PDA

View Full Version : Dutch The Dog

Trapbeaters
2nd March 2007, 14:42
TFI Friday 2nd March:

We have been working on a dutching system with decent results so we will post selections here.

Using certain meeting our aim is to achieve a profit within the 1st 4 races of any meeting we post selections at. STOP at a winner

SWINDON:
Trap 1 & 3

presto
2nd March 2007, 14:51
i never get these stop at a winner plans,
if the selections were profitable to level stakes, then all the stop at a winner does is reduce turnover and potential profit.

unless this is just a loss chaser staking plan :splapme

Trapbeaters
2nd March 2007, 14:56
Hi Presto,

This system is in it's early stages yet m8y, and we have found its the best way that works for us for now.

Obviuosly if members want to carry on then thats fine, BUT what if in the 1st 4 races none of the dogs wins, where do you draw the line of accepting losses or do you chase for the full meeting???

Thnaks again for your post, but lets just see what happens buddy :D

presto
2nd March 2007, 15:03
accepting losses for 4 bets is pefectly acceptable, as long as you are betting within your limits, with a decent, sensible staking plan.
i personally would draw the line of 'cutting my losses' when my sensible 'test bank' of a sum i am willing to lose, goes bust using a sensible staking plan of say 3-5% bet per dutch depending on SR.
let me turn that question on it's head - why stop after race 1 (if a winner) if races 2/3/4 are expected to win (if this is using a system) and lose out on potential profit?

Trapbeaters
2nd March 2007, 15:14
Hi Presto,

Basically m8, we are out to make a profit as quick as possible and as we have been using dog systems for a while, even if you make a profit from the dogs these days you are doing well.

Obviously only covering the 1st 4 races at the meeting will reduce any losses that may incurr, as there are some 16 races at the average dog meeting. At the end of the day we are interested in profit, now wether that comes in the 1st race or the 4th then great.

But we do not want to be chasing losses, and this system is not based on going through any dog card using just 2 traps as this would be virtually impossible.

It's a case of trying to get the job done as soon as possible, and move on.

Lets see how it pans out m8

Regards

Trapbeaters
2nd March 2007, 15:16
TFI Friday 2nd March:

We have been working on a dutching system with decent results so we will post selections here.

Using certain meeting our aim is to achieve a profit within the 1st 4 races of any meeting we post selections at. STOP at a winner

SWINDON:
Trap 1 & 3

RESULT:
Trap 3 1st 5/2 Sorted :D

presto
2nd March 2007, 15:26
nice first bet,

just out of interest - what would be the staking if this bet lost?

Trapbeaters
2nd March 2007, 15:33
Hi Presto,

Firstly thanks, and we normally carry our losses over to the next selections, but i must say that in most cases, it is rare where we do not get the desired trap needed within the first 4 races.

On some days there will be more than 1 meeting posted, so it's early days but we got off to a good start.

We will be back tomorrow, and thanx for the interest :wink

presto
2nd March 2007, 15:53
will all the bets be based on trap numbers? - so the 2 traps remain constant through the meeting? (i assume the 2 highest SR / ROI traps - if the case) or does the form etc... come into play?

getting back to the - reduced potential losses / turnover debate.
i still think that the way to go would be to cover the full meeting, as it could be split up into blocks of 4 races ie,:

R1-1, R2-2, R3-4, R4-8
(race number - units staked) as it is, (race 4 - 8 (+previous losses (15 units) stake being the stop loss.) would be:

R1-1, R2-2, R3-4, R4-8........R1-1, R2-2, R3-4, R4-8.......R1-1, R2-2, R3-4, R4-8........R1-1, R2-2, R3-4, R4-8.......

so you would get 75% more turnover, and more turnover means more profit, if the system has a positive POI. as for the potential losses debate - say the first block of 4 lost - then this way you would have a chance to recoup

(the stakes illustrated are martingale, i know it's not what you would use - but for example).

though to be honnest it's not my personal preferance of plan,
just a word of warning though - tips are warmly welcomed, however using the site as a 'promotional' tool is discouraged.

Mavrick
2nd March 2007, 17:06
Great start and welcome to the forum but, unless the selections are based on a day to day track bias then I have to agree with Presto that it doesn't make any sense to stop betting if you have had a winner.

Instead of looking at it as taking every day as it comes, it might be best just to consider all races being consecutive regardless of the days they are running.

I knew people though when I worked in the bookies who did just back certain traps at certain tracks and where so successful that they were in the end limited to £25 bets but, I'm sure they were also taking the price in to account. I'm not very clued up about dogs so I'm sure you know a lot more then me.

Best of luck

Trapbeaters
2nd March 2007, 17:19
Hi guys,

Everybody uses info in a different way, all my point was that if you have made a profit early on, whats the point of carrying on when you could end up losing it.

As it was today at Swindon, in the 1st 4 races 3 won the 1st race and 1 won the next 3 so i can see the argument, but i can assure you that this does not happen that often.

All i can do is just post the selections and members can decide for themselves how far they want to go with the system.

Just beacuse i stop at a winner this does not mean it should apply to everybody.

And just on another note i am not sure what i am supposed to be "promoting", this is a forum to post selections on is it not :doh

Thanks again :D

Trapbeaters
2nd March 2007, 17:22
Go on then whilst i am here i will post a few for tonight, :lickme

BELLE VUE:
Trap 3 & 4

WIMBLEDON:
Trap 1 & 6

Good luck

bigcumba
2nd March 2007, 17:29
And just on another note i am not sure what i am supposed to be "promoting", this is a forum to post selections on is it not :doh

I think there is a little bit of suspicion because your posting style is very very like someone who was here before and got himself banned - the exact same words and phrases have cropped up and the same use of 'we' rather than 'I' suggesting you're not doing these yourself, but in collaboration with someone or perhaps another website? And he was called Paul....

bigcumba
2nd March 2007, 17:56
Gotcha didn't I? :rolleyes: Funny how as soon as I mentioned the banned Paul to you, you log off and he logs on for the first time in ages. Coincidence? I think not. Banned again.

presto
2nd March 2007, 18:08
busted.

bigcumba
2nd March 2007, 18:24
Trapbeaters has appeared back on the forum with the same IP address as pauluk. :rolleyes:

danbo1000
3rd March 2007, 01:19
"we"
My mates mum does that when she advertises on ebay trying to sell her old junk.

"We aim to deliver next day" and "we offer money back guarantee"

She seems to think people will think she's a credible organisation but it just sounds silly like there was 6 people sat at the keyboard typing the message or something.:splapme

trapbackagain
3rd March 2007, 02:42
Go on then whilst i am here i will post a few for tonight, :lickme

BELLE VUE:
Trap 3 & 4

WIMBLEDON:
Trap 1 & 6

Good luck

BELLE VUE:
Race 1: Trap 3 1st 6/1

WIMBLEDON:
Race 1: Trap 6 1st 3/1

trapbackagain
3rd March 2007, 02:45
Why don't you lot get a life, i was banned over 12 months ago and all i was doing was checking it was me cos i forgot.

PS get better security on this forum :splapme

Hope ya made a few quid today

Win2Win
3rd March 2007, 10:25
How can it get better, you're banned? :doh ....and we have a life, thanks for your concern and asking. :)