PDA

View Full Version : Members Update Notice

Win2Win
5th February 2007, 18:46
On the 13th February their will be a limited update as I'll be in transit over the Atlantic. I'll add any Bonus bets & Method Lays the night before. So do not expect a MIDDAY update on that day.

The free eveing updates will appear online around 6am until the 28th February.

During this period MIDDAY updates will be online between 12:45pm-1:30pm.

Not sure what update I can do on the 28th Feb, I'll give more info nearer the dat.

Win2Win
12th February 2007, 23:48
Update online now. That is the lot for Tuesday.

Evening updates early AM.

vegyjones
13th February 2007, 00:00
Enjoy your flight!

I hear they're showing Alive! :yikes:

Win2Win
13th February 2007, 07:27
....I'm taking my own DVD's ........of LOST :ooo

bigcumba
13th February 2007, 07:57
Hope you've a good selection of suitable music for the flight as well Keith.... such as

Motorhead - Bomber
Saxon - 747 Strangers in the Night
Slade - The Wheels Ain't Comin' Down

Win2Win
14th February 2007, 16:16
:Helooo :Helooo :Helooo :Helooo :Helooo

;fire ;fire ;fire ;fire ;fire ;fire

Left Wales....7am....
Stuck in traffic 1hr
Gotto Manc airport...computers down....long cues for handwriten tickets....
..get to gate....computers back on so they must reissue all tickets..
...flight takes off 2hrs late :splapme
Get to Orlando(via Greenland :doh )
Food on plane terrible compared with SIA....and they had no sandwiches they told me so I was starving by the time they served a snack 2hrs before landing....what was it??? Sandwiches...the ones they didn't have earlier :icon_tong :icon_tong :icon_tong
Orlando airport closed due to worst storm in decades :anger
Circle for 25mins till it opens.
Land
45 mins getting through immigration....problems as I have very weak fingerprints :lickme
Get bags....15mins....
Then you have to change terminals & give your bags away again :(
45 mins later we had our bags back....:rolleyes:
45 mins waiting for hire 4x4 :geek
Tight :butthead: Yanks position the toll booths so you have to pay to get OUT of the airport ::swear
By the time I got to the hotel....I'd lost the will to live....
....plugged in computer....Florida ban access to Betfair :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

This morning computer not connect to Hotels WWW, so hacked into next doors :ermmm .......Managed to setup a proxy that can handle the Betfair scripts.......Back to normal.....I may start my holiday later :wink

MattR
14th February 2007, 16:31
....plugged in computer....Florida ban access to Betfair :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Well the Senator is Dubya's brother! :wink You get caught they'll have you on death row :laugh

Mavrick
14th February 2007, 16:42
I was going to ask you how you were intending to place your bets whilst in the US but, I forgot. I was thinking you were going to log into a computer in the UK with PC anywhere or something like that.
I have to turn off Onspeed when I go to place a bet as that uses a server in America.

Win2Win
14th February 2007, 16:42
It gets worse....

I came here to see the NASA launch of the THEMIS satellite on the 16th Feb.....just checked the site.....they launched it last night ;fire ;fire ;fire ;fire

Sent they a really polite scouse email ::swear ::swear ::swear

That's the reason I came here for. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

vegyjones
14th February 2007, 17:16
It may not seem like it now, but in yesars ahead,

you'll laugh at that!

John
14th February 2007, 18:05
That's a ::swear disgrace... the whole thing. I hope you complained or will complain about the crap level of service on the plane... at least you will know never to fly with them ever again. Why did you have to give your bags back again though after collecting them? That seems a bit odd.

As for the launch, I'm so sorry you missed it Keith, I'd ask you to post the email on here for us all to see but it'd probably send the swear filter on a bender. Did they say why they launched it early?

Win2Win
14th February 2007, 18:22
You collect the bags after getting off the plane....it is a new terminal, unfinished)....so you have to get the monorail to the main terminal....they do not allow luggage on it...so you have to put it on a conveyor....and it vanishes...and reappears in the main terminal years later!!!

I've emailed the top DICK at NASA......but even free tickets wouldn't compensate. :(

With regard to the airline, Virgin, I suppose I've got used to the high quality with SIA. The staff on Virgin were typical British workers....stood around....grunted a few times...and done as little as possible. SIA come round with drinks every hour, as you are supposed to drink plenty, Virgin, apart from food times, came round once, and it was water or orange.

Think I'll have a fight with the crocs later.....

