PDA

View Full Version : cricket - the ashes

presto
16th November 2006, 13:44
i cannot see anything other than an aussi win here. now i am not a big cricket bettor, and don't often use phrases like 'nailed on' or 'dead cert' but failing to use that sort of language i am stuck for words.

1.2 for a sereise win looks pretty good - i was expecting possibly between 1.10-1.15 though looking back at the price graph 1.40 was available early on, not sure when this massive value was available - but can only assume it was the market was put up just after the last ashes.

can anyone think of any reason what so ever not to back the aussies big?

mathare
16th November 2006, 13:53
Nope, the Aussies should win this one easily but personally I don't fancy having a wodge locked up in a long-term market like this one so I'll be chasing profits on a per-match basis, most likely on the spreads and through trades on the exchanges

presto
16th November 2006, 13:56
trading could be a bit difficult on this one mat - with the time difference.

mathare
16th November 2006, 13:58
trading could be a bit difficult on this one mat - with the time difference.I have already thought of that. I have a few ideas such as using bots to place orders

presto
16th November 2006, 14:11
don't they suspend / cancle all bets once a wicket falls?
it could be an idea to set the alarm for early morning once the days play comes to an end - then place a bet / lay - in the speculative knowledge that the british public will over react when they wake up and read there morning paper.

GOLDEN BALL OF INFO - doing this on next manager market works very well, - just watch sky sports news late at night where they show the morning papar sports headlines. when the public read them in the morning there is nearly always an over reaction, and a good trade :wink

mathare
16th November 2006, 14:20
don't they suspend / cancle all bets once a wicket falls?No. The market goes in-running at the start of play but after that it is not suspended till the end of the match. Unmatched bets aren't cancelled. I have often used the Betfair markets to tell when a wicket has fallen before the desktop scoreboards have caught up.

presto
16th November 2006, 14:26
could be a bit risky if they don't suspend, as i am sure we will have a big picture delay over here, though thinking about it it will just be the same delay as any other sky vs terestrial picture, as long as they have a 5 second (or so) delay in placing bets it should be ok.

vegyjones
16th November 2006, 14:28
Is it 5 or 6 tests?

Aussies to win series 4 or 5-0! Add 1 if 6 tests!
We're going to get slaughtered!

presto
16th November 2006, 14:31
5 tests,

vegyjones
16th November 2006, 14:48
I seem to remember the ashes always being 6 tests!

And every 2 years,

not 18 months like it has been since the last!

vegyjones
5th January 2007, 12:22
Aussies to win series 4 or 5-0!
We're going to get slaughtered!

Just to show, that I'm I'm not a totally useless tipper! :D

Win2Win
5th January 2007, 12:47
It was close though :ooo

sparkyminer
5th January 2007, 13:04
Just to show, that I'm I'm not a totally useless tipper! :D

That was the same as predicting that it will get dark tonight.:)