PDA

View Full Version : World Pro Darts

TooTall
17th December 2006, 23:40
My favourite time of year:Helooo
I have made a profit gambling on this the last 4 years so thought i would post my bets this year. lets hope i have not just cursed them.

R Baxter to win 3-0@evens
S Maish to win 3-0@evens should do so easly playing the rsa wild card
T Jenkins to win 3-1@7-2 Jenkins has been one of the form players this year his opponent is Priestleys pratice partner so should be half decent.
M McGowan to win3-1@ 5-2 McGowan also playing well this year Clark took a set of the power last year hopefully he can take one here.

C Mason also to win 3-1@9-4 bit biased here my fav player hopefully he will be on top form and stop all the head shaking or Atwood will be good value @3-1 to win the match
A Green to win @7-2 also to win 3-1 and 3-2 at 14-1 and 8-1 Part has been patchy with his form this year and Green has managed to qualify for the last two t.v tournements.
Cant bet on the Taylor match unless you fancy Pein to take a set then the 9-1 on Taylor to win 3-1 is not bad.
D Jowett to win @5-1 Manley is another that is hot one tourny and :censored: the next so i think the 5-1 is quite tasty

presto
18th December 2006, 00:11
i also love to watch the darts, and this is one fantastic tourny, will post more tommorow.

presto
18th December 2006, 02:24
outright bets:

R. Barneveld 6.8 £5.00
C. Lloyd 40 £5.00
J. Wade 25 £10.00
P. Manley 95 £10.00
M. Walsh 980 £1.34
A. Jenkins 490 £2.83
J. Kuczynski 990 £1.33
G. Convery 1000 £0.32
A. Tabern 990 £0.40
G. Welding 990 £1.34
D. Askew 990 £1.34
S. Maish 990 £1.33
L. Sams 990 £1.33
C. Monk 990 £1.33
A. Warriner 990 £1.33

i only got a small ammount matched on a few, but they are all at great value IMO and should come down, i will be trading out and doing many more outright bets as the tourny continues.

presto
18th December 2006, 14:09
DAY 1

BAXTER vs gray
MAISH vs havenga
T JENKINS vs lawrence
clark vs McGOWAN
MASON vs atwood
PART vs green
TAYLOR vs pein
MANLEY vs jowett

TooTall
18th December 2006, 19:55
Outright bets i have are:
Mason @ 100
Hamilton @100
burnett @380
Mcgowan @100
wade @ 20
Mardle @ 70

mathare
18th December 2006, 20:19
Been a few shocks today as far as I can tell. Baxter and Maish out

presto
18th December 2006, 20:45
yup a few shocks, baxter goes out in the first round in consecutive years now, his finnishing was poor, but his opponent looked ok.

maish was poor, was expecting him to do much better, he just didn't take the opportunities he was presented with, he could have won it if he took them, his opponent the south african looked inconsistent - a few 180's followed by 26's etc.... in the last set he made a couple of vital 100+ finnishes (on the bull).

Mcgowan also gave a scare losing the first set to love before comming back.

mason is looking good tonight, though he is someone i would avoid betting on as he can lose it sometimes.

presto
18th December 2006, 22:16
part misses 7 darts for the game :ermmm
what is it with part :censored: ing up when on the verge, 1.01 bottle job last time, hits 1.01 TWICE in this match, and he still manages to slip behind.

TooTall
18th December 2006, 22:20
Think he has it now

presto
18th December 2006, 22:22
yup gets it - but that was nearvy.

TooTall
18th December 2006, 22:26
Wrong result for me.
Green was my main bet for tonight:ermmm
Might just lump on taylor in the leg betting market cant see him dropping many legs

presto
18th December 2006, 22:36
going on about a punter who put £20,000 @ 1/200 on taylor. now what serious punter woult take those odds when 1/50 was available (at large ammounts) on betfair all day.

TooTall
18th December 2006, 22:46
lol i thought that:ermmm
The leg betting has been easy money so far someone offering odds of 1.31 each leg keep lumping on cant see this bloke taking a leg:lickme

TooTall
19th December 2006, 00:19
Day 1 over and only up thanks to betting on Taylor to win on every leg:rolleyes:
Did not think there would be so many upsets as that today.

DAY TWO
Vonck to win 3-0 or 3-1 @ 9-2 and 11-2 Walsh has not been able to hit a barn door lately and these dutch kids are always good.

