!!!!!
Welcome back.......

The Euro audio/videos play mainly OK on my machine....very slow to connect though.
My machine plays them using Real Player.
You're not missing much if you can't see/hear them....

Great to hear from you again......don't leave it so long next time!!!!!!!!

Ada. :spinning

Ruby
14th May 2006, 12:26
Awww.....Sank you darrrrlink!!!
Have been very busy, work intrudes upon life I am afraid!!
Still, girl's gotta eat, and so do her offspring!
Yep I think I have to download real player, so I will get on with it. If you don't hear from me again ,it's because I have downloaded something naaasteee, and me machine is caput! :yikes:

Fadetoblack
14th May 2006, 13:41
Just listening to Britain's eurovision effort. It's the cheesiest...truly worst record I have ever heard. Yet...the bit with the kid's singing and the general beat is pretty damn catchy. The lyrics and the singer should ensure that it doesn't win...but the kids should prevent the wooden spoon.

bigcumba
14th May 2006, 21:29
That's my entry sent off Ada.:)

wb
15th May 2006, 01:34
Hi ada.

Sent: 15th May, 1:30am

TheGoodGuy
15th May 2006, 20:07
IMPORTANT EUROVISION GAME NOTICE

Please read the 1st post in this thread AGAIN for update.

I have had to edit the main post on this thread to rectify a rather large up-cock made by myself concerning the 2006 Eurovision contest procedures.

Unbeknown to me until earlier today, there are only 24 finalists in Saturday's showdown.
A semi-final show on Thursday decides the 10 countries that will join the 14 already automatically qualified.

I have therefore extended the closing date for entries until 17:00 Saturday, and would remind those of you who have already submitted your entries, namely Sparkyminer, Bigcumba & Wbailey, that you are encouraged to re-send your nominations, probably after Thursday's show, if you so desire.

My apologies for the confusion...

Ada. :doh

bigcumba
15th May 2006, 21:16
No probs Ada, that semi final is news to me too.... probably to keep the show under 5 hours... :yikes:

vegyjones
15th May 2006, 22:12
I dunno. What's wrong with the tried and trested format!

If it ain't broke don't fix it! :mad:

Although, we are talking Eurovision here aren't we?? Ooo

mathare
15th May 2006, 22:30
Didn't they have a semi-final last year too?

Fadetoblack
15th May 2006, 22:35
They had something before the main event alright...i can't recall whether it was a semi final or not but our two mutant lesbian twins were involved in it.

vegyjones
15th May 2006, 22:39
:laugh :laugh

mathare
15th May 2006, 22:42
mutant lesbian twinsKeep Presto away from them :icon_tong

TheGoodGuy
15th May 2006, 22:46
The Show Format
The format of the show changed in 2004 with the introduction of a semi-final. As rousing and entertaining as the entries always prove to be, watching all of them in one sitting was perhaps too much for the millions who watched in 2003.

This year 23 countries will perform in the semi with the highest-scoring ten countries going through to the final. The running order of both shows, and scoring order, is decided by random draw.

Ada.

sparkyminer
16th May 2006, 06:05
Cheers Ada, but if we're any good we'll only have to resubmit the bottom three surely.:wink :D

TheGoodGuy
18th May 2006, 22:53
OK....

The Semi Final results are in....

Please refer to the first post in this thread (again), which is now updated and contains the 24 finalists taking part in Saturday's Eurovision contest.

I await your (Emailed) entries....

Ada.

bigcumba
18th May 2006, 23:00
new entry sent

mathare
18th May 2006, 23:03
Entry just submitted

scaaty
18th May 2006, 23:12
Just sent mine - best of luck everyone :)

vegyjones
18th May 2006, 23:46
Mine has been sent!

sparkyminer
19th May 2006, 06:19
New entry submitted.:)

Iron Chris
19th May 2006, 19:03
Entry Sent - Hopefully..:wink :)

wb
19th May 2006, 19:07
New entry submitted - 19th May - 7:10pm

TheGoodGuy
19th May 2006, 23:49
So far just 6 entries received with, at the moment a 7th incomplete entry....

...so for now the prize money stands at just &#163;10.

You have until 17:00 Saturday to have a go (see 1st post on thread for details).

Looks like I will have to call on Vegy & Mathare to drum up more support again if the prize money is to increase.

By the way, ...I will also be having a shot at this...
...so if my selections give me the highest score, then I pay out nothing at all.

