PDA

View Full Version : bet angel basic

jamierobertsona
11th October 2006, 12:30
Hi all

I am getting into this trading game using bet angel basic and understand the basic principles of how to trade. I watched the tutorial video from the bet angel website and it looked simple, they backed at 3.3 and layed at 3.05 making an easy profit. I have watched the price movment loads of times now just before the off like they did in the tutorial and not once have I seen this much change. I have seen very little price differences and have caught them, but the difference is so small the profit ends up been a few pence.

Because of this, I started looking at prices in the morning then again at lunchtime and again just before the off. there are some much bigger price differences doing it this way but it has been a gamble of whether to back or lay in the mornings. Some prices rise, some fall. I have looked at the graphs, how much money is on a particular horse and various other things, but just cant get it right.

Do any of you have any tips of how to predict the fall or rise of a price from morning to afternoon?

I know this is something i'm not going to get right everytime, but I would like to most times. Its just annoying if I back a horse in the morning at say 5.5 hoping the price will fall from the graph, then just before the off, the price is higher so I'm guaranteed a loss.

Look forward to your input

Many thanks!

Jamie

Win2Win
11th October 2006, 13:04
but the difference is so small the profit ends up been a few pence.
That's correct. And after a few months of proving you can consistenly make profitable trades at pence, you then move on to trading using a £200 stake to make the real money :)

I always trade at no more than 10 mins prior to the off, and bale out with 60-120 secs to go.

jamierobertsona
11th October 2006, 16:25
Thanks for that keith,

Just another bit of advice required please. Is it best to back or lay first when trading 10 mins before the off?

And what do you do to minimise your losses if when you do back or lay first, you dont get a trade within a couple of minutes to go before the off?

And do you generally trade the favourites because they usually have the most money so you would get a good chance of getting £200 matched like you said you would trade once experience gained.

Many thanks

Jamie

presto
11th October 2006, 16:28
you back or lay, depending on which way you predict the odd's will move (influenced by the WOM indicator).

Street cry
11th October 2006, 16:41
trading with bet ie is no cup of tea either , in fact now i prefer to complete the trade which ever way i see it in running so effectively i am hedging generally if your chosen selection is still in contention 2 3rds in then there is a more sufficent margin to trade off . the aforementioned is now more preferable to me than trading due to the low margins and the markets stagnation

Win2Win
11th October 2006, 17:34
I hit a high number of trades in a few minutes, and as long as it's a profitable figure at the end of the day I'm happy.

jamierobertsona
12th October 2006, 09:34
Message for keith, would you please give me advice on my second reply above regarding how to minimise losses if you dont get a trade a couple of mins before the off etc...

And, what is a WOM indicator?

Thanks

Jamie

Win2Win
12th October 2006, 10:27
You just trade out, and green up, you won't profit on every race.

presto
12th October 2006, 13:08
what is a WOM indicator

weight of money