PDA

View Full Version : Flintoff, but maybe not Tuesday....

Godspot
5th December 2006, 01:37
1.40 Font, Who writes the prices for the Racing Post? They’ve surely got this wrong. I have Flintoff 2/1 2f fc, Noted. He’s got 11/14 tips & the only one with a ‘D’ after his name. I hope this doesn’t affect his h’cap mark too much & I’m not too keen on the jockey. I’m going to give a shout to Solid As A Rock 20/s fc

Flintoff, has just gone in my Notebook for clocking decent figures last time & has joined the Notebook Top 10's most 'well h'capped' novice chasers. So what is he doing here :doh over another 1/2 mile with a jockey that rarely scores?
The same stable are responsible for that Billy Bray of last week, who again was running the wrong trip.

With 11 tips from 14 i think the odds will be shorter & won't represent value, I think we should wait until he's in a h'cap over a slightly shorter trip.

Win2Win
5th December 2006, 09:54
Who writes the prices for the Racing Post?

I'll take a guess.......but possibly a lot of professional folk who know the racing game inside out!!

The RP do not do the F/c prices, they are supplied by Raceform, one of the most accurate & trusted sources you will find anywhere (bar RSB).

I have Flintoff 2/1 2f fc
He is 2/1 f/c 2nd Fav :doh

Flintoff, has just gone in my Notebook for clocking decent figures last time
You're clocking a top speed figure run in soggy mud!!!

Godspot
5th December 2006, 15:17
With 11 tips from 14 i think the odds will be shorter & won't represent value

Normally when a horse has 75+% of the tips you can expect it to be around evs or worse. At 2/1 i thought it value, all bar the trip & jock.

I was using the RP's Topspeed, which I shall be using to good effect in this little h'cap system that is in development stage at present.
This race will not affect his Official Rating so remains well h'capped.

Win2Win
5th December 2006, 15:58
He only plodded on in the mud last time, and today never got home on 'faster' ground, looks over-handicapped to me.

Topspeed is THE worst speed service around, try the one in RFO.

Godspot
5th December 2006, 19:15
Mate, this was not a h'cap. I'm not talking about the 'the speed figure,' I'm talking about the speed figure in relation to it's Official H'cap Rating. This is the basis of the system which I'm developing. It happened again today, Mayoun in the Seller, his speed figure was above his OR. That is why Brave Villa will win again, Billy Bray is still well h'capped over 2m, Nenuphar Collonges will win again & Flintoff, in my Notebook is 'well h'capped.' I don't know why they even ran it today. I think u should go back to where it says, 'Please reply to this email,' cos I'm onto something.

Win2Win
5th December 2006, 19:54
Mate, this was not a h'cap.

I know it wasn't a handicap, I've been a pro-gambler for around 10 years, so I made sure I read up last week on the difference between handicaps...and non-handicaps. :doh

.....and I'm not your condom.....

Godspot
6th December 2006, 01:49
The difference between h'caps & non- for me would be that I can introduce you to a steady stream of h'cap winners.

Take Overstrand on Saturday, last into the book after having clocked a [120ts] the Sunday before & was running off the same mark [108] 6 days later, having already taken a Listed Race in his former years.

You have just given me a :rolleyes: BRAINWAVE:rolleyes: , Nick Mordin was on about Raceform speed figures only last week (again - Following the 120+ speed figures) but what if the same applies to these Raceform speed figures - that they, the [120+] brigade, highlight well h'capped horses that are running off much lower OR's & are very likely to improve.

I saw a great example the other day, One Way, his speed figure was always ahead of his OR while he was improving.

The same could be true of Superform's Fast Timers.

You could put some of this through your RSB & after today I'm going to your Systems Thread with a few ideas.

PS. I wasn't asking to be your condom......:doh
PPS. Would it be too much trouble for someone to send me a list of all Raceform speed figs 110+ from this & last season?

Win2Win
6th December 2006, 09:39
The difference between h'caps & non- for me would be that I can introduce you to a steady stream of h'cap winners.
:ermmm :ermmm :ermmm

PPS. Would it be too much trouble for someone to send me a list of all Raceform speed figs 110+ from this & last season?