Ada.

mathare
20th May 2006, 00:00
Give me a minute on this one....

EDIT: Hopefully this (http://www.win2win.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=39943) will attract a few more entrants Ada :)

roma
20th May 2006, 00:49
Now Playing: Russia
Dima Bilan used to perform on the staircase for his neighbours when he was a kid. Singing 'Never let you go' at Eurovision is a natural career progression.

He's gorgeous. Has to win. :D

tophatter
20th May 2006, 00:53
I will be having a go Ada

scaaty
20th May 2006, 00:55
He's gorgeous. Has to win. :D

Oh, come on - he's nowhere near as gorgeous as Finland's lead singer ! :D

roma
20th May 2006, 01:05
:laugh :laugh

Missed Finland, thought it was all girls, due to watching only first 30 seconds of each.

Oh well, too late now, entry sent off :(

TheGoodGuy
20th May 2006, 01:24
Roma,

You can always change your mind if you want...

I will accept the Email I receive from you (and anyone else for that matter) sent/received nearest to the closing time of 17:00 Saturday as your final entry.

Ada.

Ruby
20th May 2006, 10:15
Ok have sent mine ..:)

Fadetoblack
20th May 2006, 11:23
The results of the fadetoblack Jury have been submitted.

TheGoodGuy
20th May 2006, 13:03
Ruby,

I still haven't received anything from you as yet (13:00)....please check & send again if possible!!!!!!!

Ada.

tophatter
20th May 2006, 14:36
mine is sent

TheGoodGuy
20th May 2006, 17:09
Time's up...

No more entries will be accepted........EXCEPT from Ruby (I never received your Email) and Wbailey (complete entry required).

Wbailey - I am going to use 2 of your 'last 3' choices from your first Email & unless I hear from you before 20:00 I am going to use the rank outsider as the 3rd 'last 3' to make your entry complete. Hope that makes sense.

Update to follow...

Ada.

TheGoodGuy
20th May 2006, 17:52
OK everyone,

As 12 of you have opted to play, the prize up for grabs is &#163;20 of Amazon eVouchers.

SEE THE TABLE BELOW TO VIEW YOUR CHOSEN SELECTIONS ALONG WITH EVERYONE ELSES.

Scoring
The person finishing with the overall highest score will be declared the winner & will win the &#163;20 prize...however, if I score the highest, then I win and therefore won't have to shell out any prize money.

Each person will start with 100 points.
Points will be added or deducted to this score using the following rules:

i) If you correctly predict the final placing of any of your nominated countries: 10 points will be added to your score.

ii) If any of your nominated countries finish in either the Top 5 or Bottom 3 zones but are incorrectly placed within those zones….. 5 points MINUS the difference between the country’s actual placing & your predicted placing will be added to your score….
For example: If you predict that the UK will finish in 2nd place but they ACTUALLY finish in 4th place…. 5 points (for correctly predicting UK to finish in the Top 5) MINUS the difference between their actual placing (4) and predicted placing (2) …………… 5-(4-2) = 3 points will be added to your score.

iii) If any of your nominated countries fail to finish in either the Top 5 or Bottom 3 zones, the difference between the country’s actual placing & your predicted placing will be DEDUCTED from your score…..
For example: If you predict that the UK will finish in 4th place but they ACTUALLY finish in 21st place…. 21 – 4 = 17 points will be deducted from your score.