Bates will win prob 3-0 but the price @ 1-2 could be to short for me.

Webster to win @ 9-4 does not look to bad a bet

Smith to win @ 11-8 Ovens never seems to cut it on t.v

Tabern to win @ 5-6

Lloyd to win 3-1 @ 100-30 Seyler played well last year so should be able to nick a set

Barney to win 3-0 @ 1-9

Lewis to win 3-0 @ 8-15

Would be nice if they put the Taylor and Barney games on in the afternoons in the first round as they are rarley entertaining to watch being heavly one sided. Looks like i missed some good games:ermmm

presto
19th December 2006, 13:40
day 2

walsh vs VONCK
BATES vs cyr
ANDERSON vs webster
OVENS vs s smith
warriner vs TABERN
LLOYD vs seyler
BARNEY vs clegg
LEWIS vs fleet

presto
19th December 2006, 14:49
vonk looks good, deffinately one to look out for in the future - he's only 19.

whats happened with a lewis in the outright market? i always thaught he was bad value @ 16 - but now he's drifted like mad this morning - a good chunk @ 25 last matched @ 34's :doh

presto
19th December 2006, 15:59
another major shock with bates going out to cyr,
bates (who has been playing well this year) started awfull losing the first 6 legs, he had chances to win the first set 3-0 aswell missing 11 doubles. he came back into it 2-2 in sets and missed several doubles for the match. his finnishing was awfull against the steady canadian.

TooTall
19th December 2006, 18:56
Did Webster play well or was Anderson just poor ?
Very surprised Bates went out thought he was a cert to win his Quarter

presto
19th December 2006, 19:06
a bit of both, webster played very well especially on the doubles (he did miss 12 doubles in one leg :yikes: to put his average down, but other than that he looked good) and anderson was cack. (anderson apparently had shoulder problems).

presto
19th December 2006, 20:32
tabern looking great against the ice man, 6 legs on the trot.

Win2Win
19th December 2006, 22:17
:ermmm Absolutely disgusting the way they heckled that young Aussie lad. Makes me sad to be English ;fire

TooTall
19th December 2006, 22:24
Yes i thought that:ermmm
But was it not because his nick name was Mooosta?

presto
19th December 2006, 22:30
only watched the first set - they seemed ok with him, i was also very impressed by the lad in that first set, how did he play after that?

TooTall
19th December 2006, 22:40
He was patchy could be very good in a few years.
The heckling only came after his good throws just think the crowd had latched on to his nick name.
Been to alot of dart tournaments and the crowds have always been fantastic

presto
19th December 2006, 22:46
i was going to say darts crowds are normally pretty good, even the manley stuff is really just in jest.

TooTall
19th December 2006, 23:37
After two going well for me so far made alot tonight on leg betting in the Lloyd and Lewis matches:lickme

DAY THREE

Jones to win @ 1-7 with a small bet on 3-1 in sets @ 3-1

Ladley to win @ 2-1

Monk to win @ 5-6

Hamilton to win @ 1-4 possibly a small bet on a 3-2 score line @ 11-2 if Welding can find the form that took him to the 1/4 finals last year

Beaton to win 3-1 or 3-2 @ 5-2 and 4-1

Priestley to win @1-8 (hopefully the odds are better than thet on betfair)

Mardle to win 3-1 @ 11-4 Mardle always does well in this. Caves is a very capable player who should be able to take a set

Wade to win 3-0 @2-7 cant see this being to hard for wade

Day three should have some closer matches in the evening just when i am unable to watch any for the next 3 days:(

Win2Win
20th December 2006, 10:45
Manley knows why they do it, this was a kid, and the floor guy had to stop the game to tell them to respect both players.

I fthe kid gets tuition off tailor, he'll be a champ in 3 years. He's the right size for it :laugh

presto
20th December 2006, 14:12
day 3

JONES vs branks
SAMS vs ladley
MONK vs laursen
HAMILTON vs welding
BEATON vs convery
PRIESTLEY vs schenk
MARDLE vs caves
WADE vs french

presto
20th December 2006, 23:12
mardle out :yikes: he started badly going 2-0 sets down before battling back and going the distance, had at least 3 darts to win the match but missed.
laursen beating monk was also a big shock of the day.

presto
21st December 2006, 00:07
wade (who i fancy has a good chance of winning) is praying really poorly, he's winning comfortably but should have shut this match up 3-0 just dropping a leg, but has dropped a set and is far from top form.