:doh
I don't have a magic wand!!!

Godspot
6th December 2006, 13:38
I'm going to turn your three :ermmm 's into three whopping great :D :D :D 's, all I'm asking is a little time to get it all down but it's coming. It's Wednesday, Weekender day, work 2 do but keep clocking your Systems Thread....

I don't have a magic wand!!!

Nor have I but I did manage to get a copy of the Raceform Update this morning and what a time to get it, a review of Kauto & a preview of Detroit, Brilliant!

I got them figures & Superform's & we are going to have some fun! :spinning

mathare
6th December 2006, 13:45
You're building this up more than anyone I have ever known GS so it had better be good. There are going to be a lot of people waiting to jump all over you if this doesn't get off to a great start so you may wish to be slightly more humble at this stage and see how it goes eh?

Win2Win
6th December 2006, 13:53
There are going to be a lot of people waiting to jump all over you

They're not already :doh

If I have over 500 win & lay profitable systems running, why would I need tips off you? :splapme

Godspot
6th December 2006, 17:54
Need any help with systems? Ideas, staking, etc, or have an idea yourself you wish to ask about.
Horse Racing System Rules
If you have a systems for horses racing, or any sport, please feel free to include all the rules here. Please use the next thread for qualifiers.
Horse Racing System Qualifiers
Once you have published the rules above, you may post the qualifiers in this thread for the lazy punters amongst us. Please keeping running results.

1/2 the time they are Lays, take Flintoff & Billy Bray, that's one of the First Rules, the horse must be running over the same trip & maybe similar going.
I never said anything about you personally having to take my tips, I don't take tips, I live too near to Hobbs' yard, what I do is read other people's assessments of a race, sometimes I agree, others I don't. I got it wrong today with Asian Maze but all I'm trying to do is give a good assessment of a race.

You're building this up

Me building it up, it's you lot that want to waste my time arguing about it, I'm supposed to be working & all I seem to be doing is getting drawn into an unnecessary row. You'll see how futile all this is when Labelthou(Fr) runs in a h'cap.

If you could all exercise a little patience, stay calm and keep clocking your Systems Thread and just let me get on with it, mind you I'm glad that Tipping Comps over, wasting my time, searching through a bunch of donkeys @ Hexham or something...

TheOldhamWhisper
6th December 2006, 18:09
We have a saying round our way - it goes something like 'Get your head from out of your own :ass1 '

It is commonly used when dealing with people so full of their own self-importance that they cannot seem to see beyond their own ego. :mad:

vegyjones
6th December 2006, 18:11
Sorry Oldham. I'll stay out of this thread! :(

Win2Win
6th December 2006, 18:39
Sorry Oldham. I'll stay out of this thread! :(
I thought your head was up everyone else's :butthead:

:D

vegyjones
6th December 2006, 18:44
I know you love ne, and that was your own special way of wishing me a merry christmas :D

Win2Win
6th December 2006, 18:50
As soon as I discover who NE is, I'll let you know :)

bigcumba
6th December 2006, 20:40
it's you lot that want to waste my time arguing about it, I'm supposed to be working & all I seem to be doing is getting drawn into an unnecessary row.

I think we should all apologise for interrupting Spodgot while he's busy, after all it is his forum you know... :rolleyes:

Godspot
7th December 2006, 03:27
Yeh man, digging up little nuggets like, how well Labelthou is h'capped, can you believe it? This is the best I've seen since, maybe Blowing Wind, Chelt 95.
There was me, gutted cos Bonchester Bridge had been put up 7lbs, this Labelthou could P all over every Mare's Final candidate I've got.

John
7th December 2006, 04:36
Hi Godspot

I'd seriously think about taking your foot off the gas with all the hype. Yes you may have a wonderful system in the making but don't go shouting about it from the rooftops until you've proven it's a winning system. I can appreciate you've just got to grips with your new toy (i.e. gotten online). From this thread and others you've posted it's clear you know how to talk the talk, I just hope you don't fall flat on your face.

