PDA

View Full Version : Elbarto's World Cup Tips

Elbarto
9th June 2006, 16:11
Right its footie world cup time. So i thought id do some daily selections for the duration of the world cup.

Ill start off with a €100 bank and hope i wont be bankrupt before the end of the weekend.

€35 Germany to beat Costa Rica 2/7

Elbarto
10th June 2006, 13:32
So yesterdays win brings the bank up to €110

Todays bets

€10.50 double England to beat Paraguay (4/7) and Sweden to beat Trinidad & Tobago (1/4)

€17.50 England (4/7) to beat Paraguay

Elbarto
11th June 2006, 00:39
Hmm a bit of a queer result there with Sweden being held. The Irish commentators jinxed it at half time, with one saying surely this isnt going to be one of those boring 0-0 draws where one team has all the possession but doesnt score.

Anyways, a huge loss on todays bets resulting in a 50cent decrease in the bank which now stands at €109.50.

Right with three matches tomorrow its time to mix things up a bit. As much as i like mexico as a soccer outfit, ive got a nagging feeling Iran are gonna do an Ecuador and win or a T&T and hold out for a draw so ill side step this match. Now we look at Serbia & Montenegro vs Holland, this match for me another no bet, as how can you bet against a team which only conceded 1 goal in 10qualifying matches, this is a tough match and Group C is the group of death which i think people should avoid betting on like the plague. This leaves me with only one choice for tomorrow Portugal.
Slim price on offer here so im gonna throw it in with a few GAA matches to beef up the price of the 3 short odds on offer. So..

Im going for a nice little treble here. €9.50 stake on.
Armagh to beat Fermanagh (1/4)
Cork to beat Limerick (2/7)
Portugal to beat Angola (1/3)

For every €1 bet it returns €2.14. So every little helps here

wb
11th June 2006, 12:47
Armagh to beat Fermanagh (1/4)
Cork to beat Limerick (2/7)
Portugal to beat Angola (1/3)

Some good picks there elbarto. I may do this treble myself. I'd reckon the gaa bets are safe enough.

Elbarto
11th June 2006, 22:55
Some good picks there elbarto. I may do this treble myself. I'd reckon the gaa bets are safe enough.

Famous last words. My treble was dead by 4 o clock which made watching Cork and Portugal win even more hard, after armagh drew with fermanagh, very good match and if im brutally honest it was a match neither deserved to lose. Well i suppose thats what i get for mixing sports. Ill have some new bets in the morning, as is the case when results that should go your way dont, you get doubts over things you wouldnt normally seem certain so ill have a good nights sleep and try get this bank off its ::swear::swear::swear::swear and into some profit.

New bank €100

Elbarto
13th June 2006, 13:32
Time to start winning again.

€10 South Korea to beat Togo (1/1)
€25 Brazil to beat Croatia (2/5)

Elbarto
14th June 2006, 13:19
Good results yesterday so onto today.

Spain against the Ukraine will be a cracker, cant see spain losing this one, but they more often then not fail to deliver on the big stage. This means the match will probably end up a draw but im not gonna risk a bet in this match.

Tunisia should beat Saudi Arabia, since the Saudis dont allow their players to become professionals outside their own country and as a result have no european experience.
Germany face their neighbours Poland this evening, and old rivalries tend to produce some good football. This match moreso, as Poland need to get a result against germany to have a chance of qualifying. However Germany have a lethal strikeforce going forward, and can afford to adopt the approach you score one goal we will score two, you score two we will score three and so on.

So todays bet, minimum stakes
€5 double
Tunisia to beat Saudi Arabia (10/11)
Germany to beat Poland (4/7)

Bank €115

Elbarto
14th June 2006, 23:25
Hmmm seems to be every second day for me to make some money. The match i thought could be tricky (spain vs ukraine) ended up being one sided and the one sided game ended up being a tricky draw (tunisia vs saudi arabia). Well tomorrow will bring some new selections and hopefully a few winners.

Bank remains at €115

Elbarto
15th June 2006, 10:10
Time for todays selections

€11 Ecuador to beat Costa Rica (10/11)
€10 Sweden to beat Paraguay (1/1)

Elbarto
16th June 2006, 13:18
Good day yesterday with both results coming in.

New Bank €135

Todays bet just a double

Argentina take on the Serbia & Montenegro, in what is one of two high octane matches today. Argentina won their first match and were one of two or three teams that had a gameplan stuck to it and carried out what they needed to impressively. There is talk of unrest in the Serbia & Montenegro camp after their first match defeat to Holland. The players questioned their managers tactics and substitutions, which aint a good sign, they are also missing one of their star defenders in vidic as he has been ruled out of the rest of the competition with injury. Should be a good match but Argentina shouldnt lose.

Holland versus Ivory Coast could be a banana skin for Holland. They may have been lured into a false sense of security with their win over Sebia, but serbia could have done a lot better. No bet here, as it could be 6 of one half a dozen of the others.

Mexico against Angola. Mexico beat Iran in their first match as expected and now move onto a bit stiffer competition. They are missing their striker Borgetti but still have a good front line. Angola like serbia questioned their managers tactics and subs after the last match, and looks like the manager will stick with the 4-5-1 he played in the first match despite calls from his striker that he needs support. Should be a Mexico win here.