TooTall
21st December 2006, 01:01
Not so good today never thought mardle would lose:yikes:
Wade seems to have gone back to his old ways of missing shed loads of doubles:(

DAY FOUR
Burchell to win @ 7-4

Smith to win 3-0 @ 1-10

Newton to win every leg:D

Jenkins to win 3-0 @ evens

Kuczknski to win @ 13-8

Scholten to win 3-0 @ 1-5

Osbourne to win @ 11-8

Burnett to win @ 6-5

presto
21st December 2006, 01:09
nice to see you tipped Kuczknski against dudbridge, i really think Kuczknski is a good player and have backed him as an outsider to win it at massive odd's :)

TooTall
21st December 2006, 01:23
Dudbridge has had a poor year Not sure what half the draw Kuczknski is in?
I think he has a fairly good draw i think he will at least win his quarter

presto
21st December 2006, 02:51
day 4

ASKEW vs burchel
SMITH vs shi
NEWTON vs wada
JENKINS vs davis
dudbridge vs KUCYNSKI
SCHOLTEN vs miller
PAINTER vs osbourn
ROY vs burnett

presto
21st December 2006, 02:55
also more propaganda by the bookies tonight - £40,000 on mardle @ 9/4 in-running, - that was total B######S £100 traded @ 2/1 on betfair. so as if ladcrooks would take that big a bet at bigger odds than betfair.

Win2Win
21st December 2006, 09:34
wade (who i fancy, has a good chance of winning) is praying really poorly,

Presto, please explain these two quotes in more detail please!!! :D

presto
21st December 2006, 13:07
Presto, please explain these two quotes in more detail please!!! :D

1) well he is one sexy bloke, i mean.... he has a good chance of winning :doh
2) praying really poorly - that's just catholic preist slang :rolleyes:

presto
21st December 2006, 15:37
some poor darts this afternoon, askew nearly threw it away when 2-0 up in sets. now the pie man is making heavy work of shi missing the doubles (only 2 legs in).

Win2Win
21st December 2006, 17:25
Wada loada crapa :)

darcy666
21st December 2006, 17:33
I love watching the darts but have never put any money on it. Me and my mate have got tickets for the Alexander Palace and the reading leg of the premier league next year just so we can hold up those message baords and dance like knobs to the 'advert music'. do do do...da da do...do doo doo...da da doo....

Also, I wanna know what substances Sid Wadell is on !

MattR
21st December 2006, 18:07
Also, I wanna know what substances Sid Wadell is on !

Not sure but I think he finds them up Phil Taylor's :butthead: . He is so biased towards him. .

TooTall
22nd December 2006, 00:21
DAY FIVE

Vonck to win @ 8-11

Lewis to win 4-1 @ 5-2

Beaton to win @ 7-4

Manley to win 4-0 @ 5-2

Mason to win @ 5-6

Barney to win 4-2 @3-1

Webster to win @ evens

mathare
22nd December 2006, 00:33
I wasn't watching closely enough this evening but did Osborne really mess up one of his checkouts tonight and scored 59 instead of 49 but was still awarded the leg? That seemed to be what Eric Bristow was saying on the commentary. Or was the Sky scoreboard just wrong?

TooTall
22nd December 2006, 00:41
Did not see the games tonight.
But the Sky score board is quite often wrong as long as the player hit what the ref calls before hand is good enough.
The board was wrong during the Mason match earlier in the week trouble is the commentators take it as gospil

mathare
22nd December 2006, 00:44
They had Rod Harrington (?) as spotter tonight too and the cameras missed a few crucial shots, including at least one double that I can recall. Either Osborne had no idea what he was going for, the spotter had no idea or Osborne was going for some really unusual combinations.

presto
22nd December 2006, 02:35
what was the score in the J. Kuczynski match? - i know he lost, but he was my big outsider hope, £20 @1000 ish, also reckon he would beat the out of form dudbridge,

presto
22nd December 2006, 15:05
2nd round matches:

LEWIS vs jones
JENKINS vs beaton
MANLEY vs havenga
MASON vs part
lloyd vs BARNEVELD
gray vs WEBSTER
OVENS vs tabern
dudbridge vs HAMILTON
TAYLOR vs mcgowan
caves vs ASKEW