<table border=1><tr><td align=center>.</td><td align=center>1st</td><td align=center>2nd</td><td align=center>3rd</td><td align=center>4th</td><td align=center>5th</td><td align=center>22nd</td><td align=center>23rd</td><td align=center>24th</td><td align=center>UK Posn.</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Ada</td><td align=center>Sweden</td><td align=center>Bosnia<br>& Herzegovina</td><td align=center>Ireland</td><td align=center>Finland</td><td align=center>Russia</td><td align=center>France</td><td align=center>Turkey</td><td align=center>Lithuania</td><td align=center>9th</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Sparkyminer</td><td align=center>Sweden</td><td align=center>Spain</td><td align=center>United Kingdom</td><td align=center>Latvia</td><td align=center>Ukraine</td><td align=center>Malta</td><td align=center>Poland</td><td align=center>Moldova</td><td align=center>3rd</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Bigcumba</td><td align=center>FYR Macedonia</td><td align=center>Romania</td><td align=center>Latvia</td><td align=center>Croatia</td><td align=center>Ireland</td><td align=center>United Kingdom</td><td align=center>Israel</td><td align=center>Finland</td><td align=center>22nd</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Scaaty</td><td align=center>Finland</td><td align=center>Denmark</td><td align=center>Greece</td><td align=center>United Kingdom</td><td align=center>Latvia</td><td align=center>Germany</td><td align=center>Turkey</td><td align=center>Lithuania</td><td align=center>4th</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Vegyjones</td><td align=center>Denmark</td><td align=center>Russia</td><td align=center>Malta</td><td align=center>Greece</td><td align=center>Latvia</td><td align=center>Spain</td><td align=center>Ukraine</td><td align=center>Lithuania</td><td align=center>12th</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Mathare</td><td align=center>Romania</td><td align=center>Israel</td><td align=center>Latvia</td><td align=center>FYR Macedonia</td><td align=center>Ireland</td><td align=center>Spain</td><td align=center>United Kingdom</td><td align=center>France</td><td align=center>23rd</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Iron Chris</td><td align=center>Sweden</td><td align=center>Greece</td><td align=center>Bosnia<br>& Herzegovina</td><td align=center>Romania</td><td align=center>Finland</td><td align=center>France</td><td align=center>Spain</td><td align=center>Israel</td><td align=center>12th</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Roma</td><td align=center>Russia</td><td align=center>FYR Macedonia</td><td align=center>Denmark</td><td align=center>Greece</td><td align=center>Moldova</td><td align=center>Spain</td><td align=center>Lithuania</td><td align=center>Latvia</td><td align=center>21st</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Hudsonmat</td><td align=center>Ireland</td><td align=center>Denmark</td><td align=center>Norway</td><td align=center>Sweden</td><td align=center>Switzerland</td><td align=center>Moldova</td><td align=center>Armenia</td><td align=center>Lithuania</td><td align=center>12th</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Tophatter</td><td align=center>Finland</td><td align=center>Norway</td><td align=center>Greece</td><td align=center>Sweden</td><td align=center>Croatia</td><td align=center>Israel</td><td align=center>Denmark</td><td align=center>Latvia</td><td align=center>14th</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Fadetoblack</td><td align=center>Sweden</td><td align=center>Bosnia<br>& Herzegovina</td><td align=center>Romania</td><td align=center>Greece</td><td align=center>Finland</td><td align=center>France</td><td align=center>Armenia</td><td align=center>Israel</td><td align=center>7th</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Peza2605</td><td align=center>Switzerland</td><td align=center>United Kingdom</td><td align=center>FYR Macedonia</td><td align=center>Denmark</td><td align=center>Israel</td><td align=center>Finland</td><td align=center>Malta</td><td align=center>Spain</td><td align=center>2nd</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Wbailey</td><td align=center>Ireland</td><td align=center>Ukraine</td><td align=center>Croatia</td><td align=center>Denmark</td><td align=center>Spain</td><td align=center>Sweden</td><td align=center>Germany</td><td align=center>France</td><td align=center>10th</td></tr></table>

Good Luck to you all

Ada.

sparkyminer
20th May 2006, 17:58
Ada. Peza sent an entry in. I think it was right on the deadline. Did you not recieve it? Or was it too late?

TheGoodGuy
20th May 2006, 18:01
Sparky,

Yes I have received it.......
I'll add it to the table now.

Ada.

mathare
20th May 2006, 18:07
A few votes for a Swedish victory with Lithuania finishing last a popular one too

vegyjones
20th May 2006, 18:45
This should be fun in-running!

You're all going down :laugh :D

piggy
20th May 2006, 18:54
:censored: sent mine to late, never mind probably rubbish anyway:D

bigcumba
20th May 2006, 18:56
This should be fun in-running!

You're all going down :laugh :D

I'm going to win this because I haven't heard any of them apart from a wee bit of the mad Finns and our own (c)rap song. Remember there will be the usual political voting as well with the eastern Europeans all voting for their friends.... and the French and Germans no doubt giving us nil points to wind things up a bit for the footie!

piggy
20th May 2006, 18:57
just forthe record and fun these where mine
1st finland
2nd sweden
3rd greece
4th germany
5th ireland
22nd monaco
23rd andorra
24th cyprus

uk - 9th

Iron Chris
20th May 2006, 20:22
My Israel to come last is sounding a good bet...:wink :D

bigcumba
20th May 2006, 20:23
My Israel to come last is sounding a good bet...:wink :D