I hope in time that what you've said thus far is true, and that you can prove to us you have the makings of a good system.

As for the Joint Effort - nobody made you enter the competition - that was your choice.

Godspot
7th December 2006, 06:56
just got to grips with your new toy (i.e. gotten online).

It ain't just the machine, it's the whole concept of betting to lose that my heads struggling with, I'm just a backward wurzel in many respects.
You're absolutley right on many counts above & I've already fluffed it again with the Labelthou(Fr) thread. I don't half leap sometimes when I should just be walking along the edge.
I didn't mean the Joint Effort was a grind, I meant the Racing Post Tipster Comp, i only entered as a preliminary exercise to betting for real but somedays the quality of the racing is so poor, you're wasting your time from the off. Like you say though, nobody told me to do it, it was my choice.
As for the system: I think it's going to work through the whole scale of the h'cap, I'll know more after Brown Fox's race today. He's only rated [80] but then you go up the scale to the likes of Overstrand - he's running again on Friday - a choice of two races. The former should help decide on cut-off points or your A, B, C style bets. You know buying that Raceform Update this morning just strengthens my case. I never used to like the layout of the Update but i was impressed & could almost be converted, i might just get the two in future. This isn't the 'Mad Coincidence' thread is it? Cos Labelthou(Fr) is the best qualifier I've come accross in my last 'on & off'' three years - mainly NH orientated but I'm sure I can apply the maths to the Flat as well, especially 3yo's & sprinters as far as i recall. Right now though, it's STIX time. I happen to think your message here was good timing cos i was on the brink of leaving & i'm sure there wouldn't be any complaints. I suppose someone has to provide the entertainment - have you seen Keith's reply to the Labelthou(Fr) thread? He's not taking this h'cap thing too well, life does just throw it at you at times.

Anyway, cheers!

Win2Win
7th December 2006, 10:04
have you seen Keith's reply to the Labelthou(Fr) thread? He's not taking this h'cap thing too well, life does just throw it at you at times.
What the HELL are you on about boy? :doh

You're the one spouting utter tosh, while I have successfully turned normal punters in pro-gamblers, supplied £10,000's profit to members over 6+ years......when you prove that you are even 1% capable of that, get back to me...anything less and you are not important.

People who want help get personal 1 to 1 from me, folk with a head bigger than a Zanuzian Space Monkey just annoy everyone else on here....hence your red blob....and people dishing you.

wb
7th December 2006, 11:32
. I happen to think your message here was good timing cos i was on the brink of leaving & i'm sure there wouldn't be any complaints.

The thing is Godspot, most people here are gambling long enough to know not to get excited about a new members system.

People here are interested in long term results. Its obvious that you put some time into your selections, and well done for that. Im sure you are excited about your system, but it comes across as very arrogant when you expect everyone else to back them. Most people on win2win are very cautious gamblers (rightly so) and can you really expect people to get all excited about some posts from someone that they dont know yet (in the online sense) and has no proven track record?

Here is my advice: Open up ONE thread for your selections and call it 'Godspots system' or whatever. Post your write ups and selections in it. KEEP DAILY PROFIT AND LOSS figures. If, after a number of months, your selections are showing profit, them red blobs may turn green. If it is not in profit after a while, you can look back over the posts and try to spot mistakes. The way you are going about at the moment is coming across as arrogant and it leaves you open for criticism.

CelticSpirit
7th December 2006, 12:10
May I offer you some encouragement Godspot. You seem to know the racing game well, and are convinced enough with yourself that you are on the verge of 'cracking' it. I do hope that you are onto a system that will make you money, that you stick around here long enough to prove yourself right.
Is it that your are just tickling it and only need a few things to fall into place or do you need to a big step back and re-assess your system, I don't know. Which ever it is, for your own sake try to keep your false dawns to a minimum as you are just leaving yourself open to being shot down in flames. Nobody likes a fellow board member to do even post a loser, we would all like it that all is posted is winners. That is unlikely to happen in the forseeable future, till then we stick together and where is some criticism required we make it constructive so we can hopefully learn from it.
keep your chin up, but your head down............theres a lot of snipers out there.

