PDA

View Full Version : New Record - £874.40

Win2Win
29th August 2006, 20:20
£874.40

:ooo That's what today's FREE Win2Win placepot paid.

Did anyone do it?

presto
29th August 2006, 20:25
if you would have told me this yesturday - then i would have:splapme

roma
29th August 2006, 22:33
I don't even know what a placepot is. :(

peza2605
29th August 2006, 22:34
nor do i!

Iron Chris
29th August 2006, 22:41
Pick a horse to be placed in the first six races at a meeting. 1st 2nd 3rd or 4th depending on the number of runners..:)

It is done by the Tote I think and if you get a line up you win a share of the pot for that meeting. You can pick more than one horse per race but it increases the number of lines & your stake.

This may be of more help.... http://www.win2win.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=15042

AngieS
29th August 2006, 22:48
I like placepots I can usually get them in, most people go for favs but if you can get them beat you have a good chance of getting a few bob, ie if there's only three runners I do them all and perm them up and prey and hope fav gets beat.

The best one I got in was at Goodwood a few years ago for £1.20 and it paid £585.00 and won £702.00.

My boss got a placepot in at Stratford I think paid £4000 plus and it wasn't won at the course and got paid for a place acca.

Merlin
30th August 2006, 04:01
My boss got a placepot in at Stratford I think paid £4000 plus and it wasn't won at the course and got paid for a place acca.

Something not quite right there Angie:yikes:

If there was a declared dividend (£4000 plus) someone must have won it, either on course or from one of the official tote pool terminals in the bookies (which counts as on course anyway)...

The only other explanation is that he/she did it wiith an unscrupulous, mickey mouse bookie, masquerading the bet as a tote placepot bet, when in fact it wasnt....(small bookies used to do this....then pay, consolations if the pool wasnt won, or for near misses).....But if as you indicate, there was a declared dividend, your boss has been robbed...:yikes:

Merlin
30th August 2006, 04:01
Oh..well done Keith...:laugh

ardleyboy
30th August 2006, 08:16
Me me Me !!! I did it, but only to a 20p stake.

£174 - Kerchinnnngggg !! Cheers Keith

Win2Win
30th August 2006, 08:25
It's probably not profitable long term hence 'fun' in the title, but it does plod along with a 19% SR, and throw in the occassional biggie which as Ardleyboy will have noticed, will be buying a lot of beer :) So is sort of an investment with a small long term loss which pays for the fun part :)

AngieS
30th August 2006, 20:01
Merl (sorry I can't do the quote business it never works for me.) No it wasn't won full stop. I used to work for a small bookie at the time but was allowed to bet in our shop for small stakes, my boss the manager of the shop was jumping up and down with joy but also panicking about the payout. In those days because i had a car and he didn't used to send me round all the local bookies looking for best prices etc, but it was an evening meeting and could not do it in time.

We also found a local Ladbrokes manager who didn't know how to settle them when they were permed up, maybe something like 200 or more bets he used to send me to put them on and then said anything over whatever walk we used to make a nice few quid.

Win2Win
6th September 2006, 18:10
It's on a bit of a roll, £46.10 yesterday and £176.40 today :)

Fadetoblack
6th September 2006, 18:15
Tell you what. I'll do it tomorrow.

Win2Win
6th September 2006, 18:26
News Flash!!!

Win2Win apologises in advance for the sudden failure of the Fun Placepot starting tomorrow :rolleyes:

Fadetoblack
6th September 2006, 18:27
It's true, my involvement in these things generally sparks a sudden failure os said system.