I don't think so.... Latvia :yikes:

jonahjones
20th May 2006, 20:30
I like those Norwegian girlies! :)

bigcumba
20th May 2006, 20:41
I like those Norwegian girlies! :)

oh yeah! Song was decent enough as well... this German one is funny... especially the weird looking banjo player! Is this Country Und Vestern ya?

bigcumba
20th May 2006, 20:46
Danish one must be in with a shout - the old fogies like a bit of rock'n'roll :)

sparkyminer
20th May 2006, 20:46
I'd just like to add I voted for these without hearing them, 'cos obviously Spain are candidates for nil points. The Norwegian girls weren't bad either.:)

scaaty
20th May 2006, 20:48
this German one is funny... especially the weird looking banjo player! Is this Country Und Vestern ya?

Definitely agree there, German one had me in stitches :laugh :laugh :laugh

Did you see her right leg when she was on the stool ? :yikes:

markwales
20th May 2006, 20:52
Didn't get a chance to enter due to being away, but I'll be amazed if the Birtish entry is better than 20th :yikes:

Norway...MmmMmMmm
Macedonia singer....Double MmMmMmMmM

bigcumba
20th May 2006, 20:53
Did you see her right leg when she was on the stool ? :yikes:

nah I was too busy looking at her mouth and trying to figure out which side of 50 she was :D

Was that Daisy Duke singing for FYR Macedonia? :yikes:

bigcumba
20th May 2006, 20:54
MmMmMmMmM

it's rude to talk with your mouth full Mark! :wink

Iron Chris
20th May 2006, 20:54
Didn't get a chance to enter due to being away, but I'll be amazed if the Birtish entry is better than 20th :yikes:

Norway...MmmMmMmm
Macedonia singer....Double MmMmMmMmM

Staedy Mark, you are married with child on way remember...................agree though..:wink :D

markwales
20th May 2006, 21:03
Staedy Mark, you are married with child on way remember...................agree though..:wink :D

Wife is in bed with a filthy cold, and can't take anything for it coz she's preggers :doh (I really do feel sorry for her, she's rough as hell)

Just shouted up and invited her down to my W2W Eurovision Party, and she told me to get stuffed, she's having a BB7 party of her own upstairs :laugh

bigcumba
20th May 2006, 21:04
Quite like this Bosnian song.... as Tel says the other Balkans will go for that - quite traditional sounding...

bigcumba
20th May 2006, 21:06
Lithuania :laugh :laugh :laugh talk about taking it too seriously... that deserves to win for the pure cheek and fun of the song!

Iron Chris
20th May 2006, 21:06
Lithuania....... can I change my entry pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease... :yikes: :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh

markwales
20th May 2006, 21:07
Lithuania..... is this written by Derren Brown? :laugh

bigcumba
20th May 2006, 21:07
Aw hell that was bloody brilliant and hilarious! :D

Iron Chris
20th May 2006, 21:12
Is Ada running these comps to boost tv ratings, all of us watching Eurovision & then it will be BB7 when he starts that...:yikes: :D

Hope your wife is feeling better soon Mark, not nice when they can't take anything...:(

sparkyminer
20th May 2006, 21:12
Mr Wales, you want to revise that statement on the UK entry, they loved it.:D

Iron Chris
20th May 2006, 21:13
Was doing well in a Laddies Freeroll until my KK get beat by a flopped Ace & nearly wiped me out...:censored: ::swear

bigcumba
20th May 2006, 21:14
that surprised me... I mean it's hardly 50 cent is it!?

The Greek one - that Demis Roussos has lost a lot of weight.... :yikes:

sparkyminer
20th May 2006, 21:15
Wife is in bed with a filthy cold, and can't take anything for it coz she's preggers :doh (I really do feel sorry for her, she's rough as hell)

Just shouted up and invited her down to my W2W Eurovision Party, and she told me to get stuffed, she's having a BB7 party of her own upstairs :laugh
Tell her to suck on your special lozenger.:icon_tong :D

Iron Chris
20th May 2006, 21:15
Here we go boys...:yikes:

sparkyminer
20th May 2006, 21:17
'kin hell. Keith's avatar is singing the Finnish entry.:yikes: :D

Iron Chris
20th May 2006, 21:18
'kin hell. Keith's avatar is singing the Finnish entry.:yikes: :D

:laugh :laugh :hoho: :hoho: :hoho:

That just pressed my button sparky..:D

bigcumba
20th May 2006, 21:19
Brilliant! I think!

scaaty
20th May 2006, 21:20
Brilliant !!!! If Finland don't win there's no justice !!! :D

sparkyminer
It sounded a bit like Alice Cooper's Poison.:)

markwales
wtf is going on here....grown hetrosexual men talking eurovision :laugh

Iron Chris
20th May 2006, 21:21
Show me your love.... yes please...:D :D

sparkyminer
20th May 2006, 21:22
I'm off to t'pub, but I'll be back:)

markwales
20th May 2006, 21:23
Mr Wales, you want to revise that statement on the UK entry, they loved it.:D

What's the song got to do with it? :D

scaaty
Is anyone betting on this by the way ? I've had a tiny daft one on Latvia !

bigcumba
Show me your love.... yes please...:D :D

That's a stunning pair of lungs on that lass! Very nice!

bigcumba
20th May 2006, 21:24
What's the song got to do with it? :D

too true Mark, politics will decide where we end up!

markwales
20th May 2006, 21:25
too true Mark, politics will decide where we end up!

and that's part of the fun !!

bigcumba
20th May 2006, 21:27
I picked up a bit of the French one... something to do with 'put our hands in the air and surrender' :)

piggy
20th May 2006, 21:27
this forum corrupts, im a 47 yo, 20st, hetrosexual ex biker and i'm watching eurovision:ermmm

Iron Chris
20th May 2006, 21:30
Welcome to the party piggy, couldn't hide in the background any longer hey...:wink :D

bigcumba
20th May 2006, 21:32
this forum corrupts, im a 47 yo, 20st, hetrosexual ex biker and i'm watching eurovision:ermmm

:laugh it is a wee bit worrying... when I remember I'll send you that Liza Minelli DVD later ... :yikes: :wink

Iron Chris
20th May 2006, 21:34
The good old Irish - 'Light your candles & wave your arms' entry...:wink

piggy
20th May 2006, 21:35
:laugh it is a wee bit worrying... when I remember I'll send you that Liza Minelli DVD later ... :yikes: :wink
never mind the liza minelli dvd what about the david bowie bootleg:D

bigcumba
20th May 2006, 21:35
The good old Irish - 'Light your candles & wave your arms' entry...:wink

yeah it's either a jig or a dirge with the Irish!

markwales
20th May 2006, 21:36
Sweden = If that's not top 3 I'll eat my hat... and that aint easy after just polishing off the biggest steak known to Tesco !!!! :D

scaaty
20th May 2006, 21:36
For a while there I thought Croatia was the Irish entry - Riverdance on acid !!:laugh

bigcumba
20th May 2006, 21:37
never mind the liza minelli dvd what about the david bowie bootleg:D

Oh yeah, I found that last week - it got buried under tons of other CD's by mistake! PM me your address again and I'll get that sent off this week.

piggy
20th May 2006, 21:38
does the sweden stage act remind you of a dianna ross video?

Iron Chris
20th May 2006, 21:39
Sweden = If that's not top 3 I'll eat my hat... and that aint easy after just polishing off the biggest steak known to Tesco !!!! :D

Pleased I put them 1st anyway..:)

Iron Chris
20th May 2006, 21:40
That woman from BB7 with the boob job is on stage now...:yikes:

markwales
20th May 2006, 21:49
What an AMAZING night.,... it's just AMAZING.... comical!!

Iron Chris
20th May 2006, 22:00
Even more AMAZING... I am still in the poker and haven't won a bean yet... AMAZING...:)

vegyjones
It's the good bit! :D :D :D

TheGoodGuy
I never thought this thread would create so much interest....

For the record.....
Piggy, I can't accept your entry.....
1. You voted too late....
2. You've picked 3 countries that aren't even competing.

Now if I had seen & listened to these before the event, rather than just wildly picking them at 'random', I think I would have picked Denmark Germany Greece & Sweden to be up there with a chance.

I'd definitely give that Swedish singer one..................for effort at least.

Ada.

markwales
20th May 2006, 22:03
Piggy, I can't accept your entry.....
2. You've picked 3 countries that aren't even competing..

Brilliant :laugh :laugh

AMAZING !!

