PDA

View Full Version : HTML Code Switched Off

TheGoodGuy
5th July 2006, 00:21
Keith,

Is there a reason why HTML code is now set to 'off' in all the forums?
I have an HTML table in the 'Pub Trivia' forum which now cannot be viewed properly.
Vegy also has one in the 'Off Topic' forum, I believe, as well.

Any chance of having this facility switched back on, if possible please...

Regards

Ada.

MarcusMel
5th July 2006, 00:36
Could be that having the html code switched on was how the site was hacked. Personally I would have thought php code was more dangerous.

GlosRFC
5th July 2006, 00:38
It was definitely a PHP hack, not an HTML hack. Keith did mention that he was doing an update of files during the past week, so I suspect he's just forgotten to enable the HTML option.

Win2Win
5th July 2006, 08:45
No, it is disabled, after having spoken with vBulletin. Having it on is an extremely high security risk, and I'm plugging all the holes I can. Spent all Monday updating the server scripts, what a pain that is!

Only way to do it at the moment is to screen print it, or link to an external page.

I am working on a 'usergroup' mod to allow trusted users HTML access, but may take a few days, as it never worked the first time, and I'm out all day today.

Win2Win
5th July 2006, 14:28
Script is currently under test. If it's OK by tonight, those who are trusted shall have it switched on for them. Your Forum Title will change.

Win2Win
5th July 2006, 22:02
HTML is now switched on for those I consider require it. If anyone else needs it, pm/email me.

TheGoodGuy
5th July 2006, 23:36
Many thanks Keith...

Much appreciated.

Ada.

GlosRFC
7th July 2006, 03:26
I don't seem to have a PM option any more....bah!

sparkyminer
7th July 2006, 07:23
You don't appear to be a member anymore.:yikes: :)

Win2Win
7th July 2006, 08:09
You do now :)

vegyjones
7th July 2006, 08:10
That's better :D

vegyjones
7th July 2006, 08:11
How else would I solve the Volvo hunt thingy! :laugh

GlosRFC
7th July 2006, 12:15
You do now :)

Cheers m'dear :D