WADE vs ladley
PREISTLY vs laursen
osbourne vs NEWTON
JENKINS vs smith
SCHOLTEN vs roy

TooTall
25th December 2006, 23:35
The Rest of round two

Tabern to win @ evens

Hamilton to win 4-2 @ 3-1

McGowan to win @ 7-1

Caves to win @ 4-6

Wade to win 4-1 @ 5-2

Priestley to win 4-0 @ 3-1

Osbourne to win @ 4-7

Smith to win @ 13-8

Scholten to win 4-0 @ 7-2

presto
27th December 2006, 19:22
3rd round

BARNEY vs vonk
askew vs TABERN
havenga vs WEBSTER
jenkins ve WADE
TAYLOR vs mason
preistly vs HAMILTON

TooTall
27th December 2006, 20:52
Round Three

Barney

Tabern

Webster

Wade

Mason I hope

Hamilton

Lewis

Osbourne

It is no longer profitable to set bet at this stage of the tournament. Looking at my records should have stopped doing it after the first round.
Been some good games in the second round

presto
28th December 2006, 23:04
a few nasties at the end of the taylor vs mason game

mathare
28th December 2006, 23:11
I saw Mason have a bit of a go at Taylor but missed what was really said. I only caught Taylor's interview from the middle onwards but he didn't look happy and was talking about filth and how he won't be spoken to like that. Any idea what Mason said?

presto
28th December 2006, 23:19
chris 'the hammer' mason (took a claw hammer to someones head - that landed him a spot of prison), isn't all there in the head so who knows - possibly something about taylors altercation in the caravan with the young lady who said NO, the sexual offence apparently (well no doupt about it) took away the MBE he was going to receive.

i very much doupt taylor would quit though, he is comfortable financially, but the money in darts now has snowballed to massive ammounts.

TooTall
29th December 2006, 00:38
Think Taylor over reacted big time. Taylor has been no angel on the oche over the years in fact last year you could clearly see him telling Painter to go::hump his self. Sounds like he was trying to get Mason banned from the game with a stupid he goes or i quit what a :icon_tong

Win2Win
29th December 2006, 09:28
I was starting to build up some respect for Mason, as I've always seen him as a very good player, but yet again he's cocked up. Gamesmanship yes, but not what it appears Mason was up to.

mathare
29th December 2006, 11:03
Sporting Life reckon it was over the limp handshake Taylor gave Mason at the end which caused Mason to erupt. Mason's insults in the papers ahead of the game can't have helped either. And now Mason is offering Taylor outside for a fight.

Win2Win
29th December 2006, 11:21
Mason's usual way of solving something....violence :ermmm

Taylor has earned everything he has, if Mason wants the same....he should try putting the work in, instead of relying on brute force & theft.

mathare
29th December 2006, 11:26
Taylor has earned everything he has, if Mason wants the same....he should try putting the work in, instead of relying on brute force & theft.That's basically what Taylor said in his post-match interview yesterday. He recounted a tale of Eric Bristow dropping him off home in a brand new Mercedes and how he (Taylor) commented to his wife how nice it was. She told him to get off his :butthead: and earn one then, and that's what he did. He said that if he wanted a new car he bought one because he had earned it and doesn't begrudge anyone having anything they have really put the work in for and earned

TooTall
29th December 2006, 12:23
Trouble is this has now over shadowed what has been a brilliant tournament so far. I know alot of what was said last night was probably heat of the moment stuff but was there any need to conduct his interview like he did. I mean what was said is only the sort of tuff that gets said in work places up and down the country. Was no need to say he swore at me so i am not playing anymore

mathare
29th December 2006, 12:38
Was no need to say he swore at me so i am not playing anymoreI know what you're saying and in many respects I agree. Football referees, even at the top level, get all sorts of abuse thrown at them and by and large they just ignore it. But should they have to take such abuse? Should anyone? Many places with public-facing staff have signs up saying that verbal abuse will not be tolerated. Is that really any different to the sports world really? Taylor is right that he shouldn't have to put up with abuse from a fellow competitor up on that stage. But he could also rise above it somewhat. He could have said he's not happy about it but what can you do. Somehow be the bigger man (no pun intended) and brush it off. Had Taylor been arrogant and showboating (Adrian Lewis' blind 180 for instance) then the abuse may have been a bit more understandable. But Lewis' opponent took that blind 180 in great spirits.