Iron Chris
20th May 2006, 22:08
Looks like highlights from the Orient Promotion Party now...:wink :D

bigcumba
20th May 2006, 22:09
Looks like highlights from the Orient Promotion Party now...:wink :D

So we look out for someone we know wearing pink :D

vegyjones
20th May 2006, 22:10
:D :wink

TheGoodGuy
20th May 2006, 22:11
Must go now & record the scores...
See you later...

Ada.

vegyjones
20th May 2006, 22:11
Get on with it ya 'eejit :laugh

vegyjones
20th May 2006, 22:12
I don't like this new way of doing it :ermmm

vegyjones
20th May 2006, 22:12
Denmark 0 point after round 2 ;fire

bigcumba
20th May 2006, 22:16
I see the east europeans are doing their usual bit :rolleyes:

vegyjones
20th May 2006, 22:17
Go Denmark :D

vegyjones
20th May 2006, 22:24
I've only got 1 of the countries aty the right end of the table! Ooo

Iron Chris
20th May 2006, 22:24
Maybe each country should have a list of 5 countries that they can't vote for... that would throw some of them...:D

Iron Chris
20th May 2006, 22:25
2 of my bottom 3 are on Nil Points so far...:)

vegyjones
20th May 2006, 22:25
Tophatter's looking pretty sweet!

Iron Chris
20th May 2006, 22:28
More than happy with my position so far...:yikes:

bigcumba
20th May 2006, 22:48
now you know what I liked about my time in Iceland... :)

scaaty
20th May 2006, 22:49
now you know what I liked about my time in Iceland... :)

yes, it was a beautiful sunset :rolleyes: :D

John
20th May 2006, 22:52
i'm still amazed by the number of people that watch this trash :confused: why oh why oh why

vegyjones
20th May 2006, 22:53
:laugh

Iron Chris
20th May 2006, 22:55
i'm still amazed by the number of people that watch this trash :confused: why oh why oh why

See, you're into it already John...:D

vegyjones
20th May 2006, 22:57
Roma was closest with in predicting the position of the UK!

bigcumba
20th May 2006, 22:58
Because it was actually fun John... some of the music was actually quite good, some was awful and a few were extremely funny. Just what you'd expect from this every year! :)

presto
20th May 2006, 22:58
i just put it on for 5 mins.

oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
what do i see - a bunch of klingons and what looks like Gene Simmons of KISS. and more pooofs than at a gay pride march.
- seriously do these other nations take this farce seriously :doh

will stick to the boxing on ITV :)

vegyjones
20th May 2006, 23:00
All together know

HARD ROCK HALLELUJAH!!!

scaaty
20th May 2006, 23:02
Great fun and thanks to Ada for a hugely entertaining evening :)

Justice prevailed and Finland won - just a pity I got all the others totally wrong :D

John
20th May 2006, 23:05
My post was actually a little subtle dig at Piggy, although he isn't around to see the funny side of it unfortunately. :)

vegyjones
20th May 2006, 23:06
I got it John!

Some people clearly don't talke their moderating jobs seriosuly and haven't read the posts on other threads :D

TheGoodGuy
20th May 2006, 23:09
Let me retire to my darkened room to sort the points out.....

Back soon I hope.

Ada.

John
20th May 2006, 23:11
:D

I knew you got it!

By, you're sharper than I thought... :yikes:

:sex1

:blue

:ermmm

vegyjones
20th May 2006, 23:14
:sex1

:blue

:ermmm
Is that a coded invite :yikes:

John
20th May 2006, 23:24
:sex1 (By, you're sharper than I thought... :yikes:)

:blue (Eh up! Did I really say that out loud... Oh hell... no...)

:ermmm (Crikey! I'm thoroughly ashamed with myself, I want to take that back! How embarrassing!)

---
I rest my case. :laugh

vegyjones
20th May 2006, 23:31
Eh Up

Starting a sentence with By

Youve been in Sheffield too long now, that Yorkshire Lingo is starting to take over John! :laugh :D

Ruby
20th May 2006, 23:36
[QUOTE=Ada]Time's up...

No more entries will be accepted........EXCEPT from Ruby (I never received your Email) and Wbailey (complete entry required).

OOoops!!,
just got back from the Dogs,
and wouldn' you know it, I got the winning three....
nah not really I was nowhere near it!!
Sorry Ada, I haven't had a returned message thingy, don't know what I did!
(didn't win more than £2 at the Dogs either...oh well....)
:splapme

Cheers anyway Ada :)

TheGoodGuy
21st May 2006, 00:21
The results are in....

There is a clear winner...........is it me?

