PDA

View Full Version : Ada's eSafeTBall Game 3 - RULES

TheGoodGuy
28th August 2006, 13:23
The eSafe has been upgraded and now has an 8 character combination comprising of 7 numbers (from 1 through to 0) & 1 letter (A, B, C, D or E) required to open it.

Rules:

The eSafe will initially contain £10.
(Please note: The eSafe contents will not fall below this amount.)

14 different people will be required to register to start the game.
Each person will be allocated a number between 1 & 14.
This number will correspond to one of the 14 ‘National Lottery’ Thunderballs..

People will remain ‘owners’ of their Thunderball number for as long as it takes for their number to be drawn in the Wednesday & Saturday Thunderball draws.
After the first draw, people may ‘own’ a maximum of 2 Thunderball numbers at any time.

Once a Thunderball draw has taken place:

The owner of the drawn Thunderball now has the opportunity to post an 8 character combination of their choice (7 numbers & 1 letter) to try and open the eSafe.

I will respond to the chosen combination by stating how many characters have been guessed correctly followed by how many of those are actually in the correct position of the combination sequence, ie “You have correctly named 3 characters, of which 1 is in the correct position of the combination sequence.”

If the chosen combination fails to open the eSafe, the drawn Thunderball now becomes available for possible new ownership.

The new owner will be the first person to correctly answer a question that I will post on the "eSAFE3 QUESTION" thread.

The amount of money in the eSafe will change from draw to draw according to the following rules:

RULE 1.
Each time the drawn Thunderball matches one of the Main balls drawn, the monetary equivalent value of the Thunderball will be ADDED to the total in the eSafe.

RULE 2.
Each time consecutively drawn Thunderballs are either both odd or even, the monetary equivalent value of the most recently drawn Thunderball will be DEDUCTED from the total in the eSafe.
However….
Each time consecutively drawn Thunderballs alternate odd/even or even/odd, the monetary equivalent value of the most recently drawn Thunderball will be ADDED to the total in the eSafe

NOTE:
The above rules are used to determine the amount in the eSafe that will be up for grabs in the NEXT draw, NOT the amount currently being played for.

The only exceptions to this are:

If your name is highlighted in the list of ‘owners’ and your Thunderball is drawn, and you correctly post the combination to open the eSafe, a 50% bonus will be added to the eSafe contents.

If you fail to open the eSafe, the game continues as normal.

Penalties

1.The eSafe contents will be immediately REDUCED by £10 every time someone posts a combination when they are NOT entitled to and ALSO if they FAIL to post a combination by the required deadline when it IS their turn to do so.
(If someone knows that they won't be able to post a combination for whatever reason, I will waive the penalty ONLY if they let the other players know in advance that they are not available.
If this is done, then the next Thunderball owner in the list will have the responsibility of posting their own choice of combination & will net the prize should they succeed in cracking the combination.)

2.The eSafe contents will be immediately REDUCED by £10 every time someone posts MORE THAN ONE answer to a question to gain ownership of a Thunderball.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I will shortly be posting a "Register" thread to allow you to claim ownership of your Thunderball number (first come first served) or alternatively I will allocate you a number by 'lucky dip' if you prefer.

Good Luck

Ada.

John
28th August 2006, 14:00
Looking good Ada! :)

Can I just ask a question..... if somebody is ill, or on holiday, or can not make it to the forum for an otherwise reason, and their thunderball is drawn, what will happen? I assume £10 is deducted as per Penalties (1), but just thought I'd ask to make sure.

Thanks in advance.

TheGoodGuy
28th August 2006, 14:12
John,

Good point.

If someone knows that they won't be able to post a combination for whatever reason, I will waive the penalty ONLY if they let the other players know in advance that they are not available.
If this is done, then the next Thunderball owner in the list will have the responsibility of posting their own choice of combination & will net the prize if they should succeed in cracking the combination.
Otherwise, the penalty stands, I'm afraid.

(I'll add this to the RULES thread.)

Regards

Ada.

John
28th August 2006, 15:19
That's a fair way of doing it. :)

Just to let you know then, I'm on holiday between Friday 8th and Wednesday 13th September, so won't have access to the forum... and it's doubtful I'll be around on the Thursday 7th beforehand either. :)

vegyjones
28th August 2006, 15:23
No MSN either John!

If you have a mobile, we can exchange texts if your number comes up!

markwales
2nd September 2006, 16:42
Ada - not sure if this question can be answered or not.

Is the combination 7 numbers with a letter at the end? or could the letter by anywhere within the combination?

Just want to ensure understanding before we start :D

TheGoodGuy
2nd September 2006, 17:20
Hi Mark,

The combination is made up of SEVEN digits - 1 through to 0, and ONE letter - A, B, C, D or E.
DIGITS in the combination can occur more than once in the combination sequence.
The LETTER can appear in ANY position in the combination sequence.

Ada. :)