I guess what I am saying is that Taylor is right in many ways but to threaten to take his ball back and run home to his mum is not the right response really. But it shakes the PDC up as it's mainly about Taylor and everyone knows that. And if Taylor goes then Lewis probably goes too and the PDC is then screwed, certainly in terms of TV audiences.

TooTall
29th December 2006, 12:57
Where would Lewis go. Are you saying a 23 year old kid would give up his dreams because of Taylor? The BDO is not really an option as there is expected to be another load of players switching to PDC again this year. No one man is bigger than any sport. Darts will survive without Taylor as F1 will without Shumacher and golf would Tiger Woods

mathare
29th December 2006, 13:00
Where would Lewis go. Are you saying a 23 year old kid would give up his dreams because of Taylor?Lewis would go downwards and become average. Would Taylor mentor him any more? I doubt it. Ok, Taylor has enough behind him to give up the sport if he wanted to and I know Lewis hasn't. I also accept that the BDO isn't an option. But would the PDC survive if Taylor quit? Yes, but not as we know it today.

TooTall
29th December 2006, 13:08
5 Years ago no Taylor would have meant the end i dont think he will quit anyway. If Barney beats him in the final then i cant see how he can not without question marks like that over him. Greatest player ever but never beat Barney in the Worlds. Then again i think Taylor wanted to retire was it 3 years ago and had to be talked out of it by Barry Hearn maybe he is using Mason as his excuse to go now

Fadetoblack
29th December 2006, 13:22
Sorry to take this a bit off topic lads but I had a little interest in this tournament myself this year and I have to say, this is one of the most nerve racking sports to watch with a gambling interest.

mathare
29th December 2006, 13:30
Sorry to take this a bit off topic lads but I had a little interest in this tournament myself this year and I have to say, this is one of the most nerve racking sports to watch with a gambling interest.Absolutely! I put £20 on Adrian Lewis to win his match yesterday with a view to it being a pretty sure bet so a low risk qualifier to set me up for a £20 free bet with Bet365. He lost but the match was awesome to watch. Bloody nerve racking though as you say. I can see how there can be numerous trading opportunities but the games can be so back and forth that you need some sixth sense to work out which way it will swing.

TooTall
29th December 2006, 13:47
I thought the Lewis Jenkins game was the best of the tournament even though it did cost me alot of money he was my bet of the day :(

1/4 Finals

Osbourne Benn really impressed with his play so far i think A Jenkins had his best game yesterday cant see him matching that proformance

Hamilton Wade let T Jenkins of big time last night should be an easy win for Hamilton

Barney Should be a 5-0er here

Taylor also has 5-0 wrote all over it

presto
29th December 2006, 14:29
But Lewis' opponent took that blind 180 in great spirits.

oh no he didn't!

the match between lewis and manley was not a friendly one, manley with hid mind games, made lewis storm off stage and take a while to come back.

presto
29th December 2006, 14:36
if taylor retired, then i would say it was likely that he would carry on as mentor to lewis, even if he didn't - stoke is full of top dart players to practice with.
also dart's is fine without taylor, especially since barney came over, and there are many great (and improving) players now, ticket's to dart event's are now like gold dust and whole venues sell out quicker than ever.

mathare
29th December 2006, 14:47
oh no he didn't!.In the match yesterday? I didn't see any fireworks following that shot

presto
29th December 2006, 14:57
thaught you were on about the one last year.

Win2Win
29th December 2006, 15:14
All sorted......:) Love has returned :doh

Laf
29th December 2006, 19:28
As has been said before, Taylor has earned everything he's got and deserves it too. Admittedly, he can come accross a bit patronising at times but I don't think that is ever his intention. Having met and had a chat with a number of the players and people involved in the PDC at the World Grand Prix in October, they all seemed like decent, genuine lads. I didn't hear a single bad word about Taylor. As for Mason, well I formed my own opinions of the bloke :hic :icon_tong :butthead: .

Laf
29th December 2006, 19:47
Sorry to take this a bit off topic lads but I had a little interest in this tournament myself this year and I have to say, this is one of the most nerve racking sports to watch with a gambling interest.

