PDA

View Full Version : 5% Today, that's the Challenge!

Godspot
3rd December 2006, 01:58
Just a warning to all our less experienced members:

The 'loss chasing' method of staking employed here is seriously dangerous and you should be aware that you could easily lose the full £1000 in one day trying to make that first 5% profit. - TOW

Using the same staking method, I feel confident of 5%'ing your money today. If one of the first two races shows a win, I will hopefully 10% it by continuing up until Asian Maze. I don't feel too confident of going on after that race unless I can continue through to Monday. So, if Asian Maze is the first winner, stop (5%), if she's the second winner, stop (10%). If she don't win there is always the 'Diamond' in the 3.00, have u seen the jockey stats?

12.35 Fairy, Django, Noted (9/2 fc) & well h’capped. Has form with some in the Drinmore later.

12.40 Warw, In form trnr, fresh hrse, CD, BF & Sam Thomas on 10-05, Darkshape 8/1fc

1.00 Kelso, According To John, Noted, ‘bout the only one this side of the water. & the form got a timely boost by Royal Rosa – more of a cert than Kauto! 2 & 8 a couple of EW’s. No Bet

1.30 Kelso, I was considering Tin Healy’s Pass 7/2f fc) but these are donkeys & I would rather be on in the next race. No Bet

1.35 Fairy, 7/11 Noted, Anothercoppercoast (12/1 fc)’s trnr has 50% sr with chasers here but then do McCoy/Walsh (30+%) but they’re ½ the price & I like the way this one fin his last race – cld be Nap. So that’s the end of that!

1.40 Warw, A King’s s/r bttr than others & Risk Runner is 6/s fc.

2.00 Kelso, Ever Present (9/4f fc) joc/trnr stats OK. No bet I'd rather be on below...

2.05 Fairy, Brave Inca (9/4fc) & Asian Maze (4/5f fc), Noted. I’d agree with Spolight on this & may bank on the mare.

2.10 Warw, fav, may leave this

2.40 War, trnr of Natoumba (4/s fc)shld know what he needs to bt Killards Point.

3.00 Kelso, 2 of the jocks in btting 1st 3 have a 0/50 w/r ratio in hdles here, so the 3/1fc about Scarvagh Diamond looks the value..

3.05 Fairy, Perce Rock, Noted (3/1f fc) & McCoy. Franklins Trail, with Ruby looks interesting but this race looks a bit hot for a Newbie!

3.30 Kelso, Int newcomer, Leslingtaylor 9/4fc. No Bet, just one to watch..

vegyjones
3rd December 2006, 02:42
It would be beneficial if you kept related posts all in one thread!

And just so you are aware, text speak is pretty annoying on forums :D

Win2Win
3rd December 2006, 09:37

And just so you are aware, text speak is pretty annoying on forums :D

So you type in riddles to annoy us then? :wink

bigcumba
3rd December 2006, 12:52
Using the same staking method,

::swear ;fire :censored: some folk never learn.... no one but no one should ever entertain a loss chasing staking plan. You will lose your money sooner rather than later.

TheOldhamWhisper
3rd December 2006, 13:28
I've made a small edit to the original post.

bigcumba
3rd December 2006, 14:00
I've made a small edit to the original post.

nicely done :)

mathare
3rd December 2006, 14:14
To be fair (I must be getting soft in my old age!), this is a mythical grand challenge so if Godspot wants to use dodgy staking plans he is more than welcome to. This may serve as a cheap warning to him and prove that the loss chasing plan is high risk financial suicide.

sparkyminer
3rd December 2006, 15:15
I've got to agree with Mat here. When I did my £1000 challenge, the staking was suicidal but I managed to get to £5000 without too much fuss.:)

vegyjones
3rd December 2006, 15:18
If we read your threads, someone might have intervened! :laugh

sparkyminer
3rd December 2006, 15:21
If we read your threads, someone might have intervened! :laugh

Just check out the Wall of Fame and the Wall of Shame.:wink :happyboun

vegyjones
3rd December 2006, 15:24
:(

I'll have you know, it toook a lot of effort to be the inaugral member of the wall of shame :mad:

Godspot
3rd December 2006, 15:41
As far as I am concerned, I'm home & hosed with your 5% after Risk Runner, now there is no Asian Maze to bank on, I'm closed for the day.

