PDA

View Full Version : Ada's Xmas Deal/No Deal esafe TBall Game

TheGoodGuy
6th November 2006, 14:17
In the run up to Christmas I'm looking for 14 players to take part in a normal eSafe Thunderball game but with a Deal or No Deal theme.

The provisional prize for opening the safe will be a minimum of £10.
Basically, once the combination has been cracked, the eSafe contains 14 boxes each of which contain amounts between £0 & £75:

5 will contain £0
3 will contain £5
1 will contain £10
1 will contain £15
1 will contain £20
1 will contain £30
1 will contain £50
1 will contain £75

Your box is the one corresponding to your chosen Thunderball number.
Once you have opened the safe you must remove your box & 1 other, thereby rejecting the other 12.
7 of these 12 will be opened revealing 7 amounts that you have rejected.
At this stage you will be offered the provisional prize amount to 'buy' your box from you.
You must decide to either "Deal" or "No Deal".

If you "No Deal" then the remaining 5 rejected boxes will be opened, which will leave you with your box & your other chosen one. By a process of elimination, the 2 remaining amounts will be known, but NOT which box they are in.

If the amounts in the boxes are different I will give you another "Deal" or "No Deal" offer to 'buy' your box from you.

If you "No Deal", then you may 'swap' your box with your other chosen box if you wish, open it, & win it's contents. Otherwise you will win the contents of your own box.

If the game attracts enough interest, then I would also be looking for a non-player to whom I would Email the contents of each of the boxes before the game starts, to ensure that fair play on my part is assured.
If players are happy to trust my integrity in running this game fairly without the need for a non-player, then please make your feelings known.

As it will be closer to Christmas when the safe is opened, I will be offering a small bonus prize for one of the remaining players, in true "Deal or No Deal" style.

Please register your interest (if any) here.
(And standby Vegy & Mat)....trying to get 14 interested players is normally quite a painful exercise.

I will post the full rules of the game later in the week.

Ada.

mathare
6th November 2006, 14:25
I'm interested - obviously.

And I trust you to run it fairly on your own :)

Iron Chris
6th November 2006, 14:28
As above...:wink

piggy
6th November 2006, 15:18
a well thought out competition ada, congratsm, i'll have a go as long as i'm not keeping any regulars out.

sparkyminer
6th November 2006, 15:29
Count me in please Ada.:)

vegyjones
6th November 2006, 15:39
I'm not interested!

AND IF YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU'LL BELIEVE ANYTHING :D

Make sure you add me to the list Ada! :wink

bigcumba
6th November 2006, 19:22
great idea again Ada, like the Deal / No Deal twist! Count me in as always :)

Fadetoblack
6th November 2006, 19:45
I'm in like Flynn.

scaaty
6th November 2006, 19:58
Count me in too please Ada :)

TheGoodGuy
7th November 2006, 21:56
Well...

8 of you interested so far......6 more of you needed.

I have set the eSafe's 8 character combination:- 7 digits (1-0) & 1 letter (A,B,C,D or E), and....
......I have also randomly allocated the 14 cash amounts to the 14 Thunderball numbers in hopeful anticipation of starting the game on Saturday (11th) evening........

......so once again....it's over to you, Mat & Vegy, to drum up the last 6 players, using your tried & tested persuasive PR skills :wink .

In the mean time, the rest of you may now choose your Thunderball number (first come first served) by posting here, otherwise I will allocate you a number on a purely random basis should you decide not to choose your own.

Ada.

markwales
7th November 2006, 22:22
Sounds Sooper Dooper :D

Count me in please Ada!

vegyjones
7th November 2006, 22:39
number 2!

Iron Chris
7th November 2006, 23:01
Number 3 Please Ada...:)

Come on everyone, Ada puts a lot of time and effort into these games as well as his hard earned. Not only will you have some fun playing the game but you might just win yourself some FREE CASH as well...:D

bigmazey
8th November 2006, 00:33
Hi Ada,

I would like a go if possible. Sound like a bit of fun. Could I have Number 8 please.

scaaty
8th November 2006, 00:42
Number 9 for me please :)

bigcumba
8th November 2006, 00:42
I'll have number 14 again please Ada

Fadetoblack
8th November 2006, 00:50
Numero uno please Ada

Mattw07
8th November 2006, 01:10
if u still need people i will play plz ada, any numbers lucky for me :)

vegyjones
8th November 2006, 01:31
3 More Places Left!!!

sparkyminer
8th November 2006, 10:30
Number 6 please Ada.:)

plater
8th November 2006, 11:13
I'll have a bash at this please Ada if thats OK.