Godspot
8th December 2006, 14:55
Sorry, fair comments & thank you.

I shall heed the advice.

As usual I'm trying to do too much & I've just posted another loser with Liberthine but I don't think she was given too hard a race & is a future winner.

Open up ONE thread for your selections and call it 'Godspots system' or whatever. Post your write ups and selections in it.

In which department of this site - I quite like the Horses2follow bit - you can always update/keep a record & decide whether they are a back or a lay etc?

What I will do is put a few exerpts from the blog, (it is in it's early days at present & as soon as I see it I can think of improvements so there is better to come) on here somewhere if it alright with you.

Once again, sorry - I feel a bit like a bull in a china shop & i'm just awaiting the tranquilizer shot.

bigcumba
8th December 2006, 15:04
In which department of this site

the systems area near the bottom of the main forum page.

mathare
8th December 2006, 15:06
Once again, sorry - I feel a bit like a bull in a china shop & i'm just awaiting the tranquilizer shot.Have dart gun, will travel.

Godspot
23rd December 2006, 07:35
& maybe not today either. Has to go down as a 'safe lay' today. Until he's fresh again & running in a h'cap - not one to be interested with. I would say Regal Heights has more chance of giving this favourite, L'antartique a race.

Godspot
30th December 2006, 00:05
Pulled out of the above race & I imagine rightly so, this looks a much easier task, if he can carry the weight there must be a fair chance he'll last home now that he's had a little break.

1.05 Hayd

Flintoff (+6) 9/4 fc a very weak race & this jockey has won on him twice before. May not be a rock solid bet bet bet but the forecast fav is worth opposing.

pilky201
30th December 2006, 01:23
If you look in the members section don't tell me i was wrong:splapme

TheOldhamWhisper
30th December 2006, 16:22
:ermmm

Godspot
31st December 2006, 01:03
I think we can safely wipe this thread - followers of Andicaps would have realised by now that this was not a qualifier because his figures were achieved in non-h'caps. Enough said!!:Helooo

Godspot
31st December 2006, 01:17
Oi! I bet you're one of them that don't like Mordin - you must have backed The Listener off your own back then - he wasn't even Top Rated but my man had that race down to a tee.....

& Jazz Messenger & Celestial Wave

John
31st December 2006, 01:48
Yeah course he did.

See that everyone?! He nearly had us convinced! :lickme

TheOldhamWhisper
31st December 2006, 10:40
Oi! I bet you're one of them that don't like Mordin - you must have backed The Listener off your own back then - he wasn't even Top Rated but my man had that race down to a tee.....

& Jazz Messenger & Celestial Wave

What the :censored: are you talking about? I actually took time out to read through the thread again but can find no references at all to these comments :doh

Win2Win
31st December 2006, 10:53
What the :censored: are you talking about? I actually took time out to read through the thread again but can find no references at all to these comments :doh

You must be blind or stupid Oldham, they are clearly there....white ink on white background, Font TINY, written in an ancient lost language....:rolleyes:

I was reading one of his other threads on laying....thought it was written by the Joker in Batman so many riddles :doh

Godspot
31st December 2006, 21:27
Sorry, I was drunk

I was so hoping O'Maley was going to run Monday so I could bury this thread with the Killaghy Castle race.

Do you think we can wipe this thread now.. Flintoff can Something else Off for all i care at the moment.

PS. Happy New Year 2 One & All
PPS. I think 'Andycaps may even be having a winner Monday but I wouldn't bet on it!

Win2Win
31st December 2006, 22:32
Threads are cleansed every 3-6 months. Until then folk can Google your masterpiece :)

Godspot
8th April 2010, 16:49
Until he's fresh again & running in a h'cap -

Only trouble here - he's a bit too fresh! Apparently, every winner in the last 50 years had run since the turn of the year but there are plenty worse 'fun' outsiders!