Anyone still about & interested?

Ada.

vegyjones
21st May 2006, 00:24
Go on you tease!!!

piggy
21st May 2006, 00:26
oi stop nicking my lines:D

TheGoodGuy
21st May 2006, 00:42
Oh all right then........

If you disagree with your score, (refer to the scoring rules) please shout.
You have until 18:00 Sunday to register your complaint.
After then, all positions stand...

In my opinion......

Bearing in mind we all started with 100 points:

IN REVERSE ORDER...

13th PEZA2605 - 6pts.
11th (Joint) VEGYJONES & HUDSONMAT - 21pts. (Couldn't even split you with the UK tiebreak - both chose 12th)
10th WBAILEY - 24pts.
9th SCAATY - 25pts.
8th ROMA - 33pts.
7th SPARKYMINER - 40pts.
6th MATHARE - 47pts.
5th BIGCUMBA - 49pts.
4th TOPHATTER - 79pts.

Top 3 to follow shortly......

Ada.

vegyjones
21st May 2006, 00:44
Ah well, I beat Peza at least! :rolleyes:

Surprised TH ain't in the top 3 Ooo

I'm stumped, come on Ada, reveal all! :D

TheGoodGuy
21st May 2006, 00:56
Ada's Eurovision Game 2006...

TOP 3...

3rd ADA - 82pts.
2nd FADETOBLACK - 104pts.

With a clear winning points margin....

THE WINNER, AND WIN2WIN EUROVISION GEEK 2006:

1st IRON CHRIS - 127pts. :icon_win:

Well done Chris, I will contact you later on, regarding your prize, once any stewards enquiries have been sorted...

...and thanks to you all for taking part in what turned out to be a more popular game than I ever imagined.

Cheers...

Ada.

vegyjones
21st May 2006, 00:58
Well done Chris!

How many of Ada's games do you intend on winning?? :rolleyes:

All hands up for a ban on Iron Chris in the Big Brother comp! :Helooo :D

scaaty
21st May 2006, 02:23
Well done Chris, great score ! :thumbs Have fun spending your prize :)

Iron Chris
21st May 2006, 09:40
Thanks everyone........ I think...:geek

It must have been my lucky ABBA outfit that did it for me as well as my ESB (Eurovision Systems Builder)...:D :D

Time to go into hiding I think... :peeky

Thanks for another great competition Ada, it certainly created some interest with grown men doing a running commentary..... is it possible we can delete all the posts now so people won't know...:laugh :laugh

roma
21st May 2006, 09:57
is it possible we can delete all the posts now so people won't know...:laugh :laugh

Please nooooo .... I didn't get to watch it, but this thread is a great second best. Can't you just change your names instead
:D

bigcumba
21st May 2006, 10:59
well done Chris.... now how are you going to tell your mates you won a Eurovision competition? :yikes:

Fadetoblack
21st May 2006, 12:05
In my day we rewarded runners up with a consolation prize! :wink

Well done Chris and thanks again Ada.

sparkyminer
21st May 2006, 12:11
Well done Chris. I'm happy with mid-table mediocrity after just blindly making my selections.:)

mathare
21st May 2006, 13:23
The following people should all be embarrassed as they lost to a random number generator:

Peza, Vegy, Hudsonmat, Wayne, Scaaty, Roma, Sparky

Iron Chris should also be very embarassed as he won the thing!

Well done on the comp Ada, very well run. I even sat through all of Eurovision last night because I had entered this. Amazing the number of Shakira soundalikes that are out there. And one of them was a bit Spice Girls-esque.

Gotta love Finland's entry though :laugh

Ruby
21st May 2006, 16:55
Well done Chris, :D

TheGoodGuy
21st May 2006, 19:12
No stewards enquiries about the scoring, so...

FAO Iron Chris...

Do you want your £20 Amazon eVoucher prize sent to the Email address you used for the Eurovision game?
If not please Email me at the Euro address with an alternative.

Awaiting your decision...

Ada.

Iron Chris
21st May 2006, 19:41
That will be fine Ada and much appreciated...:)

Thanks again for running another excellent competition.

The wife is more of a BB expert than me, so will probably rope her in on that one, though we haven't seen much of it yet..:wink

TheGoodGuy
21st May 2006, 20:39
On its way Chris...

Should be with you any time soon...

And that concludes the Win2Win Eurovision Game 2006.

Thanks to all of you for taking part.

Regards

Ada.