PDA

View Full Version : Flat racing the lay’em system

jamierobertsona
1st September 2006, 20:42
Flat racing the lay’em system

I have just purchased the flat racing lay’em system from win2win. Just wondering, whats the best time to start laying on betfair as the prices change so much. The system says don’t lay over 10.5 but one horse could be 11.0 in the morning then the same horse could be 10.5 just before the race and vice versa.

Also, looking at the staking plan, in 5 years time it says you have to lay at over £1000. How can betfair match this amount?

Also, does anyone use this system?

Many thanks,

Jamie

mathare
1st September 2006, 20:48
Just wondering, whats the best time to start laying on betfair as the prices change so much. The system says don’t lay over 10.5 but one horse could be 11.0 in the morning then the same horse could be 10.5 just before the race and vice versa.I'd say pick a time and stick to it. If you can do each race in the 5 minutes before the off that is probably preferable. If not do them all at lunchtime or whatever. But consistency is the key here. Try and stick to doing them the same way (just before the off, at lunch, whenever) each day. And if a horse is above the cut-off when you come to place the bets strike it off the list and don't give it a second thought.

Also, looking at the staking plan, in 5 years time it says you have to lay at over £1000. How can betfair match this amount? Easily, is the answer to that one. Six-figure sums are matched on pretty much every UK race on Betfair. Getting matched won't be an issue, don't worry.

Also, does anyone use this system?Plenty of people on here use it :)

jamierobertsona
1st September 2006, 21:11
Thanks for your quick reply, but just getting back to my question of matching over £1000, the othe day I was laying a horse for £100 and only £75 got matched, then the same happened another day. The way I see it, if the ammount under the price was say £67, then if I tried laying at £100, £33 would be unmatched. Is this correct or am I missing something?

Jamie

mathare
1st September 2006, 21:16
Thanks for your quick reply, but just getting back to my question of matching over £1000, the othe day I was laying a horse for £100 and only £75 got matched, then the same happened another day. The way I see it, if the ammount under the price was say £67, then if I tried laying at £100, £33 would be unmatched. Is this correct or am I missing something?You're right, to an extent.

If the amount available at the odds you want is £67 then £33 will remain unmatched at that time. But it will remain in the system as an order at those odds so someone may still match it. If not you may need to increase your odds a notch to get the rest matched. It increases your average price so instead of getting £100 on at 3.35 you may find you actually get some on at 3.35 and some on at 3.40 and have average odds of 3.37 or something.

By laying in the 5 minutes or so before the off you should have time to get your orders matched or increase your odds if the backers just aren't biting. To get £1000 on shortly before the off isn't too much of a problem. Trying it early in the day is. And with £1000 you're probably better off putting on a few hundred quid at a time to try and get better odds on some of the stake

Win2Win
1st September 2006, 21:17
Just make sure there is plenty of money in the pink area for the horse, and lay it a point more to make sure it's all taken.