One of the best markets to play is the 'most 180's' market in Taylor's matches as you usually get good odds on his opponent hitting more 180's. Taylor doesn't hit that many as he regularly switches to 19's on his 2nd or 3rd dart if his first one is blocking part of the bed. In his last 2 matches Taylor has lost the 180 count 10-4 and 5-1. It will probably be alot closer on the 180's tonight though.

presto
29th December 2006, 19:53
have heard a lot of bad things about taylor (behind the scenes), i know on camera he sounds a decent bloke, but most of the dart's players say he keeps himself to himself and looks down on others (like mason said in the papers) and dart's being a very social 'pub' game it dosn't sit too well with other players who will often get together for a drink after the days action etc.....
taylor is also a very bad loser, heard once that he refused to pay up a £50 bet when he lost, and when asked to pay gave the response :censored: off you :censored: , he also refused to buy the winner a drink - one of the un-written rules of 'pub team' games - you buy the winner a pint.
taylor has also said nasties to his opponents (painter in particular) after a game, so going off on one about mason is a bit hypocritical.

Fadetoblack
29th December 2006, 20:07
I'd believe every bit of it to be honest. Awesome player though.

I've done a cheeky double tonight. Both favs to win 5-0.

Win2Win
29th December 2006, 20:33
My darts channel keeps going off because of the weather :(

presto
29th December 2006, 22:11
I'd believe every bit of it to be honest. Awesome player though.

I've done a cheeky double tonight. Both favs to win 5-0.

looking good.
barney won 5-0
taylor 4-0 up

Fadetoblack
29th December 2006, 22:29
I don't believe it....

presto
29th December 2006, 23:15
:peeky

TooTall
30th December 2006, 01:50
Been on the :pss tonight how the hell did Webster win a set this is bad :yikes:

Fadetoblack
30th December 2006, 02:16
He pulled of some amazing check outs to be fair.

presto
30th December 2006, 02:29
to be honnest webster has done well this tourny, taylor was on form and webster was missing doubles (badly) only really stepped up in the 5th winning 3-0.

Fadetoblack
30th December 2006, 02:40
Personally, I blame Presto.

presto
30th December 2006, 02:46
i was going to say are you going to lay taylor for the set, but thaught i may jinx you.

Fadetoblack
30th December 2006, 03:20
You can't jinx a jinx!

presto
30th December 2006, 20:49
BARNEY vs jenkins
TAYLOR vs hamilton

Fadetoblack
30th December 2006, 21:07
I did it again Presto....

presto
30th December 2006, 21:09
not sure about it this time - hammilton is no pushover,

Fadetoblack
30th December 2006, 21:10
Ah I know I just did it in case it happens. Prices were crap again though. 4-1 Barney, 7/2 Taylor.

Win2Win
30th December 2006, 23:00
Looks like Sky is going to get the match they want :)

Fadetoblack
31st December 2006, 14:08
6-0 6-0 Yipee

TooTall
1st January 2007, 20:29
THE FINAL

Can Barney do it.
Ihave backed Barney to win @ 3.3 on betfair also done Barney to win 7sets to 4 @ 19.5 but the banker bet of the night has to be Barney to have the most 180 @ 1.571 on ladbrokes i think this is as close to buying money as you can get:lickme

presto
1st January 2007, 21:00
deffinately barney for the 180's.
but so far he's playing cack - lost the first set 3-0 with the throw.

presto
1st January 2007, 21:38
took a while for barney to warm up, but took the 4th set 3-0 with a 170 checkout (first of tourny).

Fadetoblack
1st January 2007, 21:40
Now we might have a game. For the laugh I've backed them both to win 7-6.

Fadetoblack
1st January 2007, 22:52
Oh My God. What a contest.

Fadetoblack
1st January 2007, 23:21
PRESTO..where are ya??? This is amazing stuff

presto
1st January 2007, 23:34
watching the fighting :peeky

keep flicking over - what a game

Elbarto
1st January 2007, 23:36
What a final going on here

Fadetoblack
1st January 2007, 23:38
nice that my bet is won and i can still enjoy this

presto
1st January 2007, 23:40
tops needed for barney

Elbarto
1st January 2007, 23:41
OMG Taylor riding his luck ever so slightly

presto
1st January 2007, 23:52
shot on the bull - for sudden death

Elbarto
Right whos your money on now???

presto
barney hits the bull, got to be fav now

Elbarto
1st January 2007, 23:53
You were saying...

presto
1st January 2007, 23:53
back to back 180's

amazing final

Elbarto
1st January 2007, 23:56
Barney wins it. But what a final

TooTall
2nd January 2007, 00:16
That has to be the best final i have seen:spinning

Win2Win
2nd January 2007, 10:04
The sudden death finish is not the right way to finish a game as far as I'm concerned, as after such epic battles, the rules state only one will have an advantage :doh

Instead of must win by 2 clear.....if they are 6-6, it should be continued as normal as a sudden death set.

