PDA

View Full Version : Daily Fun Placepot

AnthoUK
31st October 2006, 10:25
Hi All,

New here and first post so apologies if it has been asked before. Have been reading the forums for a couple of weeks now, and using some of the free info. Getting close to signup time!

I have a question about the daily fun placepot. Do you have any stats for profit / loss on this? I can see all the winning results but not the losing ones. Just wondering if anyone had looked at a staking plan to make the placepots a profitable system?

Thanks all
Anthony

mathare
31st October 2006, 10:34
I have a question about the daily fun placepot. Do you have any stats for profit / loss on this? I can see all the winning results but not the losing ones. Just wondering if anyone had looked at a staking plan to make the placepots a profitable system?Welcome to the forum Anthony.

If I remember correctly the placepot is designed as a fun bet and the system is not designed to be profitable necessarily. Not to say that it is designed to make a loss either. It's to give you an interest in every race at a meeting and you may end up with a profit really. Generally speaking if a system won't be profitable at level stakes there is not a lot a staking plan can do to help. You're best off just playing to small stakes and enjoying the winnings as and when they come along.

Were you to signup you'd find a LOT of profitable advice as well as a huge number of tips. You could also look at the golden lays on the free page if you want some regular profits

AnthoUK
31st October 2006, 10:48
Welcome to the forum Anthony.

If I remember correctly the placepot is designed as a fun bet and the system is not designed to be profitable necessarily. Not to say that it is designed to make a loss either. It's to give you an interest in every race at a meeting and you may end up with a profit really. Generally speaking if a system won't be profitable at level stakes there is not a lot a staking plan can do to help. You're best off just playing to small stakes and enjoying the winnings as and when they come along.

Were you to signup you'd find a LOT of profitable advice as well as a huge number of tips. You could also look at the golden lays on the free page if you want some regular profits

Thanks for that. One question about the golden lays.. what percentage of the bank do you use as a stake?

A

mathare
31st October 2006, 10:56
Thanks for that. One question about the golden lays.. what percentage of the bank do you use as a stake?I wouldn't use more than 1% personally. That means you're risking up to 6.5% of your bank on each horse (cut-off at 7.5) if you use a fixed stake (rather than fixed liability) approach, which is what I recommend.

AnthoUK
31st October 2006, 12:31
Ok thanks, so I need to build a bank then!

sparkyminer
31st October 2006, 13:12
Ok thanks, so I need to build a bank then!

Not necessarily, if you use a bit of leverage. A £2 losing lay bet on a 7.5 winner will cost you £13. You don't need a £200 bank to do that, however, you don't need to be Kered either.

AnthoUK
31st October 2006, 23:56
Not necessarily, if you use a bit of leverage. A £2 losing lay bet on a 7.5 winner will cost you £13. You don't need a £200 bank to do that, however, you don't need to be Kered either.

Sorry, complete newbie question! kered?

A

sparkyminer
1st November 2006, 00:33
Sorry, complete newbie question! kered?

A

Kered now posts under the name of Improver, and is pretty poor at betting discipline. So he wouldn't, in my opinion, be able to run a system from scratch using bank leverage.:)

AnthoUK
1st November 2006, 09:16
Thanks!