So todays bet.

€10 double
Argentina to beat Serbia and Montenegro (8/15)
Mexico to beat Angola (4/9)

Elbarto
17th June 2006, 09:21
Bank €125

Todays bets

€20 double
Portugal to beat Iran (2/5)
Italy to beat USA (1/2)

€40 single
Italy to beat USA (1/2)

Elbarto
17th June 2006, 21:52
Well thats a cock up if i ever saw one.

New Bank €65

Elbarto
18th June 2006, 13:36
Need a bit of a boost today after yesterdays disaster. Tempted to empty the bank on Croatia to beat Japan, but sense prevailed and im only having a small bet.

€15 Croatia to beat Japan

Elbarto
19th June 2006, 10:48
OK weekend is over time to turn over a new leaf and start winning some more.

Im gonna go kamikaze style to try and stabilise things (famous last words i fear). SO

€50 double
Switzerland to beat Togo (1/2)
Spain to beat Tunisia (4/11)

Fadetoblack
19th June 2006, 11:04
I think I might do this but it could be worth going half time full time on these. In the Swiss game you'd have to stongly fancy the toblerone guys because of the massive amount of unrest in the Togo camp. And then Spain should really do away with Tunisia with ease.

Elbarto
19th June 2006, 12:29
I think I might do this but it could be worth going half time full time on these. In the Swiss game you'd have to stongly fancy the toblerone guys because of the massive amount of unrest in the Togo camp. And then Spain should really do away with Tunisia with ease.

Thats what i felt. I heard somewhere as well that the swiss were gonna come out and show they are as good going forward as they were defending against france. Spain, might be desceptive, Ukraine under performed massively but hopefully Aragonnes will keep his players on the ground and they wont think they have to show up to win like Italy did against the US

Elbarto
19th June 2006, 22:21
Wahey finally a result. When Tunisia took the lead and Spain couldnt seem to hit the back of the net i started thinking here we go again, but this result is good for many reasons. Itll boost spains belief that they can come back when losing against teams and they played some marvellous football. Good signs for the knockout stages.

New bank €102.27

Elbarto
22nd June 2006, 14:27
Kamikaze betting will come into full affect for the knockout matches, so until then im afraid its just a small bet today.

€5 double
Ghana to beat USA (1/1)
Italy to beat Czech Rep (10/11)

Elbarto
23rd June 2006, 00:47
I thought this bet had chance not a great one but a chance, and it paid off.

New Bank €116.36

wb
23rd June 2006, 01:27
Good Man elbarto.

Don't forget to leave the gaa (especailly the dubs) out of this :)

Elbarto
23rd June 2006, 11:31
Good Man elbarto.

Don't forget to leave the gaa (especailly the dubs) out of this :)

LOL i was just thinking what good GAA bets there are this weekend. And if i could double up on anything. Dublin should beat Laois, and are therefore good value at 8/11. But my big fancy is Cork to beat Tipp, short at 2/7 but thats better then my local bookies who both have cork at 1/5 which is what they should be for the match. Ill have a think and see what good soccer bets there are this weekend and if i can double up with any gaa to make it really interesting.

Elbarto
24th June 2006, 12:00
Right the knockout stages of the world cup start today so time for knockout betting. Im going for all or nothing from this stage on. I would say to a few peoples dismay im gonna mix up the bets again, with GAA and World Cup. Germany will probably beat Sweden, and England will probably beat Ecuador, but with knockout betting i dont want any doubts with the bets.

€100 double

Argentina to beat Mexico (2/5)
Cork to beat Tipperary (2/7)

Any opinions are most definitely welcome

Elbarto
24th June 2006, 21:56
O so very very cruel. Argentina score a legit goal in the 91st minute but the linesman rules it out for offside when he was onside. Well thats me as good as finished. Argentina didnt deserve to win, but in this business its results that matters not who deserves to win or lose.

New bank €16.36

Elbarto
24th June 2006, 22:05
Why couldnt he have done that in normal time

Elbarto
27th June 2006, 15:00
Ok fighting a losing battle here but sure if i could somehow manage to break even it would be hilarious so

€16.36 on Brazil -1 goal to beat Ghana 1.84

Fadetoblack
27th June 2006, 15:47
I think the 2nd round has ben very cagey. To small stakes I've gone for a draw/win with both matches today. Brazil and Spain. (Don't mean to hijack your thread El)

Elbarto
27th June 2006, 18:00
No problem fade. Well Brazil won, they still aint hit top gear yet but havent been tested to do so, so far. I know everyone is talking about Argentina but i think brazil will win the world cup.

Anyway return from todays match was €30.10

So on to tonights match, my head and any sense i have is saying spain will win this, but somethings naggin me saying france could snatch victory. But im gonna go with head over naggin and

€30.10 Spain to qualify for next round at 4/6

Fadetoblack
27th June 2006, 18:01
And i'll be giving up!

Elbarto
27th June 2006, 22:09
Ok moral of the story is if you get a nagging feeling go with it. This is probably nothing but I just saw the list of quarter final matches and the 4 winners jumped outta me.
Argentina, England, Italy, France. Time will probably tell but more than likely its the lack of fresh air.