Sorry, I am still working out this set-up & sorry, I do use a lot of abbreviations in my notes, I have done since the pen & ink days, I'm still trapped in a mentality that figures that as long as I can understand it - it's alright. I'll bear it mind in the future...

Did anyone get the 50/s on Dark Cove, noted as an EW prospect in According To John's race?

some folk never learn.... no one but no one should ever entertain a loss chasing staking plan. You will lose your money sooner rather than later.

You sound like a man of no faith, your words will fall on deaf ears... You really think I haven't been here before in my 18 years worth of 2 hours a day studying form etc? Back in the winter of 1990 when i really did have £1k & ran the same system, racing was abandoned, I turned my attention to the dogs & lost the lot. Mate, this is supposed to be a fun Mythical Challenge...If I was being serious I would probably split your £1k & have two horses in some races. If I was being serious with a real £1k, I'd probably go for 3%. I shall continue & let's just see how long it takes but right now your £1k is 15% more & like I said, Saturday was a bad day. To be honest I'm quite chuffed that we can survive a run of 7 losers - I certainly don't intend going on them very often - it all depends on the racing.

They'll have to re-schedule the Drinmore, surely?

vegyjones
3rd December 2006, 15:45
This coming Wednesday!

wb
3rd December 2006, 15:47

Yep, they are going to run the 3 grade 1's on Wednesday :)

wb
3rd December 2006, 15:47
Got there before me vegy!

bigcumba
3rd December 2006, 16:21
You sound like a man of no faith, your words will fall on deaf ears

as long as those deaf ears are only yours... like we said the warnings are to make sure less experienced folk don't try this sort of staking for themselves with real cash. If you could calm down with the 'I'm wonderful and you should all be doing this or you're losing out' sort of attitude, that would certainly be appreciated. As for having no faith...well what do you expect, I'm very cynical about anyone who comes on here boasting that they'll make us all rich if we follow their selections. We don't know you, but given time and hopefully results, things may change!

Street cry
3rd December 2006, 19:42
loss recovery can be utilised to good effect but you need large resources and a strong knowledge of te maths of it all . You may not go bust i have done it for periods before and made it pay , but u willprobably decide that the poi is not worth it long term . I will also say that it is only fair to give as much warning as possible for the sake of the people who are not au feit with things

Godspot
4th December 2006, 03:05
Today I'm going to try & 5% your money in one race.

12.50 Chaninbar has only gone down to some of the seasons best juveniles & is now fresh again. It will take a genuine Triumph contender to lower his colours today, if there is one is this field it can only be, JP McManus’s, Saddler’s Wells filly, Malakiya.
1.20 Altay, Noted 9/4fc & Royal Shake, Noted for hrdles, 10/11f fc
1.50 Top wght/top sp fig, Allaboveboard, 3/s fc.

2.20 This race shld easily be between Le Seychellios 5/s fc & Cool Roxy 11/4f fc.

We shld get 3/1 a piece I'll have 2.5% on each to win 10% & hence profiting your 5%.

Cheers then...

Win2Win
4th December 2006, 09:35
Is this an eyesight test? :)

vegyjones
4th December 2006, 11:57
You'll never guess who I bumped into at Specsavers...

...everyone! :peeky (Multiple joke usage bad... :ermmm )

Godspot
5th December 2006, 14:00
I'm afraid I'm going to have to abort this Challenge lark for the time being, I'm developing a system to do with handicaps. I've made some selections for today but haven't got time to incorporate a stake plan. When you see (+??) after a horse it has something to do with this new system. It will be interesting to see how they get on. I will shortly start badgering the Systems bit of this Forum because I think I'm on to something.

12.40 Font, well if anyone ‘s going to trouble this 11/10f fc it should be Warne’s Way. That was a fair run @ Newbury, 2 tips for his 13/2 fc, top sp fig & added bonus of Sam Jones’s 7lb claim. Though thnr in form & McCoy is stronger than most in a close finish.

1.10 Font, I do not believe it! No.1 is called Bubbling Under, First Time Out. 33/1 fc

1.20 Sedge, Fall In Line 7/2f fc is about evsf on ceefax & Auntie Kathleen 16/s, 4/s here. I also like 2 tip, Dom Elsworth on Cul La Balla 12/s fc.