Get this, you know we have Pot Noodles, etc, just went in the local supermarket.....they have corn flakes, rice crispies, etc, in little single tubs with the instructions.....Add Milk :laugh

John
14th February 2007, 19:22
:laugh That's funny, although if it's the same for what to do with vegetables regards cooking them I reckon it would be helpful to some - like me! :D I hope the top DICK at NASA listens to what you have to say, I really do. Do let us know what comes of the situation, you really deserve something out of it. Trip to the moon would be nice... then you can leave the crew there and fly the rocket home on your own. :D

vegyjones
14th February 2007, 20:57
Trip to the moon would be nice.

That could SO be taken in the wrong manner? :D

John
14th February 2007, 21:36
It's scouse-speak, Keith'll know what I mean. :)

sparkyminer
15th February 2007, 01:06
:Then you have to change terminals & give your bags away again :(
Orlando's always been like that.:)

Tight :butthead: Yanks position the toll booths so you have to pay to get OUT of the airport ::swear

You must've gone the wrong way. I didn't have to pay last year to leave the airport.:)

Win2Win
15th February 2007, 20:17
They've moved the tolls....even fooled TomTom...as I told it to skip the toll roads.

Anyway....update...NASA emailed me, apologizing....for not updating there website.......as the launch was cancelled due to a fuel leak :doh.........now fixed it is supposed to launch Friday 6pm :D ......and the shuttle is being rolled to it's launch pad for the 15th March launch.....so all is not lost.

Did you know that breakfast biscuits here are actually scones? :doh .....and KFC do not do chips!!!

Easy to drive here (apart from I sometimes hit the break when my brain says I need the clutch....more a problem for the driver behind me though :D )

Planned an airboat & helicopter flight for next week....I suppose half the cost is insurance.

presto
15th February 2007, 20:47
fixed a fuel leak that quickly :yikes: what did the use duct tape, it's hardly rocket science :doh

Win2Win
16th February 2007, 02:20
Well the NASA web site still says it went on Tuesday on some pages :doh ......and people trust them with technology/humans & fuel? :ooo

Saving a fortune using Skype :)

Doughnuts here taste like Madeira cake :lickme

Petrol is £1.20 a gallon.....I'll take your orders for it!! :wink

One thing I noticed here, if you are caught speeding through roadworks, and folk are working (rare in the UK :D )....the fine is doubled....that sounds like a good idea to me.

John
16th February 2007, 03:29
:D So you'll get to see the launch. Sod everything else, that's what's important! Great news Boss.

Win2Win
16th February 2007, 13:28
:D So you'll get to see the launch. Sod everything else, that's what's important! Great news Boss.
That's if there web site and info is now correct, as with the Mars Lander that crahsed as they mixed up feet with metres.......I'll take it as 50/50 correct :laugh

If it goes, I'll post some pics.....I'll be videoing it, so the wife is in charge of the stills :ooo .....as it's at dusk, not sure what they will come out like.

All the food is like Parliaments rent boy.....comes with cheese :geek

Win2Win
16th February 2007, 13:31
Pensylvania....2-3ft snow on Wednesday.....tailback 50 miles.....ice sheet on road...3 inches.....they call out the National Guard who check every vehicle has blankets, petrol for heating, food, water, nappies, etc......and in the UK they moan about 1cm, and can't handle it!!

vegyjones
16th February 2007, 13:47
and in the UK they moan about 1cm,

You're spot on. My wife's always moaning about my 1cm :ooo :ooo

Win2Win
17th February 2007, 18:22
Their was frost outside last night :yikes: .....Sunny though :rolleyes:

NASA launch tonight now...cancelled 3 mins to go last night.....got tickets for the Daytona 500 :D

Boy are the roads straight....strange thing is....you can't drive in a straight line without moving the steering wheel :doh

Win2Win
18th February 2007, 02:12
:woohoo:

I can die happy now :dead

(Pics and video online when I've done them)

Win2Win
18th February 2007, 02:38
Launch is here in a compressed RAR file. http://www.win2win.co.uk/file/Delta_Launch.rar

Win2Win
18th February 2007, 02:58
Booster rocket seperation....

Win2Win
18th February 2007, 03:00
On the launch pad. On the left is the 2nd Delta II launch pad, in the middle is the Shuttle Assembly Building (going in there next week as the shuttle leaves :D ).

Fadetoblack
18th February 2007, 03:05
Wow, that's pretty amazing. Great pics.

And it's weird seeing you online at this time of the night. (over here)

Win2Win
18th February 2007, 03:06
9PM....bath...then bed for 10.....3hr drive to Palm Beach tomoz.....I hate work :laugh