As far as I'm concerned, both players last night won, but in order to keep sponors & bookes happy, they have to introduce stupid rules to force a winner. Kind if ruined the game for me in the end.

Fadetoblack
2nd January 2007, 13:35
The sudden death finish is not the right way to finish a game as far as I'm concerned, as after such epic battles, the rules state only one will have an advantage :doh

Instead of must win by 2 clear.....if they are 6-6, it should be continued as normal as a sudden death set.

As far as I'm concerned, both players last night won, but in order to keep sponors & bookes happy, they have to introduce stupid rules to force a winner. Kind if ruined the game for me in the end.

Wait for it....

I agree with ya 100%

Win2Win
2nd January 2007, 13:52
:yikes:

Does this mean we're married now? ::hump

presto
2nd January 2007, 13:59
to be honnest the sudden death rule isn't in all tournaments (only the set's one), and even then it isn't used that often - twice in this tournament.
so i don't have a problem with it, hitting the bull is still skill.
it's like the double start tournaments - not everyone likes the double start, but we still have it.

Fadetoblack
2nd January 2007, 14:19
:yikes:

Does this mean we're married now? ::hump

Yes. I'll send you a PM to finalise the nuptuals. :wink

Presto...Do you think it's a major advantage to go first in the closest to the bull?

Win2Win
2nd January 2007, 14:20
Starting with a double is a different game though, and not a very good one.....especially for amateurs :laugh

presto
2nd January 2007, 14:23
theres possibly an advantage going 2nd as you can keep your opponent's dart in the board (if you want). but really no advantage at all, it really just boils down to who throws the single dart better.

Fadetoblack
2nd January 2007, 14:27
But surely there's a psychological advantage in knowing what needs to be done...

presto
2nd January 2007, 14:32
it's like the old - better to take a penalty first or second argument.

theres no real answer, you could say the psycology - but then again people react differently - some players crumble if there opponent does well - some step there game up for the challange.

as for wha has to be done, - hit the bull, no matter how your opponent throws, that is always your aim.

Fadetoblack
2nd January 2007, 14:36
True. The psychology plays a huge part though in just about all sports. Look at Barney missing x20 (to win the match) with 3 darts last night. That was definitely nerves/pressure. How they pulled off those 180s back to back under all that pressure astounds me.

Win2Win
2nd January 2007, 15:01
How they pulled off those 180s back to back under all that pressure astounds me.

They were aiming for double 1 :laugh

presto
2nd January 2007, 15:02
i seem to have the opposit problem's when aiming for the 180's

Win2Win
2nd January 2007, 15:29
I always find it strange in pro darts when one guy hits say 45, and the other guy can take control.....but gets 38 :doh .....always seems to happen...

MattR
2nd January 2007, 17:19
Although in an ideal world it would stay as 2 clear to win, it could go on forever. The 6-5 in the 13th set last night all went with the darts. What I do think would be fairer than going for the bull is they each have the usual three darts and highest score gets to choose.

All that aside, what a fantastic final. When they are playing like that there are no other players that can keep up with them. To average 100 after 13 sets is incredible.

TooTall
2nd January 2007, 18:12
Dont see why the final cant be decided by going two clear no matter how long it takes. In the matchplay you have to be two legs clear to win in every round and that tournament has never gone on for ever:)
You are talking about a world final thats worth £100,000 to the winner to have it settled in one leg is a shame might as well of tossed a coin

Win2Win
2nd January 2007, 20:31
might as well of tossed a coin

My thoughts exactly :)

wb
2nd January 2007, 23:50

Can similarities be drawn with the darts match and Liverpools Champions League win? :peeky

presto
3rd January 2007, 00:03
:laugh :laugh :laugh

Win2Win
3rd January 2007, 09:52
They don't throw darts in the Champions League :doh Although Ronaldo looks like he's been hit by a few!!!

PS. An Irish team last won the Champions League 5 TIMES when exactly? :)