PDA

View Full Version : systems

davidsteel
21st January 2007, 21:08
Without knowing the rules of this forum , are we allowed to discuss systems other than Win2win systems that we have bought , it seems ok to post selections of systems that people devise , so why not discuss other systems that poeple have bought!!

David

presto
21st January 2007, 21:14
i reckon it's ok (unless you post a pay link), can systems be classed as 'intelectual copywright rights' though? i have about 50 systems (bought of e-bay) that were a waste of £4.99 which i will poste in the upstairs bit if allowed.
may be of use to someone - but you can't run them through RSB (the reason why i origionaly got them).

presto
21st January 2007, 21:19
it may also be a good idea if you can get someone to run the system through RSB, to see what you can expect, rather than the 'MAKE £millions guaranteed' that is often on the blurb.

Mavrick
21st January 2007, 21:22
If they look to be profitable in the long term then more the merrier I say.
But this isn't my forum though.:doh

davidsteel
21st January 2007, 21:39
Surely, its worth noting whats out there to on the general market(although i must state that i'm not trying to sell anything myself) but it seems odd for a racing forum not to discuss this..

After all everbody who posts on this or any other forum is after one thing..

presto
21st January 2007, 21:44
problem is, keith could get in trouble if someope posts 'the football cash generator' for example. as it may breach copywright, but i suppose if you explain it in your own words there can be no reprocussions as you can't copywright a system.

davidsteel
21st January 2007, 21:49
problem is, keith could get in trouble if someope posts 'the football cash generator' for example. as it may breach copywright, but i suppose if you explain it in your own words there can be no reprocussions as you can't copywright a system.

I personally can't see the problem ,whats wrong with discussing systems to buy stay clear of etc..

mathare
21st January 2007, 21:49
problem is, keith could get in trouble if someope posts 'the football cash generator' for example. as it may breach copywright, but i suppose if you explain it in your own words there can be no reprocussions as you can't copywright a system.You can copyright anything, as long as you write it down.

Mavrick
21st January 2007, 21:52
Presto, why couldn't you run them through RSB?
Just out of general interest. If I'm not interested in the ratings on offer, what is better for value: Raceform Interactive or RSB. I have often thought about getting Raceform Interactive, but as I compile my own speed ratings and I'm not interested in any of the other ratings on offer, I thought that it was probably a waste of money. Especially as now you can leave notes about horses on the racing post site. I really like the idea of having access to paddock comments though and I'm getting more into systems now so the thought of getting one of the packages keeps popping back into my head. I don't need thousands of variables though and the comments would be my main reason for getting one and playing around with simple systems.
This probably should of been in the software bit.
Back to the thread, Keith won't mind as long as you don't post any links and I'm sure lots of people are interested. I for one.

Mavrick
21st January 2007, 21:54
I've just seen the other posts and I'm sure you lot know more about copyright then me, so maybe ignore my bit about Keith not minding.

presto
21st January 2007, 21:56
they were systems that used newspaper tipsters, and had many factors that just couldn't be put through rsb.

presto
21st January 2007, 22:00
You can copyright anything, as long as you write it down.

so if i wrote:

'back chelsea when playing at home' copywrite presto MMVII

that system would be copywright of me, thus illegal for anyone to re-print?

davidsteel
21st January 2007, 22:01
IT seems that most systems(on this forum) are run through RSB to see if they work but if the variables are of such that RSB doesn't have the capability to calculate whether or not they are successful then what, should they be discarded?

mathare
21st January 2007, 22:03
so if i wrote...that system would be copywright of me, thus illegal for anyone to re-print?Yes and no. You can't copyright simple things (as far as I am aware) but where the line is drawn I'm not too sure. But it is illegal to reproduce copyrighted material except in small excerpts for review purposes or when written permission is obtained from the copyright holder. But in reality web-based stuff gets ripped off all the time and there is little anyone can do about it.

mathare
21st January 2007, 22:07
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright

Note that copyright applies only to the physical manefestation not the underlying concept or idea. So in Presto's example, were he able to copyright that statement, he would be copyrighting only the statement and not the system itself. But I doubt it would meet the minimum skill/effort levels required for UK copyright.

Win2Win
21st January 2007, 22:26
You can 'discuss' other people's systems that are for sale, but not the rules.

If I found anyone giving out the rules of my systems they'd be meeting a few scousers on a dark night......and wouldn't be able to sit for weeks ::hump

davidsteel
21st January 2007, 23:07
Exactly, if you have a system that works why not tell others..

No need to post selections but results, why not.