1.40 Font, Who writes the prices for the Racing Post? They’ve surely got this wrong. I have Flintoff 2/1 2f fc, Noted. He’s got 11/14 tips & the only one with a ‘D’ after his name. I hope this doesn’t affect his h’cap mark too much & I’m not too keen on the jockey. I’m going to give a shout to Solid As A Rock 20/s fc

2.10 Font, Donkeys, at least Isam Top (+25 & 10 clr) has some recent form & CD, 2/1f fc, 9/14 tips.

2.20 Sedge, cld be interested in Sunny Brook 20/s fc, anything >16/s wld do for a place. The trnr of Silver Snitch has an 80% sr with his chasers here & the 2/1 2f fc looks worthwhile.

2.40 Font. Here we have the Pilca syndrome, better than a Seller? Speed Figure suggests so. Another fine example of Bubbling Under especially with the figures & 11/12 tips, 5/4f fc. Mayoun (+15 & clr) stands out.

2.50 Sedge, there is nothing on my figures to suggest Great Approach wld have to be very special to take this. 6/4f fc

3.20 Sedge, I like the 9 tips for the fc f 9/4, San Piere but also the 2 tips @ 7/s for Star Time (+24 & clr), on my figures he’s in the frame & over this dist & gng I’d prefer the lower wght.

3.40 Norton Sapphire (+27) 7/2f fc, ahead on my figures & has a nice win / run ratio for the price. 5 tips / 13. Friendly Request (+29) 25/s fc is NB on my figures but this is a class below Bubbling Under!

vegyjones
5th December 2006, 14:05
I'm afraid I'm going to have to abort this Challenge lark for the time being,

Blimey, one losing day and you give up. You trying to break my records :ooo

Godspot
5th December 2006, 14:11
Give up, I'll have 2.5% on Isam Top & Norton Sapphire. I'm trying to develop a system for h'caps but all i seem to be doing is trying to download Horses2Follow. ::swear

Win2Win
5th December 2006, 14:38
It's easy. Instructions are on the site :doh

Godspot
6th December 2006, 04:08
:rolleyes: Final Day of the Tipster search. So what am I down? 4 lots of 2.5%, a £100, well we'll soon have that back! You better put your :ooo Warnings :ooo up because we're going on a recovery mission, depending on the prices.

Besides Fairyhouse, it’s another Day of the Donkeys tomorrow. So where do I stand, 10% down on the last two days….

1.0 Leic, Bob Hall & Genghis Noted, inclined to think Genghis will improve for the run & that the former may just have him today. But if it is possible to get 2/1 a piece I'll have 10%, on each. Otherwise 10% on Bob if he's not fav.

1.05 Fairy, Franklins Trail, 8/s & 10/s fc, looks interesting today, there won’t be any of the 14/s fc in Sunday’s race against Perce Rock but this looks a much less competitive event. Looks vulnerable to a newcomer but talking of Perce Rock, the form of Good Thing can be traced back to the form of Sunday’s forecast fav, 10/s fc (what with a clear top speed & jockey allowance, puts him a little clear) but another interesting Newbie could be, Private Lives 20/s fc with Paul Carberry on board. Thinking about it though, I was kinda hoping Frankins Trail would have been closer to Perce Rock than 45l’s and at the present odds the ones about Ruby’s mount could be the value.

In circumstances like this where races are close together & I haven't got the result of the first before the next one starts, I will count the stake as lost & carry on regardless. Here I'll take the two Newbie's, 3% on Franklins & 2% on Private Lives @ the best possible odds.

If you were desperate for a winner you could lump on Asian Maze, she is so much better over this trip.

1.35 Fairy, I still go with what I said on Sunday about Asian Maze for this one.

If I was flush by now I'd probably have a tickle on the next two but they are donkey races compared to racing in Ireland.

2.00 Leic, Neysauteur, Noted but upped another 7lb. Should be able to handle Would You Believe, hardly Hobbs’s best!

2.30 Leic, Elegant Clutter, Noted, is making a quick reappearance over a trip he is hardly proven at.

I could be down 35% by now, if so I'm going to go mad & have 7.5% EW on the below.

2.35 Fairy, All bar Gazza’a Girl Noted & she was fav for Cailin Alainn’s race. I made Anothercoppercoast my Nap on Sunday when he was 12/s fc. What he was doing floating around 20/s+ for, after Django did the form no harm in Sunday’s opener, I can only wonder. There is another reason (2 in fact) why I like this though on the Irish Racing Thread.

If there are no winners up to this point I may have to continue..... up till now it's been 'fun!' Cheer then...:spinning

John
6th December 2006, 10:50
Surprise me, and do it properly. :)