If so Number 5 please :)

TheGoodGuy
8th November 2006, 20:03
Come on guys & gals, we're nearly there.......just 2 more players needed.

Mattw07.....you have opted for a randomly chosen Thunderball......
....Mathare, Piggy & Markwales.......I will randomly allocate your Thunderball numbers unless you specify otherwise.

I will post the rules tomorrow (Thursday) night.

Ada.

TheOldhamWhisper
8th November 2006, 20:29
I'll take 13 please.

markwales
8th November 2006, 20:32
Number 8 please Ada

vegyjones
8th November 2006, 20:36
Who Will Claim The Last Place??????????????

mathare
8th November 2006, 20:38
Random is good for me Ada :)

TheGoodGuy
8th November 2006, 21:13
Markwales

I'm afraid you can't have No. 8.......Bigmazey has already bagged it.

Numbers left up for grabs: 4, 7, 10, 11 & 12.

1 more player needed!!!

Ada.

TheGoodGuy
9th November 2006, 00:55
Come on....sooooooooo close now...

Only 1 more player needed for the game to start on Saturday night.

Ada.

bigcumba
9th November 2006, 11:24
come on you lot only one more person needed, anyone care to enlighten us as to why we have way over 200 active members on the forum, yet it's a struggle to get 14 folk to join a fun game to win free money? :splapme

Fadetoblack
9th November 2006, 12:09
La-Zy-Ness.

vegyjones
9th November 2006, 12:39
Because Ada's on their ignore list :laugh :peeky

vegyjones
9th November 2006, 13:45
COME ON.

ONE PERSON, YOU COULD WIN A FAIR FEW BOB!

Then you can have a clebration :party

And buy a few X-mas prezzies with the dosh!

wb
9th November 2006, 16:33
I'd like to enter, but I dont watch that thunderball thing, or deal or no deal, so I dont really understand it all.

A free competition is always good though.

mathare
9th November 2006, 16:40
I'd like to enter, but I dont watch that thunderball thing, or deal or no deal, so I dont really understand it all.

A free competition is always good though.Wayne, ever played the Mastermind game with a code you need to break? That's all it is.

You don't need to watch any lottery draws or any Noel Edmonds shows - I promise. You just need to guess the combination that unlocks a safe, the contents of which are variable depending on certain things but that can all be explained in greater detail if you manage to crack open the safe.

Why not be in with a shout for some free cash anyway? It's mostly just a guessing game with a bit of logic thrown in now and then. You'll do fine :)

wb
9th November 2006, 16:41
Grand so. Give me whatever number is left ada.

vegyjones
9th November 2006, 16:44
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

:icon_tong

bigcumba
9th November 2006, 19:18
that's a crap space invaders game you posted there Vegy, I can't kill any of the buggers!

vegyjones
9th November 2006, 21:43
:laugh

What about now? :D

bigcumba
9th November 2006, 22:32
:laugh that gun's firing blanks, no matter what way I play with it...

TheGoodGuy
9th November 2006, 23:18
OK everyone......

Game on.
We have the 14 players needed for the game to start on Saturday evening.
Thanks to you all for taking part.

You have either chosen your own or been randomly allocated your Thunderball number & corresponding 'box', which means......

1 of you has a number/box worth £75. Will you be lucky enough to crack the safe's combination & not be tempted to "Deal" for a smaller amount or opt to swap your number/box?

Conversely, 5 of you have numbers/boxes worth absolutely nothing. Will one of you be lucky enough to crack the safe's combination and have that instinctive gut feeling to swap your number/box for one containing substantially more?

If you aren't sure how the game is played please take a moment to read the game RULES thread.

Good Luck to you all

Ada.

vegyjones
9th November 2006, 23:19
Initial thought!

My box is worthless!