PDA

View Full Version : Don't Push It

Mavrick
2nd February 2007, 19:05
This years Arkle is going to be one hell of a race. Don't Push It clocked a very fast time today. Having two poor chases on the card makes it slightly difficult to put a real accurate figure on it but, 88+ is not out of the question.

This is probably just a freak year for top 2m novices but, maybe breeding for speed is starting to have a significant impact on the NH like it has done on the flats over the last decade or so. A profitable system to follow probably would be to back any German bred hurdler/chaser making his debut in Britain over the jumps. I'm sure someone can check out the statistics on that one.

Win2Win
2nd February 2007, 19:08
I logged him as 47 mins.....a little above average.....although I think I need to replace the battery on the Bolex watch I bought on the Dock Road :doh

Godspot
3rd February 2007, 01:22
I just noticed Don't Push It, I wasn't going to bother putting yesterday in the SS until I seen that & Tot Of Whiskey at Catterick.

Careful about mentioning the Germans, you might just inspire another little book but I've been saying it for a few years now - the Germans are coming! They've even moved into Ireland - I've never seen so many (Fr) & (Ger) in the results. The latest to go in my book was a thing called Madengo(Ger). Over here as well I think you'll find (USA)'s have a fair amount of wins to runners.

Godspot
8th February 2007, 14:17
He's just overtaken Jack The Giant on TS's figs as top novice as well. They won't say yet which Cheltenham race he's going for yet though.

PS, Check your mail later, tis almost done!

Mavrick
8th February 2007, 14:36
Good stuff. The Arkle must be the best option for him clocking that sort of time.
I will keep an eye out, thanks.

Mavrick
8th February 2007, 14:57
Oh, it's a bit late I know but, in answer to your email question I couldn't give Sonevafushi a SR because the RP don't have a standard for hunter chases over 25.5f at Wincanton yet.

Godspot
7th March 2007, 12:27
So what's happening Mav? Are we 'on' or what?

You can get 14/s about Mick Fitz being top jockey, you should know your fate after the first couple of races but

Fair Along(Ger), sad race for favourites though & he wouldn't be my Banker of the week (say like Well Chief(Ger)), so what else is there? Jack The Giant or Don't Push It or even Buena Vista/Pipe:doh You may find Tidal Fury running & I quite like the look of Another Promise EW, he's come in from 100-28/1 lately. 9 times out of the last 10, (just one fav 5/4) the winner has been between 5 & 11/1.

Mavrick
7th March 2007, 20:49
Hello mate. I'm sorry that I've been so unsociable. I think Ginges post have caused me to lose the will to live when it comes to posting:D

I'm not backing anything until the day before or on the day except Well Chief which I'm already on and the price has drifted slightly. It doesn't matter what the going is for that whipper snapper.

Tidal Fury looks one tasty price at the moment but, I want to see what's happening with the weather.

Godspot
13th March 2007, 06:50
Hello mate. I'm sorry that I've been so unsociable. I think Ginges post have caused me to lose the will to live when it comes to posting:D

Tidal Fury looks one tasty price at the moment but, I want to see what's happening with the weather.

At least Ginge talks horses! I keep thinking I’ve joined a forum for a think-tank of the far right!:ermmm

The ground is beginning to dry out but Jonjo O'Neill said t'other day that it is softer than we have been told but

Fascinating Contest! It’s not often you have three Fineform Formula Maximum Rated in the same race. I can see Fair Along(Ger) upholding the form with My Way De Solzen(Fr) but Don’t Push It(Ire) is the more lightly raced of all of them & has already posted a time better than the last two winners of this race. With a little more improvement he could well counter the deficit of the 5lb allowance but

The Weekender’s Mark Your Card column describes Fair Along(Ger), ‘a little terrier, with cat-like jumping,’ & Mord’s is already talking about next years Gold Cup for Don’t Push It(Ire), theoretically, the former should just about have too much speed but what with the state of the ground, I can see it being pretty close between these two. I’d have to Dutch ‘em!

Win2Win
13th March 2007, 09:33
:laugh

Godspot
11th April 2010, 15:13
This years Arkle is going to be one hell of a race. Don't Push It clocked a very fast time today. Having two poor chases on the card makes it slightly difficult to put a real accurate figure on it but, 88+ is not out of the question.

This is probably just a freak year for top 2m novices but,

Sorry folks! I :censored: up here - I noticed this when I went in search of that Flintoff thread the other day & vaguely remembered that he was a good one & most probably a much better one than Flintoff but didn't look into it....

I tried telling Maverick that his figures were good, Kauto Star had earned an 89 from him & that 88+ on my old spreadsheet equated to a conservative estimated OR of 172 - I think the 11 5 he was set to carry put me off but an interesting profile for a National winner & if it's any consolation, this year's Arkle was vintage, so watch out for them in a few years time:)